• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:53:00 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Tutorial Tools

Started by AriusScorpius, December 24, 2020, 04:07:44 pm

AriusScorpius

Hey guys! So, lately I've been delving into learning Unreal Engine and am interested in game development and such. However, I also would like to get into modding. I'm a pretty dedicated individual and I have plenty of self discipline and motivation, however, I was curious if any of the modding veterans around this site had a list of the most up to date modding tools used for FFT (both PSX and PSP are fine, I'd like to get my hands dirty with both eventually) and also a list of information/tutorials on how to use said tools. I've been watching this site for years and played most of the mods at least once. Jot5 and Celida's are a couple of my favorites (Thanks guys! Your work is part of what's motivating me to make this post!) and I'd like to eventually make something like that of my own. So, if there's any way any of you guys could point me in the right direction, I'm pretty eager to start learning and potentially helping or making my own mod in the near future. Thanks in advance!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: AriusScorpius on December 24, 2020, 04:07:44 pmHey guys! So, lately I've been delving into learning Unreal Engine and am interested in game development and such. However, I also would like to get into modding. I'm a pretty dedicated individual and I have plenty of self discipline and motivation, however, I was curious if any of the modding veterans around this site had a list of the most up to date modding tools used for FFT (both PSX and PSP are fine, I'd like to get my hands dirty with both eventually) and also a list of information/tutorials on how to use said tools. I've been watching this site for years and played most of the mods at least once. Jot5 and Celida's are a couple of my favorites (Thanks guys! Your work is part of what's motivating me to make this post!) and I'd like to eventually make something like that of my own. So, if there's any way any of you guys could point me in the right direction, I'm pretty eager to start learning and potentially helping or making my own mod in the near future. Thanks in advance!

Hey man. Most graphic stuff doesnt require anything aside from shishi these days, as glain added support for EVTCHR frames, Effects and Unit/WLDFACE.bin within shishi. So youd want the latest FFTP from the FFTP thread for pretty much anything to do with graphics or balance.

For events youll need the wiki and notepad at a minimum as well as the compiler/decompiler. The latter are both included in EVSP 2.0 and 2.1 so either works there.

For worldmap and conditions there is a sheet that isnt yet public but if you are okay with hex code then the old aheets for worldmap and attack.out conditions are still fine and if you know what you are doing, can be done faster that way anyway.

For scenarios and event order we have 2 different attack.out editors. Both work fine but the newest is Attack.out editor special awesome by Raven.

Hope this helps. Join discord if you havent already :)
  • Modding version: PSX