• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Modding

Started by Prophet, April 20, 2021, 07:24:03 pm

Prophet

Hello,

So I am extremely new to this forum, but I have a pretty ambitious goal that I am going to try to achieve on my own as much as possible and I'll try not to be a bother. In a nutshell I basically just want to create a small set of quests inside of FFTA2 that playout a storyline I am writing. I'm assuming for this I'll need:

1. A map editing tool

2. An event editing tool

3. A quest editing tool

I already have a Job and ability editor but I have no idea how to use them so if anyone would be interested in screwing around with this stuff with me or teaching me literally anything lmk it would be appreciated. I have some experience with C++ and an alright understanding of it. =D hope everyone reading this has a good day ~
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
~ |.|.| ~ P.rophet ~ |.|.| ~
  • Discord username: willyboil#9582

Nyzer

I'm not sure any of those exist for FFTA2.

Prophet

Right fair enough. I found a few of those things. I have been screwing around with it and making some progress! I'll let you guys know if i get any further.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Prophet on April 21, 2021, 02:39:09 amRight fair enough. I found a few of those things.

Interesting what tools did you find besides the Job and ability editor?
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Prophet

Update: I found what I thought I could use as a map editor but actually was just not usable. but I've been scouring this forum for resources and I have found a few things you posted (Thanks so much for the work you've put in!)namely the Job, Ability, and text editors, and I found an Nds Patcher that seems to have something to do with creating your own .xdelta files but to be honest I am very lost, however I have already figured out alot more than I knew before I started. 

Prophet

April 23, 2021, 02:29:16 pm #5 Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 06:28:00 pm by Prophet
Uptade:

So I found this file and I can't figure where it came or which one of my FFTA2 roms it came from. But Opening it with Libre Office puts it into a spreadsheet form that seems to allow me to edit the data saved in Hexadecimal. I have been experimenting with it to no avail. Anyone have any advice?

Update: I downloaded a Hex editor and ran a FFTA2 Rom in it and I can edit it there directly but obviously its all just in Hex. I have no Idea what I'm doing yet but Ill keep updating the more progress I make.

Prophet

Update:

So I'm learning how to use a Hex editor and I figured out how to get my Nightmare modules to work! Things are looking up. =D

Prophet

Update:

Ok so right now I have figured out that all I really need to learn how to do is add new blank quests to the game and edit them with the text editor that you guys created and all the other stuff is pretty simple. I have realized that trying to create a map editing tool is way above my pay grade so I'll just need to use vanilla maps. If anyone has any resources where I could learn a bit more about hacking, any links or advice would be much appreciated. other than that though I've just been having a blast trying to learn as much as I can! =D