• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:25:58 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT WoTL Custom Mod

Started by Foreclosure, July 15, 2020, 09:04:06 am

Foreclosure

July 15, 2020, 09:04:06 am Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:19:59 pm by Foreclosure
:wark: Just a little mod to make things fun. Enjoy.

Changes in level up system

If you level up as an archer, your speed will go up very faster than if you level up as, say, a knight. A monk gains speed faster than a knight, but slower than an archer or a thief. those are the kind of changes I made. I think it allows for a little more customization. Now you can make a knight/mage and it can actually be something useful. The Mime and Onion Knight have the highest growth rate of the game. I am working on a table to
summarize these class/stats changes. I saw this idea on this forum somewhere, and it actually took me a lot of testing and replaying the game to get the balancing right here. I can't remember how many times I got crushed by AI at later levels because of enemy ninjas who had, like, 5 times the speed of my characters and could act as if there were no tomorrow  :lol: It was really hard and time-consuming but I think I'm on the right path. All physical classes now have innate abilities as follow:

Monk = Brawler
Thief = Treasure Hunting
Geomancer = Lavawalking/Waterwalking
Dragoon = Ignore Elevation
Samurai = Doublehand
Ninja = Dual Wield

And here is a quick info about unit's stat growth (take into account everyone has 100 multiplier for all stats)

Knights: 8 HP Gr, 20 MP Gr, 20 Spd Gr, 20 PA Gr, 50 MA Gr (seems a little nerfed, but is the only class that can use shields and knight swords. Also best HP growth. even among special characters Except for Orlandeau ofc.)
Archers: 11 HP, 15 MP, 30 Spd, 30 PA, 50 MA
Monk: 10 HP, 13 MP, 35 Spd, 25 PA, 45 MA (can now equip hats, robes and poles, but lifefont no longer learnable)
White Mage: 12 HP, 8 MP, 36 Spd, 45 PA, 20 MA (Lifefont learnable)
Black Mage: 14 HP, 7 MP,36 Spd, 60 PA, 15 MA (Now has Manafont Mov learnable)
Time Mage:  13 HP, 8 MP, 36 Spd, 60 PA, 15 MA
Summoner: 15 HP, 6 MP, 36 Spd, 60 PA, 15 MA
Thief: 11 HP, 16 MP, 30 Spd, 30 PA, 50 MA
Orator: 11 HP, 11 MP, 36 Spd, 45 PA, 20 MA (all abilities are MA based, so.... now has Tame innate also And I still feel it is nerfed.)
Mystic: 13 HP, 9 MP, 36 Spd, 45 PA, 20 MA
Geomancer: 10 HP, 11 MP, 40 Spd, 30 PA, 30 MA (can now use Flails)
Dragoon: 9 HP, 15 MP, 40 Spd, 20 PA, 50 MA
Samurai: 10 HP, 14 MP, 45 Spd, 20 PA, 35 MA
Ninja: 12 HP, 16 MP, 28 Spd, 30 PA, 50 MA (can no longer use Flails)
Arithmetician: 14 HP, 8 MP, 36 Spd, 60 PA, 20 MA
Bard: 20 HP, 10 MP, 35 Spd, 50 PA, 25 MA (can equip robes)
Dancer: 20 HP, 10 MP, 35 Spd, 40 PA, 45 MA (evasion now 20%, mov 4/4, can equip robes)
Mime: 6 HP, 30 MP, 30 Spd, 30 PA, 30 MA

All classes now have JP Boost innate. JP Boost no longer exists as an ability. It was replaced with Accrue JP. Knights don't get an extra innate.
They already can use Knight Swords and got the highest HP growth except for Cid so they are good as they are. JP cost reduced for all skills. not much tho, I find the original balancing for JP cost quite good.

Gear
slightly modified some weapon classes as follow:

Remade all the attack value table for all weapons, so it won't hit as hard as before. No more 1 hitting people with crushing blow. It will now require a few weapon blows to finish the opponent off since weapons were really nerfed here. It was made so that magic can now be a little more stronger and useful.

Poles are now forced 2-hand. Knight Swords and Katana can no longer be dual wielded. Knives will add +1 Speed.

