• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Exodus; Public Alpha Patch 0.06

Started by SentinalBlade, December 28, 2008, 04:51:01 pm

SentinalBlade

December 28, 2008, 04:51:01 pm Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:57:04 pm by SentinalBlade
Thanks everyone for all your support <3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version .06 Update

Im tired, and sick(sinus Infections suck)

I got fed up with my wraith problem. the sprite is not included. in fact instead of a sprite, all you will see is a shadow where this monster is supposed to be. shishi did not take kindly to this sprite, and now it will not show. Ill have that fixed by this weekend.

As of now, most of this is untested, the new battles, monster and item changes. but then again, thats why this is alpha, not beta. Major things need to be implemented and tested. Beta is for the near-finished product being proofed for bugs.

For the love of god, if something is wrong or an effect looks odd, tell me.

All things included/not included are in seperate topics.

Im off to bed. 4 hours of frustration and ISO reconstruction and backup failure has worn me out and pissed me off.

Remember. nearly everything is untested. if its not in the other topics, please post.
Some things i wnat you to take note of are abilities that effect multiple targets, but only show an effect on one target. i need to set these a bit differently, but i cant find ALL of them quickly. id appreaciate the help guys :)

Also, i fell in love with VC's Event Skipper. it makes the game go shitloads faster. i took the liberty of releasing it in a seperate PPF, for those who dont like to go through all teh chapter 1 events while testing a new patch.

karsten

December 29, 2008, 04:09:16 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
is there a short list of what has been done? i have no time to check around all trhe topics :P

SentinalBlade

January 19, 2009, 05:20:12 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Updated to V.02 :D

Changes are posted in the change log thread.

Goomba

January 19, 2009, 06:22:49 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
I don't mean to sound like a total noob, but am I just not seeing the download link or is this mod still in development?

SentinalBlade

January 19, 2009, 07:34:40 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
My Net Went Down while uploading >.< sorry about that

philsov

January 22, 2009, 07:16:45 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
opening battle:

trying to get myself versed in the mechanics, but I'm just confused as to how Gaf can do 47 damage with 7 WP and 6 PA. It was a stomp fest, and I'm still trying to figure out was deconstruct does :3.

Gariland:

It was nice to see the opening generics with some skills under their belt already.  Still getting driven crazy by the new damage formula, though!  Otherwise, it was a pretty basic fight.  Braver is a nice touch for ramza.  

Drew the battle out to ensure I got GJU for Ramza, too.  I killed Delita along the way.

I went shopping and some of that dialogue is messed up, especially with the fitting room.   The bar rumors trail off at the end of the second line.  And the soldier office text is a bit messed up, too O.o.

The Alchemist job apparently is unable to equip swords.  I don't know if this is designed or not, but once I slapped on GJU the game auto-unequipped that weapon for him.

At a glimpse the Bloodmancer class looks pretty badass, I can't wait to get enough JP to play with everything it offers.  I made my first weapons master one of those.  Also changed one of my chemists into an elementalist.

Onto letting Algus die.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

goldblade0

January 22, 2009, 07:56:57 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
There seems to be 2 Ice abilities in the Elementist Job
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

VincentCraven

January 22, 2009, 08:48:50 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I've been busy with schoolwork, so I haven't had a chance to play-test SoR much.

But, since you haven't gotten the event portion done, is it okay if I replace the TEST.EVT with a file that just skips events?

I just don't like clicking through the old events.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

SentinalBlade

January 22, 2009, 09:01:16 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
be my guest VC :)

philsov

January 24, 2009, 02:27:08 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Mandalia:  So when I saw the amplifier thief use Magic Up four times in a row thanks to its 4 CTR, I was very happy that it wasn't, say, speed up or attack up.  

Pretty easy fight, Algus one-shot a guy on his way out, and then everything else was pretty much two-shot.  

Sweegy was also a breeze.  The Catalyst skills seem a bit... broken.  4 CTR speed up at what appears to be greater than 50% chance?  Its sick, especially this early one with the low sp values.

philsov

January 24, 2009, 02:34:15 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
and then at dorter the ballista one-shot ramza thanks to a mythril gun.

I reset it because he then went on to one-shot my bloodmancer while the other ballista killed the revived ramza, and I just didn't have the revive power after that to deal any sort of damage.

Rakiston

January 24, 2009, 03:40:57 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rakiston
That ballista is deadly.

