• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Link Lives and I need help.

Started by Kenshin72, January 14, 2009, 01:01:43 pm

RAMee

August 07, 2009, 05:44:31 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RAMee
The portrait is jaw-droppingly amazing.

Kenshin72

November 02, 2009, 07:44:07 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kenshin72
This sucks balls. My computer won't turn on so whoever wants to take the sprite and finish it is more than welcome. I think the one posted on here is pretty recent. Just give me credit okay?

Cheetah

November 02, 2009, 07:52:01 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
This sprite does need to be finished. It is a bit messy in parts but it is at least a good design. The skin tones really need some work, but the portrait is freaking amazing. Everyone just take a look at the first couple posts for what you need to get started.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

November 03, 2009, 12:12:34 am #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Smash did a frame of Link too ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

November 03, 2009, 02:12:07 am #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Smash did a frame of Link too ^^

Where is it Jimmy, can you post a link? (hehe I made a funny)
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

November 03, 2009, 02:19:32 am #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

November 03, 2009, 02:32:10 am #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Everything Smash do seems custom. :P
*envious*
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

November 03, 2009, 02:36:13 am #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Yeah, if I have a small percentage of his skills, that would be awesome ^^

mav

November 03, 2009, 07:22:50 am #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Oh man, that Link looks beautiful too, but it looks like it'd be a bitch to complete. The one in this topic is pretty good as well, it just needs to be finished and completely touched up...The portrait is solid too--let's not lose it.

Zalge

November 03, 2009, 07:50:05 am #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Smash's link, it looks nice. But it looks so custom, I can't imagine what character was used as a base or anything! If we knew the base sprite and any parts that were specifically taken from other sprites then it would be much simple to complete Smash's link... not saying that it would be easy, just simple.

Cheetah

November 03, 2009, 12:08:51 pm #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I believe all of Smash's sprites are completely custom, he only used other sprites as visual reference. But we can still use some of his design ideas, colors, and at least the head to improve on the base that currently exists.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

November 04, 2009, 11:50:51 am #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Yeah, Smash's work are total custom. Though the current Link in the first page looks good ^^
Can't compare that with Smash's as his is a whole new level of skill. And yes, Link portrait by Curu...Please do not lose it. I doubt there's anyone can come up with a better Link portrait.

Kenshin72

I'm very unhappy with how his hat looks in these frames. Anyone want to try to redesign it or give me some ideas on how to fix it?

EDIT: All that green in his tights has been removed and his skirt has been redone.

Jon

Link doesn't wear a skirt, its a long tunic >_> yeah...thats it...anyways your hat looks actually better than mine, but it could use a bit of a raise against gravity. The tights are alright, but replace those shoes, Link wears boots. I know this will sound like a bad idea (considering you are basing this Link off of the Ocarina of Time one) but get rid of/change the strap/belt thing that he wears across his chest, to me it looks weird, thats just my opinion, I bet others will tell you to leave it alone. The green on the tights wasn't removed in the 1st and 3rd frame btw. Keep at this, this will be a great sprite!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kenshin72

I may have said I removed the green but I didn't update the pictures. And in the third frame you'll notice his shoulder jags out, that is the remnant of the female thief bandana which has been fixed. Skirt/Tunic has been redone so it doesn't resemble the thief's shorts anymore.

SilvasRuin

It may be cartoony, but this is the best Link design I've ever seen.  Notice the subtle chain mail and the fact that he's wearing actual pants and not tights.  I don't know if the chainmail can be properly conveyed in a sprite, but the rest of the clothing design would do well for the appearance I think.
http://www.sitsam.com/wordpress/wp-cont ... -Sword.jpg

Jon

Hey Silvas, they should remake the first Zelda from the NES and use that pic as a base. One problem that artist overlooked is that I think Link is left handed, but besides that, the chain-mail could work because in the SNES game Link wears "blue mail" and "red mail". I think I might devout some time to a young Link based from the Ramza (ch.1) sprite, but after I'm done with the cactuar. Funny thing is, on a gravestone in FF1 for the GBA, it says "Here lies Link", maybe SquarEnix had some problems with the Legend of Zelda or something...and here we are trying to make a Link sprite for FFT...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

SilvasRuin

That Link is for the next Wii game, so no, that wasn't an oversight.  He's right handed for the same reason they flipped everything for the Wii version of Twilight Princess:  most players will be right handed.

Square seemed to poke fun of and get poked fun at by Nintendo and Enix both.  As far as I can tell, it was all just friendly, teasing easter eggs, not anything hostile.