• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:35:11 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTorgASM compatible with PSP?

Started by thisisstupid999, June 02, 2011, 11:03:12 pm

thisisstupid999

Last I checked, it wasn't. All it did was make the game crash if you applied any patches, but I just updated to the newest version.

MagiusRerecros

Still isn't; all asm hacks are currently only for the psx version. AFAIK, not nearly enough people have shown interest in psp asm hacking, so it hasn't been done.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

thisisstupid999

Well that would be because almost everyone on this site runs the PSX version.

MagiusRerecros

That is true. The PSP effect slowdown is enough to put most of us off of said version for life.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: thisisstupid999 on June 02, 2011, 11:03:12 pm
Last I checked, it wasn't. All it did was make the game crash if you applied any patches, but I just updated to the newest version.

This is because the PSP version uses offsets that are different than the PSX version.  Hence, any PSX ASM will be patched to the wrong routines, thus freezing the game.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Glain

I don't even think offsets are the half of it. I believe the code was modified and recompiled for the PSP -- even the same routines wouldn't have the same code. Luckily the target assembly language is still MIPS, but it is for a later architecture, so the compiler might have generated totally different looking ASM! Maybe even a few commands the PSX can't use -- barrels of fun, I'm sure.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Glain on July 12, 2011, 11:43:37 am
I don't even think offsets are the half of it. I believe the code was modified and recompiled for the PSP -- even the same routines wouldn't have the same code. Luckily the target assembly language is still MIPS, but it is for a later architecture, so the compiler might have generated totally different looking ASM! Maybe even a few commands the PSX can't use -- barrels of fun, I'm sure.

Could the PSP code, when disassembled, prove useful when implementing WOTL features in the PS1 version?

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on July 20, 2011, 05:37:25 pm
Could the PSP code, when disassembled, prove useful when implementing WOTL features in the PS1 version?

Obviously yes.  That's why I started this thread.  http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6826.0
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Lockeadon

i wish it were... i don't know how to do it manually...