• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Exodus; Public Alpha Patch 0.06

Started by SentinalBlade, December 28, 2008, 04:51:01 pm

Smitson

March 23, 2009, 05:55:59 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "ehrgeiz20"
Quote from: "Smitson"
Quote from: "ehrgeiz20"I don't have the PSX version anymore... so I can't play it. I hope you do a WOTL patch.

You got a WOTL iso?

yeah

Mind Sharing it if its USA?

it's the european version. still want it?

Thanks but no thanks man. I'm looking for the USA so I can play multiplayer haha.

Oblivion

March 23, 2009, 06:15:41 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Quote from: "ehrgeiz20"I don't have the PSX version anymore... so I can't play it. I hope you do a WOTL patch.

You got a WOTL iso?

yeah

Thanks but no thanks man. I'm looking for the USA so I can play multiplayer haha.[/quote
the european version can do multiplayer
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

beawulfx

March 23, 2009, 07:16:29 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
I'm going to be starting up this patch since I've slowed down on 1.3 near the end. I've been reading religously since signing up for the boards and I am very excited about your patch, it seems amazing and I can't wait to get into it, but I was too obsessed with 1.3 til now to start :)
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

SentinalBlade

March 23, 2009, 09:12:33 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Goblins are a bit tougher now with Counter Drain.

I am extremely excited to hear this is still getting such great feedback.

Hopefully, now that my 18th birthday is over with and things can cool down i will have a new patch out by thursday. I have tons of new effect files im trying to get perfected, and Tithin(replacing mustadio) is nearly completed.

The majority of the bugs will/have been fixed, other then teh text ones at least, those are due to Melon's patcher. Althought text descriptions for the abilities and 70% of the items(i got clothes and accessories left) are done.

Dorter is where it starts getting rough. Reseting a few times at sand rat cellar made me rethink a few strategies.

All i need right now in terms of balancings are jp costs, if you notice something is oddly hard to obtain for its worth let me know.

beawulfx

March 23, 2009, 10:02:17 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Yeah I thought I saw drain happening on that counter, but I wasn't sure! As for odd JP costs, only a few jobs open but I noticed BloodMancers' have Counter Tackle for 800 jp, not sure if it's really counter tackle or something else though, heh. Also Chemists have "Is ****, OK?" as there movement ability, but that's one someone probably noticed. I'll certainly post anything else I notice as I go along. A new patch with text descriptions would be amazing too to make things way easier!

Also, my first experience with event skipper, it's wonderful. Thanks to VC for that one :)

EDIT: I just got through Dorter, actually found it very easy. I just went in at level 3-4 to check the enemy out, and decided to go for it. My elementalist w/Gaurd was a beast, elemental is insanely powerful early on. Fun stuff, the stupid guests killed the last enemy before I could collect crystals though... so I might go back and do it again, heh. Blood Spill helped to render their elementalists useless as well.  Heal Shot is cool, I like the amplifiers double attacks (but why does the second punch hurt more? Maybe its not being affected by the endurance thing?), and SpellBlades have some serious power as well.

Good stuff, I'm off for the night!
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

SentinalBlade

March 24, 2009, 02:12:47 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Lol normally the ballista paralyzes the spellblade and he goes down without any trouble...its almost like he is there just to waste enemy MP :P

BloodMancer's Counter Tackle is Counter Drain.

Guards are an excellent boon, arent they? =)

The second attack is actualy using the geomancers formula, and is not affected by Endurance.

The move find item is a bug that replaces some text in its name with an ability in your secondary skillset(i think thats teh skillset)

beawulfx

March 24, 2009, 01:20:41 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Yeah he really helped in that department :P

Thanks for the clarification on all those points SB, I'll be trying out Sand Rat Cellar soon enough. It's so odd trying to decide what abilities to learn when I have no idea what they do. I figured Blood Spill sounded good for instance, and was quite surprised it was MP depletion, but it actually helped me out in Dorter. So far the only new abilities I have are Blood Spill/Heal Shot and some elemental skills.

I was also wondering when the patch ends or how it ends? It's just chapter 1 right, but then what happens after Zeakden? I just wanna make sure I have a save file able to run around and train to learn some abilities and try them out after the actual story battles of the patch are over.

Thanks for the answers again SB!

EDIT: Well I made it through Sand Rat Cellar first try! Elemental was great, items were key, really I made it through because the enemy ran out of MP very quickly with Brite/Invigorate, and thus had little power to take me down. I collected some crystals. The elemental rods must cast their spell every time right, because they seemed too! Caused some damage for sure.  Quicksilver was also useful, and Thunderous Rythm is just cool, heh.

Now I have a real team developing as my Chemist got Cure 1-3, and Fire/Water so I have a PainBreaker/Elemental, an Elementalist/Pain Weld, Ballista/Item, Amplifier/Item, and BloodMancer/Control. Still having a blast too I might add.

Smitson

March 24, 2009, 05:01:09 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson

You got a WOTL iso?

yeah

Thanks but no thanks man. I'm looking for the USA so I can play multiplayer haha.[/quote
the european version can do multiplayer

Yeah but I don't know anyone with a EURO version of the game.
Oh, and Sentinal where does the patch end?

