• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:23:05 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Windows application based on Zodiac's Excel workbook

Started by melonhead, December 31, 2007, 02:21:18 am

Xifanie

January 03, 2008, 09:42:08 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Nawtsz
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kourama

January 03, 2008, 09:51:49 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I wouldn't mind creating my own patch for the PSP version but I'm going to wait until the event editor before I do that.

karsten

January 05, 2008, 10:12:55 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
what happens if you make so that the undead status cancels the cristal status? undead will always respawn? anyone tried this?

Xifanie

January 05, 2008, 10:36:01 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I'm quite unsure of what would happen... and you'd have to give immune to treasure too. ;o
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

karsten

January 06, 2008, 03:30:19 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
i'm a little confused... if i change a shield evade, does it show onscreen or not? i changed a shield with the editor, but the navigation message says that evade is still the same...

does it change and then text is not updated, maybe?

Xifanie

January 06, 2008, 08:08:20 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
If it doesn't change on the status screen, it won't change in the formula.

karsten

January 06, 2008, 09:22:41 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
now everything works.... but some problems to understand how to be fixed:

1) giving mime a skillset and equpi is useless due to him not equipping anything and not be able to do anything else besid attack and mimicking

2)same for the calculator: it just say that there's no combos available instead of using the brand new skillset i gave him.

any idea on this?

karsten

January 06, 2008, 10:50:05 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
another strange thing; while trying to make a berserker, i gave the unit inherent and start berserk. well berserk is there but it kicks in only after the first attack :P

VincentCraven

January 06, 2008, 01:44:57 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
That event also happens when equipping an item that makes the unit always; Berserk, IIRC. Actually, the first turn the unit is berserk, but the player can make the unit move (or act) before he loses control of that unit. I thought I had a remedy to this, but I'll have to check again.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

January 06, 2008, 01:46:30 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Err... only give it permanent berserk, I never thought so, but looks like the two are interfering.

karsten

January 06, 2008, 02:41:16 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "karsten"now everything works.... but some problems to understand how to be fixed:

1) giving mime a skillset and equpi is useless due to him not equipping anything and not be able to do anything else besid attack and mimicking

2)same for the calculator: it just say that there's no combos available instead of using the brand new skillset i gave him.

any idea on this?

and what about these 2?

Xifanie

January 06, 2008, 04:45:19 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Can't do anything for the first and for the Calc, never had trouble with that one...

You changed the skillset linked to the job right? If you just tried to change the skills from Math Skills, it's normal it's not working; you have to do something else too.

Kourama

January 06, 2008, 11:08:06 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
You can change the skills in the Math Skills skill set but then you also have to change the Action Menu listing from Math Skills to Default.

If you want to make some changes based solely on the current Math Skill set though it seems you are out of luck then. Items, Geomancy, Jump, Draw Out, Throw, and Charge are pretty much set and the only changes you can make are in the same boat as Math Skills. Change the skills in the skill set and then change the Action Menu listing to Default.

Its too bad too because I would love to have Lancer with more than just Jump as its sole ability.

Edit: As for Mime I haven't even tried playing around with Mime. I know innate abilities and stat growth/mulitpliers can be messed around with easily but maybe I'll mess around with it and see what can be possible with it.

melonhead

January 07, 2008, 12:27:38 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
New version:
FFTPatcher - v0.168

Changes since v0.164:
  • Fixed bug in CheckedListBoxes where the highlighting was not always displayed correctly
  • Added ENTD editor
  • Optimized .fftpatch generation to generate only the elements that are necessary.
Changes since v0.148:
  • Changed the behavior of the CheckedListBoxes so that you only have to click once to check or uncheck an item
  • Optimized CWCheat/Gameshark code generation so less codes are generated and the CWCheat codes get split out into groups of 25
  • Added highlighting and tooltips to all editing controls:
    • Controls will be highlighted in blue if the value they modify has been changed from its default
    • MouseOver on an editing control (except checkboxes) will show a tooltip with the default value
Could Zodiac or whoever update the links on the main page? Or maybe change the link to http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/downloads/list which will always have a link to the newest version.

karsten

January 07, 2008, 02:14:14 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Kourama"You can change the skills in the Math Skills skill set but then you also have to change the Action Menu listing from Math Skills to Default.

If you want to make some changes based solely on the current Math Skill set though it seems you are out of luck then. Items, Geomancy, Jump, Draw Out, Throw, and Charge are pretty much set and the only changes you can make are in the same boat as Math Skills. Change the skills in the skill set and then change the Action Menu listing to Default.

Its too bad too because I would love to have Lancer with more than just Jump as its sole ability.

Edit: As for Mime I haven't even tried playing around with Mime. I know innate abilities and stat growth/mulitpliers can be messed around with easily but maybe I'll mess around with it and see what can be possible with it.

thanks! i'll try it out soon!

Kourama

January 07, 2008, 08:00:22 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
The update for the patcher is great so far. I still need a lot more time with the ENTD Editor but so far its great. There are two things that are missing.

Although its great that I can change the events on the PSP version all of the new battles aren't in the ENTD editor and I'm not referring to the multiplayer battles. Stemming from that it I can't equip any enemy with any of the new items. Now I could see where the issue would appear after my question about  making new items poachable but the new battle where you recruit Balthier would answer several questions since Balthier has 2 of the new items equip.

Other than that it seems to be working as well as the original ENTD Editor. Thanks for the update.

melonhead

January 07, 2008, 08:51:15 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Kourama"The update for the patcher is great so far. I still need a lot more time with the ENTD Editor but so far its great. There are two things that are missing.

Although its great that I can change the events on the PSP version all of the new battles aren't in the ENTD editor and I'm not referring to the multiplayer battles. Stemming from that it I can't equip any enemy with any of the new items. Now I could see where the issue would appear after my question about  making new items poachable but the new battle where you recruit Balthier would answer several questions since Balthier has 2 of the new items equip.

Other than that it seems to be working as well as the original ENTD Editor. Thanks for the update.

I'm still trying to track down where on the UMD the new battles are stored and confirm that the ENTD files are where I think they are.

I found four files on the UMD that are identical to ENTD1-4.ENT from the Playstation version, but I haven't confirmed that changing those files actually changes stuff in game.

karsten

January 07, 2008, 12:38:28 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
just a question: can you use the empty places in the skillsets? like skillset 00 or 04? or something would glitch?

also what are the palettes bites for? if i change palette for a class will it retain it afterwards?

and lastly, what happens if i add enemies to a story battle like the windmill shed? will i get more enemies, the game will glitch? the number will be the same but they'll randomly appear?

Xifanie

January 07, 2008, 12:52:40 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I wouldn't recommend those, IIRC Attack is 0x01, Defend is 0x03 and Equip Change is 0x04, for the rest can't recall but don't touch these. Plus you can't even set 0x00 as it's considered blank.

Palletes are only for the battle... if you invite an enemy knight with a green-ish palette, it will turn to palette 0x00 after battle.

Xifanie

January 07, 2008, 01:03:29 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
For the amount of units in battle, the maximum is 16, so max 11 for all random battles and 12 for most story battles (if not all).

Even if ramza goes alone in a 13 vs 1 battle, it will glitch. You cannot surpass the amount you are allowed.