• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:41:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

psx emulator on dell laptop

Started by Barren, April 28, 2010, 03:46:37 pm

Barren

hey guys whats going on? A lot of times when I play my psx emulator (ePSXe 1.7.0) on my laptop (dell latitude D531 w/ 896 MB of RAM and 75 GB of Hard disk space, Windows XP SP 3, Mobile AMD Sempron, Processor 3600+) it would lag on me. I even checked task manager and my psx emulator takes up memory gradually and increases page file usage as well as CPU resource usage. If anyone can tell me what I need to make my emulator run faster on my laptop, that would be really nice. thanks
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Samuraiblackbelt

make the window smaller or use a different emu
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Bastard Poetry

Downgrade to ePSXe 1.6.0 and use Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76 graphics plugin. That's how I got it to run smoothly on my older desktop with XP.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Barren

whenever I tried playing the psx 1.6 version, the frame skipping is way to fast and I when I play fft 1.3 on ePSXe 1.6, the circle, square, triangle and X buttons are disabled for some odd reason, you think you can help me with that?

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Barren"whenever I tried playing the psx 1.6 version, the frame skipping is way to fast and I when I play fft 1.3 on ePSXe 1.6, the circle, square, triangle and X buttons are disabled for some odd reason, you think you can help me with that?

Do those buttons normally work for other games?  Just reconfigure your emulator to have those buttons correspond to the keys you want.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"
Quote from: "Barren"whenever I tried playing the psx 1.6 version, the frame skipping is way to fast and I when I play fft 1.3 on ePSXe 1.6, the circle, square, triangle and X buttons are disabled for some odd reason, you think you can help me with that?

Do those buttons normally work for other games?  Just reconfigure your emulator to have those buttons correspond to the keys you want.
I already configured that but for some reason they wont wont even at the name your character screen. its like WTF Mate?!