• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:16:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Changing weapon damage formulas

Started by CloudsOverFF, February 26, 2021, 07:34:56 am

CloudsOverFF

I tried modifying weapon damage formulas using xml generator/fftorgasm. Mostly I changed the dagger to have pa*wp, and tried to make guns SP*WP. I entered in the appropriate name, location, and offset into xml, then copy/pasted the hex lines. Ever since loading that patch though, anytime someone tries to take an action in combat, the game freezes. I've also made a pre-raw stats edit in the same way, and that one worked just fine. The only things I can think of are that for the guns, i entered 38*WP as the new formula instead of SP*WP since it said the value for the SP stat was 38. Not sure if this is the problem, or if it's that i copy pasted the entire line of hex from the first to the last one before the xml excel document showed a different location, whereas with the raw stats edit, I only copied the hex associated with the lines stats that i changed. I THAT is the problem, then my question would be, How do I know which hex lines correspond to which edits?? There is 0 indication as to what goes with what. With the stats edit, I literally just counted it out by using context because, again, there was no way to identify which hex lines correspond to which edits. I'm 100% new to making these kinds of changes. I've only ever modded games with easy tools. Would love some help