Materia Blade is now a little stronger. Cloud comes equipped with it and you can no longer find more of them at Berveria Volcano. Was renamed to Buster Sword. Cannot be dual wielded.

No more permanent status effects: The items that used to give permanent status now give only Starting Status, meaning the effect will wear off with time.

I also rebalanced all gear including pvp gear. Gungnir Spear now has a chance to cast Mjolnir spell. Rebalanced stats from scratch, but you can only access those items with HoC. :(

You can now steal from Elmdore, first time you fight him hes got the Masamune. Second time he is got Genji set and Chijiraden. Zalera drops now Genji Shield. u can now get genji set full but it is painful to steal from Elmdore. Good Luck!

Abilities

Cid's class is now renamed Thunder God with a completely new skillset including Steel and Focus, some good thunder based sword techs (Shock, Thunderstorm, Thunderbolt and Hallowed Bolt). Hallowed Bolt from Thunder God can now inflict Slow or Silence. He IS the Thunder God after all!

Machinist skillset name changed to Artillery. Added Molotov (berserker inducing AoE Fire based dmg) and bio Blaster (Poisonous blaster from distance, non elemental dmg).

Alicia is now a Mystic Knight Lancer with Spellblade Blitzkierg techs and Lavian is a Viking Berserker with Brutality Savagery skillset (Steel, Shout, Ground Shaker, Spirit Breaker).

Agrias can no longer use Hallowed bolt, but can now use Holy Aura (20 MP cost to buff with Shell and Protect on the caster and units around it.), Salve and Chant.

Meliadoul can now cast Dispelna, Crush Shield and Crush Spirit (crushes and removes buffs)

Aim skillset for archer changed (leg shot, arm shot, seal evil, added new skill Focus shot, Blackout, Venom Shot and Sonic Boom)

Removed Books and Flail from throw skillset. And Poles and Knight Swords.

Many skills were moved from one class to another (e.g. lifefont moved from monk to white mage and many others. Ninja can now learn Stealth.)

Made Dark Magicks skillset for Sorceress unique class. It has Bio (similar to Fire, blizzard and Thunder, but can inflict poison or blind.)
Biora (can inflict randomly stone, toad, slow or silence)
Bioga (good AoE dmg, may inflict undead).
Meltdown, Quake and Tornado and Unholy Darkness added. Also Midargdsormr,  mid damage summon with Blind/Poison chance.
New Spell: Dispel (Dispel buff on target. Opposite to Dispelna)

Lucavi

All lucavi were tweaked. They all have access to all Dread skills and their innate abilities have been changed. They are a lot more threatening now and harder to beat. I was trying to make them harder but not by giving them insane ammounts of HP or statistical buffs. They usually are 20 levels higher than the party. Human bosses usually are 5 level above the party. Some lucavi fights had adds tweaked (the knights at Zalera's battle are no longer knights. Cuchulainn now has bodyguards.)
Belias can now summon Golem. Added Hasteja, Slowja, Blizzaja/Firaja/Thundaja to Zalera Ja Magicks skillset. Some other minor changes I can't remember now.

New Characters

Ladd is now a Demonhunter, Alicia is a Mystic KnightLancer, and Lavian is a Viking Berserker. You start the game with a random girl with Valmafra's sprite and the Sorceress unique class. Goes by the name of Aveen. The real Valmafra's sprite was changed to something else.

Faith, Brave System

Faith can no longer be altered by any means. Brave can no longer go up by any means, but it can still go down, so attacks that reduce bravery are now a lot more threatening. However, they are reduced to a couple monster enemies that can use them; neither the player nor the human story battle enemies have access to it. As a result of this, many skills were actually altered. E. G. instead of raising Faith, preach now induces the Faith status effect, and skills that used to improve Br now improve physical attack instead. Mystics can still reduce Br with trepidation and Beowulf's Chicken skill was left untouched. This is because the player still need access to Br reducing skills because some of the bosses will be very hard to defeat if you don't nerf their react skills. Beware of enemy mystics.

