• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:59:47 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Poll: Heavenly Chaos

Started by Lydyn, May 06, 2008, 05:35:42 pm

Who here plays it or has tried it?

I do, it's great!
0 (0%)
I do, but I have some suggestions (I'll post them).
0 (0%)
I don't, not really my style.
2 (16.7%)
I don't, I don't want to install all the stuff / don't know how to install all the stuff.
0 (0%)
I don't, but I have some suggestions (I'll post them).
0 (0%)
I'm too busy working on my own FFT Hacking stuff to actually play anything else.
10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2008, 05:35:42 pm

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 05:35:42 pm Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:35:44 pm by Lydyn
Well, you have the poll question there. Mostly this is to see if I should try posting this other places or seeing if I should get votes for my own forum section so things are less culttered. Right now, it's sort of a mess to flip through all the pages and stuff, but it's not a big deal if no one really plays with it ...

Now I know I suppose v0.13's higher levels might turn people away from using it lately (had anyone been playing it), but I'm strongly considering adding innate Gained EXP-UP. The point of all that was so that the player isn't some 33 levels above the boss at the end (Altima's only level 66).

Anyways, whatever you choose, I'll greatly welcome the feedback, thanks. ^^

Cheetah

May 06, 2008, 06:45:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I have a new option suggestion:

"I'm too busy working on my own FTT Hacking stuff to actually play anything else."
Current Projects:

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 07:35:17 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Heh! Added. ^^

Xifanie

May 06, 2008, 07:54:16 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Already sounds way better than 1.2. Yeah, sounds; I haven't played any of them.

Damn, I wish I had a clone, I could do way more things.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 07:59:41 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
What? My patch? Well, even if you haven't played it, it's always nice to get compliments. I have to agree with the clone as well ... just as long as he wasn't an evil clone.

Cheetah

May 06, 2008, 09:35:10 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh Zodiac thank you so much for fixing the colors on your portrait. I didn't want to say anything but the contrast on the other one always drove me nuts haha.

And I would totally go for an evil clone. I'm just too nice of a guy, I need a version of me who as a bit of an attitude. Plus life would just be more exciting with a force of evil to compete with every now and then.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

May 06, 2008, 10:11:21 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I didn't, Traverse did.

And by the way never hold anything back against me; unless it's just for flaming. I always look forward to being better.

However I know almost everyone can't face truth so easily, but I always taught it was a nice skillset. Wait, I'm going off topic. :O
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 10:14:53 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I do, it's great!    
  0%  [ 0 ]

I do, but I have some suggestions (I'll post them).    
  0%  [ 0 ]

I don't, not really my style.    
  0%  [ 0 ]

I don't, I don't want to install all the stuff / don't know how to install all the stuff.    
  0%  [ 0 ]

I don't, but I have some suggestions (I'll post them).    
  0%  [ 0 ]

I'm too busy working on my own FFT Hacking stuff to actually play anything else.    
  100%  [ 6 ]

- - - - - -

Hm, don't think it matters much that you're going off topic at this point Zodiac, lol. Everyone's been too busy to even try anyone else's patches. xD

Cheetah

May 06, 2008, 10:21:06 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
It is a bit of a shame. But at this point I think we are all just working on stuff that will contribute to bigger and better things down the road.
Current Projects:

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 10:27:52 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, the bright side, I've learned enough to actually know what I'm talking about now. ^^ Everything from skillset problems to ENTD filing and all that jazz.

When v0.14 is released, I may actually be able to devote some time to trying someone else's patch. Only major thing that isn't going into v0.14 is mini-random bosses ... I'm finally happy with my Chaos Knight, the levels are nice, and some are getting really tricky now and I'm just in Chapter 2 so far. And lots of other stuff that I don't want to bore you with... :P

NeedsMoreNoise

May 06, 2008, 10:29:38 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
No offense at all, but I'd rather play a harder version than an easier one. I (like most people here) have played through it way too many times, so at this point, it's either WotG, my personal patch, the VK patch (though I'd probably want to tweak things), or nothing.

