• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:21:20 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Weapon Master Skillset

Started by SentinalBlade, February 16, 2009, 05:43:29 pm

SentinalBlade

February 16, 2009, 05:43:29 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Alright guys, i locked the old one cause i have finalized the skillset mechanic, and to avoid confusion on what it will be.

Here i will ask you about what you think the skills need. I will also explain how it works.

The weaponmaster is an end game class, unless you spend hours job leveling like nuts, your not gonna get it easy. and even then, you cant use most of teh skills until chp 4.

The weaponmaster is something akin to a samurai. it takes the soul of a weapon and  brings it forth in unique ways to that weapon. They dont break, and there is only one of each in the game. you do not have to equip them to use the weapons. To further emulate teh amount of weapons, im using the firion sprite for the males, to give a visual... if you look at firons artwork, he has an ax, lance, bow, sword, shield...hes got alot of em...

Anyways, i will list the weapons and the effects for each one. I will nto however list the actual weapons stats taht is required to use it. they are really powerful weapons, but if you equip them, you cant use the skill(as it wont be in your inventory)

Spear - Line skill doing moderate damage on PA. range of 4
Axe - PA + X% chance to bring target down to 1 hp. vertical tolerance of 0. meaning if they arent on teh same hieght as you, you wont get to use it.
Bow -
Pole -
Sword -
Knight Sword -
Flail - AOE 1, Range 5, Random Damage on PA (like the new flail formula zodiac posted)
Knife -

These dont have to be strictly damage. they can inflict a status or cause a benificial status such as protect. Please try to keep it true to its name. no having sword do a range of 255 insta kill.

Skip Sandwich

February 16, 2009, 07:29:22 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Knight Sword: Range 1v1, area 1v1, does not hit caster, deals moderate physical damage to target and all adjacent.

Knife: Feint, attempt to set target CT 00, range 1v1, Speed+ X% accuracy

Bow: Spirit Arrow; sacrifice own hp to deal strong physical damage at range, range 5, work formula, unevadable

Sword: Set Golem on a single ally

Pole: Lifetree; sacrifice own hp to heal nearby allies (Wish with draw out range)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SentinalBlade

February 16, 2009, 07:37:58 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Excellent skip, i had no idea what would even be possible with a knife. thanks for those! :D

P.S. appearntly your featured in my sig now xD

Skip Sandwich

February 16, 2009, 07:40:52 pm #3 Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:55:49 pm by Skip Sandwich
well, it might have to be MA based and not speed based, but in any case, it should be more accurate then Persuade
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

SentinalBlade

February 16, 2009, 07:44:11 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Agreed, this is kinda endgame. so itl need to be more powerful to fit the persona. plus persuade was to low anyways xD ma or faith based, its fine. ill adjust the formula depending on what i find. any recomendedf values for the worker formula? the bloodmancer has several skills using the work formula, so its gotta be more powerful than that, but it also has to have a good amount of consequence.

Skip Sandwich

February 16, 2009, 07:58:02 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
well, my initial thoughts would be to set the backlash damage as about 1/2 to 1/3 of the raw attack damage, which would be PA * 20 at the very minimum
"Dave?  Are you there?"