• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 03:08:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Controllable Guest character + reequip = game crash

Started by Tzepish, May 01, 2008, 01:35:36 am

Tzepish

May 01, 2008, 01:35:36 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tzepish
Crazy.  I put the "Control" flag on all the guest characters so I could control them, which is pretty fun... until you try to use "ReEquip" on a guest character who is not currently in your party.  I guess the game can't decide where to put the item, so it locks up, and then eventually your PSP shuts down.

Reequip works fine on guest characters who ARE currently in your party (on your formation screen).

Long story short:  if you have controllable guest characters in your patch, make sure they don't have Reequip equipped... either set ReEquip to 0%, or change all the Support slots on these characters (for example, Algus/Argath starts with "Random" for his support slot in the battle in the Mandalia Plains where you first get him...)

LastingDawn

May 08, 2008, 03:14:00 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I never had this problem... my controllable guests always brought up my inventory menu. Curiously enough though, their items were not included. The game is very clever, hehe. So it might be best to avoid giving them Re-Equip because odds are they will not be able to get back their own gear.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

HatterMadigan

February 10, 2009, 10:46:46 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Just choosing not to re-equip would be a sensible solution lol. But Tzepish, I would be a little pissed at the game if i actually did want to re-equip a guest during a battle, so thanx for the info :)