• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:44:21 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters At Clinic

Started by Archael, October 28, 2010, 04:20:16 am

DaveSW

No, I know most of it already.  I just meant that if there was a Norse Bible, I could go door to door, trying to get people to worship Odin.
I am awesome.

Eternal

Only if the first thing you say to people is, "Welcome to Valhalla!"
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DaveSW

I think if I did go door to door hocking religion, I would also try to sell them Kool-Aid at the same time.  
Oh, what the hell would you call someone who worships Odin, Thor and the like?  Oh, and at what point in the mythology should the present time be considered?  In other words, has Odin already been eaten by Fenrir?  Or is that the Norse equivalent to the rapture?
Oh, and how should I spin it so that the Norse Bible wouldn't condone bestiality? Should i just cut out the whole Loki turning into a mare and birthing Slepnir story?  
Also, should Odin and Loki be treated as two seperate St. Ajoras, or should they be considered a mono-polytheistic hybrid, just like YHWH, Jesus, and "The Holy Ghost" are supposed to be the same and different simultaneously?

I am thinking that I actually want to do this.  Find every Norse story and throw them all together in one book.  Translate it poorly, and try to see if anyone will drink this especially awesome flavor of Kool-Aid.
I am awesome.

Kaijyuu

Someone sounds bitter :P

Show me on this doll where the kool-aid touched you.
  • Modding version: PSX

DaveSW

Back when I was still a Christian, I was kicked out of my church, and permanently ostracized from my then friends, because I asked too many questions, which led to many teens in my bible study class quitting the church after they realized it was all bs.  The funny part, I just wanted to know more about my then religion.  The Kool-aid I drank was some pretty serious sh*t.  If you ever saw Jesus Camp, that is the kind of nut-job I used to be.

Then I started to actually read the bible.  Then I read a different version. Then I did some research on it and found out how crappy of a translation it is.  I thought Dycedarg's older brother was about as bad as it could get, I was wrong.  I have yet to meet a non-mormon that has actually read their version of the bible completely.  

As for the mormons, to quote the guy that kept bugging me this summer: "If you can bring yourself to believe that God is his own son, and that had his own sacrificed so that we can enter Heaven, then believing that Jesus came to America after he died is not much of a stretch."  I don't think that he realized that just provided a great argument for why people get brainwashed so easily.

If you can bring yourself to believe that body-thetans are the source of all negative emotions, then believing Xenu put the frozen corpses of space monsters in our volcanoes whose souls became these body-thetans is not much of a stretch.

Yeah, what can I say?  I am not to fond of the Kool-Aid, it left a nasty aftertaste that I will never be able to wash out.
I am awesome.

Archael

Sorry to hear that man. I was raised by parents/ school system that taught me ALL the religions and to think for myself. Obviously Im now an atheist

When I see stories like yours, it makes me feel lucky yet very spoiled

DaveSW

I am social pariah here in Texass, as my wife and I are the only 2 Atheists we know.  The upside though, telling some annoying stranger that I'm an Atheist is the easiest way to get them to got away, unless they are a cop, in which case I just get arrested.  I used to have "Blasphemy is a victimless crime" on the bumper of my car.  That didn't go over to well with local PD.  (I still can't get my car to run.)  

The worst part though, I am a terrible liar, and at any job I work at, people find out pretty quick that I am not a mindless sheep like them, which leads to me being fired almost immediately.  

Idiots think that just because I won't drink any brand of Kool-Aid, (except of course for actual Kool-Aid), that it somehow means I am completely amoral, and will rape, murder, and jaywalk at any opportunity.  The truth, of course, is that besides the one time I picked a fight with a SWAT team, I have never done anything immoral or unethical, I never even cheated on any tests back in school, hell, I never even grief other players on any online game.
I am awesome.

DaveSW

No money, otherwise I would go back to Seattle in a heartbeat.
I am awesome.

Kaijyuu

Ha, I didn't expect a real answer. Yeah, that bitterness is pretty justified.

Carry on.

DaveSW

This is a shining example of why any belief in magic/voodoo/gods/what-have-you is very bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82EiZt6CEpQ

Imagine if that kind of thinking was allowed in the US:

Suspect: "I didn't kill the heathen, Satan did!"
Cop: "Do you have any proof of this?"
Suspect: "Can you prove I'm lying?"
Cop: "You are free to go."

Negative proof is the major logic fail that all religions prescribe to.  Rationalwiki should be required reading in highschool.
I am awesome.

Archael

Quote from: "DaveSW"Suspect: "I didn't kill the heathen, Satan did!"
Cop: "Do you have any proof of this?"
Suspect: "Can you prove I'm lying?"
Cop: "You are free to go."

Negative proof is the major logic fail that all religions prescribe to.  Rationalwiki should be required reading in highschool.

I can't tell you how good it is to see other rational people who see things for what they are exist out there

props to you DaveSW

philsov

QuoteTexass

Howdy!  

Though I guess you're in a more rural area, huh?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

Quote from: "DaveSW"No money, otherwise I would go back to Seattle in a heartbeat.

An atheist from Seattle that moved to Texas, do I know you? Bummer man it would have been cool to have a like minded Seattlite. Even if it is expensive as shit to live here.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DaveSW

The thing I hate most is that when reality is dick-slapping these idiots in the face, they just assume the mushroom print on their cheeks came from Satan.  Sorry but Satan did not prove the existence of evolution, Richard Lenski did. Satan does not make people gay, Satan does not force people to have abortions, Satan doesn't f*cking exist.

Oh, wait, the other thing I hate the most, is that when anything 'good' happens, these idiots assume angels did it.  No wonder these people really think the world has gone to sh*t when they credit angels for all the good things in life, and not people.
Me: "Oh wow, mom! That old man just bought us all our food!"
Mom: "Yes, well he must've been an angel, after all, I've never seen him again."

At the time, I believed her... *Sigh*

Damn... I really could go on and on about how EVERYTHING has a logical explanation to it.  But this topic jumped the shark as soon as I started posting on it, so I guess it is time to let it die.

That said, I really like the community here, it seems like most of the major people here really smart, passionate people who aren't just a bunch of f*cking annoying fanboys who hate everything that isn't FFT.  (FFT is my second favorite game of all time, the first being Super Metroid, but thinking either game is 'perfect' is just absurd).

Oh, and I've been watching the Chronicles of Kanbarif... if that Reis fanboy chemist was still around, would he be gushing over Balthier, and his ability to do 7992 damage in one turn? (He does swing 8 times if he is dual wielding, right?)
I am awesome.

DaveSW

Ok, last pick is just plain awesome.

Oh, and Cheetah, what part of Seattle are you from? I'm from Shoreline, when it was still a part of Seattle.
I am awesome.

Xifanie

Dave, do you not believe in her holiness?

All is the will of St. Ajora.

Farlem.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DaveSW

Sorry, but the first thing I do when I hack FFT is swap the names of Truth and Un-Truth.  Like Worker 8, I come with innate Atheist status.  I also think it is kinda awesome that the church would hate me even more than Ramza, as apostates are considered to be even worse than heretics.

Dave, my in game avatar: "So, your telling me that that giant rock will only crush me to pieces if I believe in it, but this Elixir will heal me regardless?"
Generic Time Mage: "But if you don't submit to the will of God, I won't be able to make you move fast!"
Dave: *pulls out Excalibur* "You were saying?"

Really, in the FFT world, Atheists only need to fear people with a stockpile of Katanas.

Hell, Atheists ARE the people with a huge stockpile of Katanas.
I am awesome.