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 10:37:19 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
What gave you the idea that this is easy? :shock: Or did you just assume because it has Sword Skill Knight classes? Not to mention, it's not a requirement to use them to even play it, heh... *Shrug*

But it's cool. You've got the right to be picky about what you play. ^^

That actually reminds me! Thanks Noise, I forgot I wanted to add Heavenly & Chaos Knights to the enemy lists, like towards the end of Chapter 3 and During Chapter 4.

NeedsMoreNoise

May 06, 2008, 10:44:36 pm #12 Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:58:32 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Lydyn"That actually reminds me! Thanks Noise, I forgot I wanted to add Heavenly & Chaos Knights to the enemy lists, like towards the end of Chapter 3 and During Chapter 4.
That's a great idea.

Xifanie

May 06, 2008, 10:53:28 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You might want to make them immortal with the crazy job requirements you gave them. Else hello invitation and skill farming.

If I were you I'd try to promote your patch elsewhere since it seems everyone here is for hacking... people making self patches, sprite artists, coders, asm hackers... and me :/

I never taught about it but we REALLY don't nearly have anyone that uses 100% of his time just to play FFT.

Hell, beta testers are basically vital to beta test patches... which we don't really have, and what is normally way easier to find than the rest.

Lydyn

May 06, 2008, 10:58:02 pm #14 Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:15:49 pm by Lydyn
It's going to be a pain in the ass though, fighting them... well, I'll have to mess with the job levels too. I'm debating making the requirement for level 8 in jobs 9,999 so when you get around Chapter 4, you'll fight enemies with nearly full or full skillsets ... and just make the requirements for Heavenly & Chaos Knight's be 7 Squire & 7 Knight so you're not busting your behind to get them.

If I do that though and you fight level 8 Heavenly or Chaos Knights ... >.< I mean, it's hard enough as it is in my opinion, I'll have both of my raisers dead and nearly have one crystalize before winning and saying, "whew." That never happens to me in the original FFT anymore.

Immortal prevents invite, huh? I was just thinking of giving them immunity to invite. It's not like the enemy AI ever tries to invite you whether they have the skill or not. *Shrug*

Also, where in the world would I promote this? I'm waiting for v0.14 at least before doing so, but... I don't know any places.

Cheetah

May 06, 2008, 11:13:03 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
GameFAQS and RomHacking.net is a start. Then there are lots of FFT Fansites that you could give a shout out to.
Current Projects:

NeedsMoreNoise

May 07, 2008, 12:16:17 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Now that I think about it, if your patch got it's own forum section while ones such as v1.3 or "Final Fantasy Tactics Light" didn't, that wouldn't make any sense. :\

Lydyn

May 07, 2008, 12:21:39 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well, they haven't been up that long either - especially Final Fantasy Tactics Light (more in terms of traffic though while v1.3 is newer), that's why I was wondering. Though it was mostly to see if there were people playing it, it's got 6 pages and it's sort of getting cluttered. Though no one is right now, so I'm not going to ask for it ... I'll wait to see if and when it picks up traffic (and quite a bit) before officially requesting for a forum.

That's why I made this poll, to see if there was enough traffic or not. ^^

NeedsMoreNoise

May 07, 2008, 01:40:49 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
But the thing is, both the FFT Light and the v1.3 threads were made within only a month of yours.

If successful, "Light" would be a massive revamp of the game. Once rixim makes some progress, there's no doubting his thread would recieve a large amount of traffic. Hell, the v1.3 thread has only been up a week, and already has over 600 views.

If there were to be a section for every topic with 1000 views, don't you think that'd be a bit pointless? Just organize your thread however you want, and don't worry about a whole section. If you do it well enough, you won't need one.

Traverse

May 07, 2008, 01:44:18 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Traverse
Your patch is actually next on my list to try. Each time I check up on the Heavenly Chaos thread there's always a new, interesting change to be seen, but right now I'm on a slow beans immersive playthrough on 1.2 and working on my own non-patch FFT project (Ooo, MYSTERY!).

Definitely thumbs up from me on the possibility of the patch getting it's own forum.