New Enemies

I added some custom sprite slots for some new enemies. They are only at story battles though. At chapter 2 Sentinels and Hunters will start apearing. At chapter 3 Valkyries from the Church will keep company to the templarate knights and Zalmour.
Succubus will appear with Archaeoaemons and Ultima Daemons.
At Ch. 4, Holy Knights of the Church and Valkyries will make tough fights with lots of Aegis casting left and right. This is why I gave so many people Dispel powers. (Crush Spirit from Meliadoul, Spirit Breaker from Lavian, Dispel from Aveen).

Well, I think this pretty much covers it all. I will compile the changes when I have the time. For now, I made a video of my battle with Cuchulainn and I thought I would show you guys here:

Here is a ppf patch. I still gotta make some changes on the text. Thanks for letting me share this with you guys. I hope to see another chapter of JoTF soon :)

I made all changes on text and rebalanced things a bit. It is now really finished. To make the patch appliable, you first have to resize your ISO using UMDGen as shown in Celdia's tutorial as shown in this link: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10141.0

HOW TO APPLY PATCH

First of all, use a NA iso.
Do not apply patch directly. Resize your ISO first! Many people are having difficulty here, so I'm gonna help you guys step by step:

Ok, first of all, get your iso. it should be around 409.056 KB, as you can see in the picture below:
https://ibb.co/k3MFTPM

Now, You will want to open UMDGen. You will then click "Open" -> (Choose your iso from the directory) -> Now, your screen should look like this:
https://ibb.co/qjM2bvS

Now, you are going to select those two files (PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.BIN) and EXTRACT them wherever you wish. Like This:
https://ibb.co/RHyyd6C

Close UMDGen.

Open UMDGen again.

Now, you will right click here and select "ADD EXISTING FOLDER" as shown in the picture below:
https://ibb.co/NKWf4Js

Search for the PSP_GAME folder you extracted earlier and add it to UMDGen. It now should look like this:
https://ibb.co/kQ7qk2B

Now, right click again on the same spot as you did before, but this time, instead of selecting "ADD EXISTING FOLDER", you will select "ADD EXISTING FILE". Now, search for the file UMD_DATA.BIN you extracted earlier and add this baby also. It now should look like this:

We are almost there. Now, see the "No Label" stuff there? We gonna rename it, like this:
https://ibb.co/yBqHc1x

... to SD, like this:
https://ibb.co/XYvNnKs

Cool! Now, go to "File, save as uncompressed iso", like this:
https://ibb.co/DCz0LQZ

You are done now. Your ISO should look like this now:
https://ibb.co/L1xH7Q2

Now, after you do this, there is still one more thing you need to do. YOU MUST NOW APPLY THE SLOWDOWN REMOVAL PATCH BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO PPF THIS PATCH. DOWNLOAD IT FROM THIS TOPIC HERE: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9523.0
Thanks a lot, Plastik.

After you apply the slowdownremoval patch, the file should be even smaller now, like this:
https://ibb.co/DphVQqY[attach id=18424]

Now, you can safaely apply the patch. I hope this helps. Hopefully this will help people apply other patches as well.

Thanks and bye bye!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

bragastone11

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Foreclosure

I will make a ppf patch. I hadn't made one yet cuz I thought no one would reply this board hehe. I also forgot to mention my patch has the Slowdown Bug Fix applied to it.

GarenBeoulve

Good night. I become very happy when I enter here and find new patches! This looks really cool. I'll check. Thanks for the gift. :)
Guns require no charge time. Simply aim and fire!

Nyzer

Some innate movement skills will clash with some equipped ones IIRC.

Also, the removal of everything but Br dropping sounds fairly un-fun - that turns Br drops into permanent, powerful stat drops. I can't really imagine anyone reacting to that in any way but to reset the game entirely.

Foreclosure

Quote from: Nyzer on July 15, 2020, 06:59:29 pmSome innate movement skills will clash with some equipped ones IIRC.

Also, the removal of everything but Br dropping sounds fairly un-fun - that turns Br drops into permanent, powerful stat drops. I can't really imagine anyone reacting to that in any way but to reset the game entirely.

