• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:49 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Exodus; Public Alpha Patch 0.06

Started by SentinalBlade, December 28, 2008, 04:51:01 pm

FFMaster

March 26, 2009, 06:33:03 pm #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Quote from: "Smitson"If ASM hacks don't work on the psp, how does 1.3 work?

1) PSP 13027 is missing:
- ASM Phoenix Down 25% vs Undead
- ASM Defend 25% Damage Reduction
- ASM AI sees Transparent Units
- EVENT Vormav 1v1 Battle

In other words, most of the ASM hacks are not in the PSP version. Only 100% knockback and increased range bows I believe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Smitson

March 26, 2009, 07:32:52 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "FFMaster"
Quote from: "Smitson"If ASM hacks don't work on the psp, how does 1.3 work?

1) PSP 13027 is missing:
- ASM Phoenix Down 25% vs Undead
- ASM Defend 25% Damage Reduction
- ASM AI sees Transparent Units
- EVENT Vormav 1v1 Battle

In other words, most of the ASM hacks are not in the PSP version. Only 100% knockback and increased range bows I believe.

Yeah, but the PSX verison still works the PSP.

SilvasRuin

March 26, 2009, 07:39:02 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
That's still a PSX patch.  PSP patch would be a patch for WOTL specifically, which can't be ASM hacked I thought.  Playing the PSX version on the PSP is like playing it on an emulator.  It's still the PSX game.

Smitson

March 26, 2009, 07:58:33 pm #83 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:53:19 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"That's still a PSX patch.  PSP patch would be a patch for WOTL specifically, which can't be ASM hacked I thought.  Playing the PSX version on the PSP is like playing it on an emulator.  It's still the PSX game.

Yeah but it's the psp that doesn't read the ASM hacks.(or so im led to belive...)

SilvasRuin

March 26, 2009, 08:56:42 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Really?  The way I understood it is that ASM hacks change the game code, so if it can play a FFT ROM, it theoretically could read changes made through ASM hacking.

Tea

March 26, 2009, 09:48:49 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
Considering you just change some code, an ASM hacked eboot does work on psp. Obviously.

Smitson

March 26, 2009, 09:53:59 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
I tried this game on my psp, worked fine until the user takes an action, game crashed.

Oblivion

March 27, 2009, 11:49:04 am #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
I'm just gonna wait til Sentinal releases a WOTL version.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

SentinalBlade

March 28, 2009, 10:09:03 pm #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
PSP wont read the ASM hacks.

The psp emulator Dark Alex shoved in there was never really supported. it was an "Oh, cool, but ive got more important things to work on" kinda thing. he did it, updated it, and went on his business. Appearntly, his emulator is run a bit different, and certain games emulate differently then they do in the PC.

Until i find out what exactly is wrong, i dont see a psp version happening.

WOTL is even worse, cause you cant do ANY asm hacks. unless i want to spend 5 months recreating the steps razel did to make his defending innate hack.

The debugger/emulator is awful. Debugger is not meant for hacking right now, its meant for looking for fixes to play games. as of right now though, you cant even PLAY WOTL on it to even RUN the debugger..

5 years now, and its well behind nintendo's emulation curve. 1 year after the DS's release we had a nearly perfect emulator, and 2 years after its initial release we had flashcarts.

PSP is just a beast with a joystick, and its gonna be a very long while(most likely it will be released around the same time an xbox 360 is released, or even a ps3 being hacked like a psp)

Smitson

March 28, 2009, 10:12:52 pm #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Fucking Dark Alex, go work on your CFW bitch.

psp master

March 29, 2009, 06:52:26 am #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by psp master
Dark Alex rules!! This guy is better than Kanbabrif +DEB + Balbanes combo!! He truly doesnt afraid!!

Smitson

March 29, 2009, 01:37:47 pm #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "psp master"Dark Alex rules!! This guy is better than Kanbabrif +DEB + Balbanes combo!! He truly doesnt afraid!!

Yeah i'm using his CFW as well, but still, he's preventing me from playing this on the psp!

SentinalBlade

March 31, 2009, 11:21:58 pm #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
haha, as cool as Dark Alex is, he is more busy than i am, and then he is working on hacking the psp firmwares. He cant handle them all.

Short update;

Texts are 90% done. i have to go in and fix a status and Draw Out/Summon, as well as about 15 monster abilities.
Tithin's Character is nearly complete. figuring out how to remove the blocks on his special spell effect.
Chapter 3 Revised and reworked.
Chapter 1 Difficulty smoothed into hard, instead of spiking directly into it.
Celdia's Character started implementation
SuperJupi's Moves rebalanced
Several Items unglitched and shop inventories revamped.

I should have an update released Sunday. I have to go visit my dying grandma, and my laptop has like 1 hour of life max and cant be on while plugged in. So ill work when and as much as i can to get this to you guys. IF its not out sunday night, look for it monday afternoon.

Im going back to school Tuesday, so im going to work my absolute hardest and fastest to get as much done as i can before i become ultra busy.

