• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Inquiry of Possibilities

Started by Vilu Daskar, May 03, 2008, 06:25:41 pm

Vilu Daskar

May 03, 2008, 06:25:41 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Hey there, everyone. I hope you're all doing well. This is my first post, and I admit it may be a bit elementary, so I hope I'm not mocked too badly for my inexperience.

I was wondering if the following things are possible:
1. Alphonse (my name for Ramza) being able to access the Sword Saint class (or at the least, being able to somehow have access to Orlandeau's "Swordplay" skillset)
2. Creating a Templar named Rictor (yes, I'm a Tactics Ogre geek) with Aliste's sprite and the "Priest Magicks" secondary skillset that the Celebrants use
3. Being able to somehow use Elmdor and change his name (I'd like to be able to turn it into "Orson"); I'd give him the Arts of War secondary skillset if possible, Shirahdori, Doublehand and Move +2
4. Being able to somehow use Cletienne and change his name to "Cirvante" with the secondary skillset of the Lucavi status-changing moves, Reflexes, Half MP and Teleport
5. Being able to give my Ninja, Shiven, the skillsets of Lettie/Celis

Again, I hope my questions aren't too elementary or attracts mockery. I hope you all have a nice day.

Lydyn

May 03, 2008, 06:36:25 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Most of this is easily possible with the FFT Patcher. The Sprites and Text editing is a bit of a different story ... and I hear text editing isn't great for the PSP. I'd help, but someone who messes with the PSP would probably be better able to help you. ^^

Vilu Daskar

May 03, 2008, 06:41:41 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Thank you for your kind words, Lydyn. I'm a huge fan of Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (one of those under-advertised but truly great RPGs) and I've wanted to put those characters in another of my favorite RPGs, FFT.

Vilu Daskar

May 03, 2008, 07:41:19 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Quote from: "Lydyn"Most of this is easily possible with the FFT Patcher. The Sprites and Text editing is a bit of a different story ... and I hear text editing isn't great for the PSP. I'd help, but someone who messes with the PSP would probably be better able to help you. ^^

That goes to another question I have. How, exactly, do I use this "FFT Patcher"?

Lydyn

May 03, 2008, 07:46:28 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
You've downloaded it I assume? If you click the title up above, "Final Fantasy Hacktics" it takes you to the website. Click downloads and FFT Patcher .... if you have downloaded it, it's all pretty user-friendly. It's actually user-friendly enough I'd have a hard time trying to describe how to use it, unless you have specific questions.

Vilu Daskar

May 03, 2008, 07:56:53 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Quote from: "Lydyn"You've downloaded it I assume? If you click the title up above, "Final Fantasy Hacktics" it takes you to the website. Click downloads and FFT Patcher .... if you have downloaded it, it's all pretty user-friendly. It's actually user-friendly enough I'd have a hard time trying to describe how to use it, unless you have specific questions.

I haven't yet, but I will now. I know my inquiry was a "Dee-dee-dee" kinda question.

Lydyn

May 03, 2008, 08:12:24 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
No problem. ^^ I just wasn't sure how to help you if you had downloaded it, that's all. It's such a general and broad question.

Kenshin72

May 03, 2008, 08:13:07 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kenshin72
I use the PSP version. Ask away and hopefully I can answer!

Vilu Daskar

May 03, 2008, 08:17:33 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Quote from: "Kenshin72"I use the PSP version. Ask away and hopefully I can answer!

