• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:25:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

SCHOLAR FEMALE SPRITE

Started by davidbas, July 03, 2020, 07:20:22 am

davidbas

Hi all, I'm new here. :). Ive been re-playing ff tactics during these quarantine, and somehow ended up in this website.
I was excited when i found out that we can customized the job sprite, and here what i had experimenting for a week. share with you all my first customized sprite, Scholar female version (I desperately looking for the female version but can't find in the end, so i made one)
Basic sprite is Penelo by Yuna, and scholar sprite by JimmyJW88.

Open for input for improvement guys.

• Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Woah, for a first sprite this is really awesome!! Great work!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Nyzer

Your portrait definitely should not be the right colors at the same time as the sprite is, though. Did you set all the palettes correctly?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

davidbas

Hi. thanks for pointing it out. tbh i still struggling with color palette things. Sometimes its mixed up between the portrait's and sprite's.
But here ive tried to update.

Nyzer

Yeah, you've got 30 colors displayed at once in the image, which will absolutely screw it up in game. You can only have 16 colors displayed on the image at any time, meaning the portrait must look screwy in the raw image file, because it doesn't show the right colors until it's set to the ninth palette. Shishi shows the portrait section with +8 palettes automatically, but the .bmp file should not. Extract any other vanilla sprite from the game and you'll see what I mean about the portrait not looking correct.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

davidbas

Hi guys, i would appreciate if anyone could help me to explain about this color table things, why the black background color is not automatically placed at the first color list when i switch from RGB mode to Indexed color mode. How to fix this? Im using photoshop. thanks in advance

Tony75

If you post the bmp of that character I ll mess around with it to see if I can figure it out .
  • Modding version: WotL