• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:17:48 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Event Comiler // Decompiler ?

Started by evan212, October 20, 2010, 01:28:15 am

evan212

Ok I have a great idea how to use programs and after trying to figure out how to use this one for about 30minutes ...

i just decided to make a seperate post since zodiac's post has 30 pages ....

I dont need lists ... or anything like that since i found most of what i need in zodiac's post ...

what I need to know ... is how the hell to export a event ... using this program .. i read the readme and tried searching for answers in zodiacs post ....

with no success .....

so do extract from the iso at a certain point ..... and then use that file ..... or download some file??

or what? cause i read nothing that simply told me what to do .. always shady

philsov

you extract ..... test.evt from ......  your ... iso, preferably ..... using

cdmage.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

evan212

Quote from: "philsov"you extract ..... test.evt from ......  your ... iso, preferably ..... using

cdmage.

ok ...... thank  ....... you ....... very ......... much ........ showing ........ me ...... how ........ to ........ do ......this ................

ok now if i am using a bin img ... i heard it is exactly the same as an iso img .... and all i need to do is rename it ...

this was told to me by a great moderator of 2 top websites that i cannot name ... would renaming the bin to iso hurt anything that you know of .....

cause i know usually you would convert this but everytime i convert bin to iso i get a crap img that doesnt work or a coaster..

philsov

don't rename it.

bin files always have a .cue file to help them along, plus sometimes two other files of various formats.  iso does not.  Changing a .bin to .iso, much less by simple renaming, is horrible advice.

bin/cue works fine with cdmage and everything else this site has to offer.  Iso is just a general term -- its like saying "rom" even though SNES roms (e.g.) are technically srm files.  So, no, I would not "normally convert this."

evan212

Quote from: "philsov"don't rename it.

bin files always have a .cue file to help them along, plus sometimes two other files of various formats.  iso does not.  Changing a .bin to .iso, much less by simple renaming, is horrible advice.

bin/cue works fine with cdmage and everything else this site has to offer.  Iso is just a general term -- its like saying "rom" even though SNES roms (e.g.) are technically srm files.  So, no, I would not "normally convert this."

from what I have been told is BIN is EXACTLY (almost in every case) an exact copy of a ISO ... renaming is no problem ... multiple people on forums who have dealt with PSX/PS2/Gamecube//many other games have told me this "reliable sources tell me to rename and it's done"

Converting it results in error 100% of the time in my case ... not because I convert wrong either ... take a BIN img ... convert it .... burn it .... and try it!

Something goes horribly wrong  ... rename the same file from BIN to ISO ... problem solved ..

if there is something technical that you know please further explain it... because from what I'm getting from another forum that has multiple online mods/admins for help and research .. I am not seeing here ... Philsov you have helped me before and I thank you for your time .. as I see you online trying to help people on this site the most of anyone....   a post of mine being addressed by you almost instantly.
Response:
"in most cases changing a bin to ISO works fine, and NOBODY uses ISO as a general term for a disc image"
"and technically, a .bin is the same as an ISO, as the internal structure is an exact binary dump of a disc, they should always specify what the file type is"

Mari

Whoever said a bin is the same thing as an iso is a retard.

Just saying.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

philsov

*blink*

.bin/.cue works perfectly fine, especially in regards to this site. Why would you even want to change it to iso in the first place?  Its an unnecessary step and lord knows there's enough pebkac errors already present.

Not to even mention changing an extension on a file does not convert it.  Ever.  

Quote"in most cases changing a bin to ISO works fine, and NOBODY uses ISO as a general term for a disc image"

1) changing a bin to an iso, in your case, is a 100% failure rate
2) I use iso as a general term for disc image

The lad's 0 for 2.

Edit:  On the same note, img/sub/ccd is also a valid format.

Edit2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

"An ISO image (International Organization for Standardization) is an archive file (also known as a disc image) of an optical disc, composed of the data contents of every written sector of an optical disc, including the optical disc file system."

Either way, your real question is answered, and I'm now locking this before I keep on editing this with excessive use of italics/bold just to convey exactly how stupid your last post was.

Edit3: If you are having problems with extracting your test.evt, and your game file plays fine, please post in Help so we can help you with that matter.