Also on the PSP note; I was messing around and made one with minimal ASM hacks. that is one without endurance, everything else included. It works, in battle at least. My brother played it and started yelling at me cause he thought i put things where i shouldntve.

Truth is, during the convertion process, something happened. Catalysts(i.e. the items with katana icons) are now in the potions catagory and cant be equipped. the Lune Knight in mandalia had 40,000 HP, and Cats CONSTANTLY did 999 damage and had 78 PA, but in the patch, it had normal growths and a lower multipler. at level 4 it should have around 6-7. not 78.

I was looking around, and i think maybe OEA has a much better emulator, if that one has one at all(i cant remember which one i was looking at) if someone has time to try out that firmware, ill send you a special update to try out for me. I dont have my pandora battery right now, so i cant revert right now if i brick(my psp normally does when updating)

That is on the PSX Game played on the psp.

beawulfx

March 31, 2009, 11:40:44 pm #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
You are doing a hell of a job SB. School will be over in a couple weeks for me, as soon as I belt out a couple more papers and exams. By then you should have an update released that will make the patch even more fun! I'll definitely be starting over, and I'll see how it plays again from the get go. The text updates as I said before I think will be huge (does that include ability info?) and make the game much more streamlined for newcomers, ala me.

Good luck with everything in your life, school, etc, and make that first priority, but thanks from everyone for making such headway into a drastically different playthrough of the best game ever :)
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Smitson

March 31, 2009, 11:58:06 pm #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"haha, as cool as Dark Alex is, he is more busy than i am, and then he is working on hacking the psp firmwares. He cant handle them all.

Short update;

Texts are 90% done. i have to go in and fix a status and Draw Out/Summon, as well as about 15 monster abilities.
Tithin's Character is nearly complete. figuring out how to remove the blocks on his special spell effect.
Chapter 3 Revised and reworked.
Chapter 1 Difficulty smoothed into hard, instead of spiking directly into it.
Celdia's Character started implementation
SuperJupi's Moves rebalanced
Several Items unglitched and shop inventories revamped.

I should have an update released Sunday. I have to go visit my dying grandma, and my laptop has like 1 hour of life max and cant be on while plugged in. So ill work when and as much as i can to get this to you guys. IF its not out sunday night, look for it monday afternoon.

Im going back to school Tuesday, so im going to work my absolute hardest and fastest to get as much done as i can before i become ultra busy.

Also on the PSP note; I was messing around and made one with minimal ASM hacks. that is one without endurance, everything else included. It works, in battle at least. My brother played it and started yelling at me cause he thought i put things where i shouldntve.

Truth is, during the convertion process, something happened. Catalysts(i.e. the items with katana icons) are now in the potions catagory and cant be equipped. the Lune Knight in mandalia had 40,000 HP, and Cats CONSTANTLY did 999 damage and had 78 PA, but in the patch, it had normal growths and a lower multipler. at level 4 it should have around 6-7. not 78.

I was looking around, and i think maybe OEA has a much better emulator, if that one has one at all(i cant remember which one i was looking at) if someone has time to try out that firmware, ill send you a special update to try out for me. I dont have my pandora battery right now, so i cant revert right now if i brick(my psp normally does when updating)

That is on the PSX Game played on the psp.

What's that last part you were saying? If someone has time to try what out?

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 12:06:38 am #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Haha thanks Beawulfx, check out the appreaciation thread.

@Smitsmon; There is another firmware type out there, one called OEA(i believe) last i saw was it stopped production at 3.71, but i have no clue. It reads things differently than M33(dark alex's firmware), so it might be worth a shot.

Smitson

April 01, 2009, 01:21:26 am #96 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"Haha thanks Beawulfx, check out the appreaciation thread.

@Smitsmon; There is another firmware type out there, one called OEA(i believe) last i saw was it stopped production at 3.71, but i have no clue. It reads things differently than M33(dark alex's firmware), so it might be worth a shot.

If you give me a link i'll give it a shot for you. But how would I put it on my PSP?

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 02:33:40 am #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
same way as M33

youd need a pandora battery, so that you can reset yourself to 1.5 firmware and stuff and upgrade to OEA

I honestly dont know if the process is different, and google beckons my name right as my bed invites me into its warm sheets. Ill look when i get teh chance, but you might get an answer alot sooner if you look yourself, cause lord knows when ill get to it.

Smitson

April 01, 2009, 02:47:23 am #98 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"same way as M33

youd need a pandora battery, so that you can reset yourself to 1.5 firmware and stuff and upgrade to OEA

I honestly dont know if the process is different, and google beckons my name right as my bed invites me into its warm sheets. Ill look when i get teh chance, but you might get an answer alot sooner if you look yourself, cause lord knows when ill get to it.

Yeah i got a pandora and the latest CTW. I can probably figure it out, it's just the first time i did it (about a month ago)it just automatically updated :). Can I go from M33 to OEA? Or do you not know? But, regardless i'll do it for you.

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 03:06:49 am #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Thanks smitson, lets hope it works.

I honestly have no idea if you can go from m33 to OEA, but it doesnt seem likely, as m33 most likely has files in the flash(aka semi-memory) that OEA would not, and vice versa.