Thankee. I was wondering if the following things are possible with the FFT Patcher:
1. Alphonse (my name for Ramza) being able to access the Sword Saint class (or at the least having access to Orlandeau's "Swordplay" skillset)
2. Creating a Templar named Rictor (yes, I'm a Tactics Ogre geek) with Aliste's sprite and the "Priest Magicks" secondary skillset that the Celebrants use
3. Being able to somehow use Elmdor's sprite and change his name to "Shaher"; I'd give him the Demon Magicks secondary skillset if possible, Shirahdori, Half MP and Move +2
4. Being able to somehow use Cletienne and change his name to "Cirvante" with the secondary skillset of the Lucavi status-changing moves, Reflexes, Half MP and Teleport

Lydyn

May 03, 2008, 08:26:33 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Lydyn"Most of this is easily possible with the FFT Patcher. The Sprites and Text editing is a bit of a different story ... and I hear text editing isn't great for the PSP. I'd help, but someone who messes with the PSP would probably be better able to help you. ^^

..... um ..... so, that answers that question for the second time. It'd be a lot better if you messed with the FFT Patcher for a bit and get a feel for it, then you can ask more specific questions on what you don't understand or get stuck on. ^^

Vilu Daskar

May 03, 2008, 08:31:23 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Quote from: "Lydyn"

..... um ..... so, that answers that question for the second time. It'd be a lot better if you messed with the FFT Patcher for a bit and get a feel for it, then you can ask more specific questions on what you don't understand or get stuck on. ^^

Well, sorry if I'm being exasperating. I'll just go fiddle about and see what I can do.

Kenshin72

May 03, 2008, 08:57:48 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kenshin72
The quick answer is YES.
But I will elaborate.

1. Alphonse (my name for Ramza) being able to access the Sword Saint class (or at the least having access to Orlandeau's "Swordplay" skillset)
Yes, you can use FFTpatcher to add all of his skills to Ramza's skillset. Or you can use LionEditor, to change Ramza's job to Sword Saint. But if you change jobs, you will have to use the Editor again to go back to sword saint.

Is templar a job in the game? Yeah, its possible but you have to do some editing in FFTpatcher to get him to join the team. Use LionEditor to add Celebrant skillset.

3. Being able to somehow use Elmdor's sprite and change his name to "Shaher"; I'd give him the Demon Magicks secondary skillset if possible, Shirahdori, Half MP and Move +2
Yes. Same as above.

Same as above.

Yes use LionEditor to do it or add the moves in their skillsets into the ninja set.

goldblade0

May 04, 2008, 02:10:43 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
I can forsee one small problem.  Elmdor is rather glitchey to use in the origional and I dont think they fixed it on the PSP version.  Big problem is that his Draw Out is unuseable unless in autobattle mode
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

Vilu Daskar

May 04, 2008, 10:17:54 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Quote from: "Kenshin72"The quick answer is YES.
But I will elaborate.

Yes, you can use FFTpatcher to add all of his skills to Ramza's skillset. Or you can use LionEditor, to change Ramza's job to Sword Saint. But if you change jobs, you will have to use the Editor again to go back to sword saint.

Is templar a job in the game? Yeah, its possible but you have to do some editing in FFTpatcher to get him to join the team. Use LionEditor to add Celebrant skillset.

Yes. Same as above.

Same as above.

Yes use LionEditor to do it or add the moves in their skillsets into the ninja set.

Ah. Thanks for that, and I apologize if I seemed like a brat in any earlier reply. Just one more question: If I turned Ramza's job to Sword Saint, would he get the appropriate stat growth?

Vilu Daskar

May 04, 2008, 10:20:49 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vilu Daskar
Quote from: "goldblade0"I can forsee one small problem.  Elmdor is rather glitchey to use in the origional and I dont think they fixed it on the PSP version.  Big problem is that his Draw Out is unuseable unless in autobattle mode

Ah. That's a shame. Guess I'll have to choose another character to represent the Fallen Angel/Sacred Demon, aside from Ultima.

Lydyn

May 04, 2008, 12:19:02 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
If you give Ramza the Sword Saint class, will his growth be the same? Depends on how you do it, really ... I've never messed with Lion editor, so I can't say there, but if you're doing it through the FFT Patcher, you'd have to change his Squire skillset (you couldn't switch it to All Swordskill or whatever it is in the PSP version, because it'd glitch, so you have to change his skillset directly) and copy all the stat growth from Sword Saint to his three Squire classes.