• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Two Formula Problems

Started by Lydyn, November 25, 2008, 07:06:40 pm

Lydyn

November 25, 2008, 07:06:40 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn

Okay, this one (Painful Cry) fires off pretty much perfectly until it affects the enemies. While the graphic fires off, it doesn't do any damage what-so-ever. I'm a bit confused on this and why it does it.

Bolt Charge actually has the same problem, it does absolutely 000 damage, but it hits and fires off just fine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Both of these are in known glitch-free skillsets (Sing & Talk Skill), though I've changed both to <Monster> in the action menu. I've done this with basic skill, battle skill, etc. and they all work just fine.

Any ideas?

The Damned

November 25, 2008, 07:16:42 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Umm...the first formula doesn't allow for damage as far as I know, only status (well, if that NS thing is to not be believed).

The second formula just has the wrong variable checked off since X doesn't do anything and Y is currently equal to 0, hence no damage.

(P.S. Remember to bug me about Shuushin on Thursday.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

November 25, 2008, 07:18:32 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Haha, wow. I swear it's so easy to make little mistakes like that when making entirely new skills. The formula on Painful Cry though was the one taken from Witch Hunt (does HP damage), so I'm confused why it would work. =(

The Damned

November 25, 2008, 07:26:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Umm...Witch Hunt does MP damage, actually. Wiznaibus/With Knives is the one that does HP damage.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I haven't yet got around to messing with any of Dance moves in my patch, and once I do, I don't think of them are going to be doing damage except for one.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

November 25, 2008, 08:20:19 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
the formula for damaging dances is that one that reads (PA * Br)/100  * MA, AFAIK, there's a hidden byte or varible or something in the wiznabus slot that causes it to use that even though in the pathcer it is set to use another formula
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com