FFMaster

March 24, 2009, 05:15:04 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Once you release a new version, I will finally tackle Dorter.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

SentinalBlade

March 24, 2009, 11:40:36 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Right now it goes to mid chapter 3. The only boss fight not correctly configured is Queaklin. Feel free to test randoms out. mandalia got a few surprises~

KK FFM, ill be sure to speed myself up.

*induces Hyperspeed*

Smitson

March 24, 2009, 11:57:07 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
I'm going to start playing this over springbreak, i've just been a little busy trying to beat freaking Izlude in 1.3  :evil:.

SentinalBlade

March 25, 2009, 12:03:24 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
lol, 1.3 and SoR are totally different games, as much as they are alike in terms of difficulty/randomness of having a reset, and the next a boss doesnt know that ability.

If you get frustrated with 1.3, taking a break from it to play SoR will only give you a bit of relief before the frustration starts.

Problem with SoR is that it is as difficult(if not more sometimes due to random ability learning) 1.3, but there really is little curve. it is a new system, that throws you into an initially hard game.

and im sorry if little of this makes sense. i havnt slept in 3 days. Sleep Studies are awful :/.

Smitson

March 25, 2009, 12:53:29 am #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"lol, 1.3 and SoR are totally different games, as much as they are alike in terms of difficulty/randomness of having a reset, and the next a boss doesnt know that ability.

If you get frustrated with 1.3, taking a break from it to play SoR will only give you a bit of relief before the frustration starts.

Problem with SoR is that it is as difficult(if not more sometimes due to random ability learning) 1.3, but there really is little curve. it is a new system, that throws you into an initially hard game.

and im sorry if little of this makes sense. i havnt slept in 3 days. Sleep Studies are awful :/.

Nah i'm taking a break from 1.3 just to try this out haha. That actually did make sense as confusing as it is. Sleep studies? You having troubles sleeping? Oh and one more question, do you intend to make a PSP patch?

SentinalBlade

March 25, 2009, 01:35:14 am #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I do intend on a PSP version. The problem with the PSP is that it wont accept ASM hacks, making all the gameplay balanced around the Endurance hack, utterly unbalanced. As soon as this issue is resolved though, i will post something.

I have been doing a bit of research in older firmwares for running the PSX Eboot on the PSP, using POPSloader. 3.71 through 5.00 m33-2 do not work. though some work better and for longer then others. Endurance still causes all of them to freeze. I have a feeling somewhere around 2.1 will be the mark we are looking for... if this works at all.

And i sleep 19 hours a day somedays, and i can sleep always...whenver i want, even if im not tired(which is rare that im not), but no matter how much i sleep, or how regular my schedule is, im always tired.

My thyroid is now out of my throat, so its no longer a suspect.

Oblivion

March 25, 2009, 01:55:54 am #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"I do intend on a PSP version. The problem with the PSP is that it wont accept ASM hacks, making all the gameplay balanced around the Endurance hack, utterly unbalanced. As soon as this issue is resolved though, i will post something.

I have been doing a bit of research in older firmwares for running the PSX Eboot on the PSP, using POPSloader. 3.71 through 5.00 m33-2 do not work. though some work better and for longer then others. Endurance still causes all of them to freeze. I have a feeling somewhere around 2.1 will be the mark we are looking for... if this works at all.

And i sleep 19 hours a day somedays, and i can sleep always...whenver i want, even if im not tired(which is rare that im not), but no matter how much i sleep, or how regular my schedule is, im always tired.

My thyroid is now out of my throat, so its no longer a suspect.

Cool. Can't wait.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

beawulfx

March 25, 2009, 03:03:18 am #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
I ran into a Lune Knight at Mandalia that raped my level 4 face with Holy Explosions... yeesh. School looks daunting til the end of the semester (two more weeks!) so my gaming time will be lessened considerably unfortunately. Very happy the patch goes that far! I thought it only went to chapter 1 for some reason, that's exciting and I look forward to furthering my progress and checking out all these new abilities/battles.

Aquilae

March 25, 2009, 04:35:08 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
I just played through chapter 1 of the patch, my highest level was only 4 (my elementalist).

Elementalists seem quite broken in SoR, my elementalist could easily do upwards of 100 damage with a Katana and the 'Earth' spell. The other classes at my level could not do as much damage as Elementalists could.
:gay:

SentinalBlade

March 25, 2009, 11:08:33 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
The elementalist doesnt scale as well. near the end of chapter 3 they drop in damage due to the loss of their "teirs" that the black mage had. You ahve to play with enemy elemental weaknesses, which shortly, many items will include.

sorry to here that baewulfx. I might be returning to school next week, so i can walk teh graduation isle.

Smitson

March 26, 2009, 03:31:22 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
If ASM hacks don't work on the psp, how does 1.3 work?

SentinalBlade

March 26, 2009, 06:26:59 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
1.3 PSP does not include ASM hacks.

only 1.3 PSX does.

SOME ASM hacks work on the psx converted to PSP, but endurance does not.