• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:19:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Need help with LionEdit (PSP) and FFTAEdit (pSX) to edit saves from both games

Started by Punkioinapit713, March 15, 2020, 10:59:35 pm

Punkioinapit713

Able to get it partially working I load a save and am able to mess around with it and get it to where I want it to work... But then when I try to use it. Its either not showing up or a corrupt file...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci
  • Discord username: Punkioinapit713

Punkioinapit713

Also, I'd like to get stuff like these to videos show. Being able to have a powerful job or two working on characters I can edit the names of and use on that first second fight of the first chapter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-YaSxgYzk&t=153s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhh6Cr-a1Bc&t=144s
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

Check out the tools for FFTPatcher and Tactext.

No idea how user friendly the save editors are but those are very friendly.

That said, you might have to lower your expectations. I would have expected the save editing/importing issues to have been worked through long before now. I really don't have a clue what the problem is there, but to be brutally honest, there may simply be a chance that you yourself are not computer literate enough to manage this sort of thing. And that's not something I'm really willing to spoon feed someone through when I don't even know, and can't even see, what they are and aren't doing in the first place.

Hopefully that isn't the case.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Punkioinapit713

Found something out. Those "Save Files" are just save data not a game save. Looks like that is why it shows up in the data files yet doesn't show up as a save... Don't know what I can do with that to be honest. And yes, it seems I'm no that bright in the first place and my computer skills are laughable at best. Yet, I don't want to give up. I want to learn. May take me awhile. So I'll take a look at those posts. Thank you for your help and understanding.

-Leonardo da Vinci