I managed to win that fight because one of the elementalists targeted my Delita who then proceeded to move in between two of the enemy ballistas.  The spell one-shotted all three of them :)    The rest of the battle wasn't too hard to clean up after that.

philsov

January 25, 2009, 09:55:45 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
OK, Dorter down.  I set up ramza at the formation screen to be below in Character list so someone can PD him and he'd get an action without a counter tick.  I had him setup to Speed Up, and after 4 acts of that in the first round, things did get easier.  Both the elementalists and that gun ballista were capable of one-shotting most of my team, so after much frustration I just turtled behind the chimney and let speed up go for a round or two, then did a complete blitz of the place.

The enemy spell blade with catalyst seemed to favor Magic Up (only further ensuing the elementalist one-shots) over killing one of my guys with an easy shot.  With the lower song CTR it does seem more effective on the AI than previously, but its still a bit wonky.  

One of the elementalists cast... Fire4 on my people.  It was a 3-effect spell with I think the water ball graphic and a cast time faster than your basic fire spell.  There's just a name or effect bug there.

And that guest spell blade didn't join up after the fight.  :'(

The guard katana has 3 wp?  How lame.

philsov

January 25, 2009, 10:40:36 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
At Sand ra-a-a-a-a-a-a-t cellar, the knight-priests in the event swap back and forth between sprites.  Its rather funny to watch.

Anyways, a rather long battle thanks to the 100+ HP painbreakers with regen, but again I had two catalysts going speed and attack up while I made the approach.  In this time my female catalyst managed to get to 12 sp and 9 pa, and was doing 100 damage a swing at neutral compat, or 200 damage total.  It was rapage.  

Still too busy gaining JP in some classes to give any sort of real feel -- Bloodmancer's ability list is huge and heavy, and I just made Ramza a spellblade so I'm trying to gain up some JP there.  I did however manage to get Auto-Potion on a chemist of mine, and she'll be training as a pain breaker once I get here a few more catalyst spells.

SentinalBlade

January 25, 2009, 06:11:30 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Katana's are now  "amplifiers" they boost stats for mages, to give them another option instead of attacking. they usually give some HP. But they dissallow attacking.

Thanks for this Philsov, im making many changes based on your feeback, i appreaciate your attempts :)

VincentCraven

January 30, 2009, 05:39:15 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I agree with philsov that the Amplifier skills execute far too often or are too accurate.

The only downside to that really is that any unit who uses amplifier skills often will be a higher level rather quickly, and may cause enemy units to be too powerful.

I got stuck at Dorter due to the Mythril Gun dude, and an inadequate party.  May be able to progress later.

SentinalBlade

January 30, 2009, 05:40:54 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I believe i meant that to be a romanda...lol, do you think that would make much of a difference?

Also, i sucked the amplifier back down to its v.01 strength, except withotu the possibility of doing 5 hits with one attack

VincentCraven

January 30, 2009, 09:12:23 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I just meant the +Sp/+PA/+MA skills.  Maybe I haven't learned enough of their skills to know what you mean by 5 hits in one attack.

If the units get much faster as the game progresses, you may just want to give the JP cost on the amplifier class and/or those skills more JP cost so that we don't have units with access to one of those three right from Mandalia Plains.

I don't know what you did with the weapon formula for guns, but that 8WP gun was doing 80-100 damage.  Not getting 1HKO might help, but then again once I figure out how to optimize the different skills, the battle will probably be easy.  I just don't know whether to have high faith or high brave atm.

If the Romanda Gun does less than 80 damage on average, then it would make a difference, though not much I tell you.  As far as FFT vets go, I'm pretty bad at FFT.

SentinalBlade

January 30, 2009, 10:45:21 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
It is more than likely fury that increased damage like that

there was a bug that would allow the amplifier to RAPE. he has dualwield with bare hands. Tack the martial arts damage formula to the Fury bonus, your doing 128 points of damage at mandalia plains. the real problem was that amplifiers would physically attack 5 times for no reason...i still do not really know why it stopped xD

philsov

January 30, 2009, 11:19:45 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Thieves Fort:

Miluda caught some attack up songs and managed to one-shot two people at the same time with lightning stab.  Mind, it made her out of mana, but it also meant no crystal farming for me.  Plus the male amplifiers were dealing some hefty damage, though I did return the favor.

- Is the bloodmancers low MP and inability to equip robes while having a high-mp cost skillset a design feature?  

- My level 3 bloodmancer unlocked the "        " class.  It's very much like the geomancer (sprite and equip options, from what I see) except each skill name is status.  Which rather makes sense with the "counter status" reaction, but I'll need some more jp to figure this one out.

- My elementalist got level 3.  At a glance the shaman class looks pretty weak.  It's a low-level chemist with the haste spell.  Course, haste is awesome enough to warrant likely taking the skillset, but we'll see.

Are Br changes permanent a la vanilla?  Contemplating getting the Br up catalyst or the Roar thing from spell blade.