@Innates:  I am quite aware of this. You can just remove the innate abilities with patcher if you don't like it. ;)

@ Br drops: yes, well... it doesn't bother me. I think it adds to the difficulty in a way that I enjoy it. Only the enemies have access to Br drop. To each their own, I guess :)

thanks for posting on my board.

3lric

Quote from: Foreclosure on July 15, 2020, 07:52:16 pm@Innates:  I am quite aware of this. You can just remove the innate abilities with patcher if you don't like it. ;)

@ Br drops: yes, well... it doesn't bother me. I think it adds to the difficulty in a way that I enjoy it. Only the enemies have access to Br drop. To each their own, I guess :)

thanks for posting on my board.

Hes not playing it. So its not something he would remove. As admins we generally try to steer people toward directions that wont make the game unfun to play for other people, since weve been doing this for many years. Its totally fine if you like it this way, but you should expect the average player to not want to have to use fftp, since in general, they will sooner decide to not play it instead.

Whenever posting something on a public site, made for public consumption, you should expect critque. Understanding that critique and why it was made is key to actually getting anyone to play your mod.
  • Modding version: PSX

Foreclosure

Quote from: Elric on July 15, 2020, 08:26:23 pmHes not playing it. So its not something he would remove. As admins we generally try to steer people toward directions that wont make the game unfun to play for other people, since weve been doing this for many years. Its totally fine if you like it this way, but you should expect the average player to not want to have to use fftp, since in general, they will sooner decide to not play it instead.

Whenever posting something on a public site, made for public consumption, you should expect critque. Understanding that critique and why it was made is key to actually getting anyone to play your mod.

well then he doesn't know what he's missing. My mod is very fun :)
I didn't make it for others to play. I made it so I could enjoy the game the way I think it's fun. I'm just sharing it here for those who might think like me. I'm not hurt if you or anyone doesn't play it, but I'm glad 3 people already downloaded it, and I am really happy that I could share my happiness with 3 other people. See ya xD

3lric

Quote from: Foreclosure on July 15, 2020, 08:53:18 pmwell then he doesn't know what he's missing. My mod is very fun :)
I didn't make it for others to play. I made it so I could enjoy the game the way I think it's fun. I'm just sharing it here for those who might think like me. I'm not hurt if you or anyone doesn't play it, but I'm glad 3 people already downloaded it, and I am really happy that I could share my happiness with 3 other people. See ya xD

Seems you are still misunderstanding the intention. But of you had fun making and playing it, then thats all i care about. Enjoy~

Foreclosure

Quote from: Elric on July 15, 2020, 09:04:34 pmSeems you are still misunderstanding the intention. But of you had fun making and playing it, then thats all i care about. Enjoy~

Maybe I did.. communication misunderstandings are very common among human beings. I am really enjoying it thank you very much :) Peace

Paulo

Não consigo aplicar o patch.

Foreclosure

Quote from: Paulo on August 12, 2020, 02:06:12 pmNão consigo aplicar o patch.

Quote from: bragastone11 on July 15, 2020, 10:29:36 amHow to apply the patch?

To apply the patch you must first resize your ISO with UMDGen. It's easy ut if you have trouble PM me and i will help anyway I can.

blood_falcon

@Foreclosure Hi, is your patch comes with slowdown removal? Because you did not mention it on your post. Also, can you guide me how to resize my ISO with UMDGen?

I have sent a PM to you, it would be most appreciated if you could reply it. Thank you very much.
  • Modding version: WotL

Foreclosure

August 25, 2020, 11:35:39 pm #13 Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:57:50 pm by Foreclosure
Quote from: blood_falcon on August 25, 2020, 08:29:51 pm@Foreclosure Hi, is your patch comes with slowdown removal? Because you did not mention it on your post. Also, can you guide me how to resize my ISO with UMDGen?

I have sent a PM to you, it would be most appreciated if you could reply it. Thank you very much.

Yes, my patch has the slowdownfix. However, there is a patch applier app made by Plastik that you can also use on an already patched iso. Really handy. Search around and you will find it easily.

I'm answering your pm right now with a help how to resize your iso. Peace!

Xane

Is this still active? It won't let me PM foreclosure. And the UMDGen part baffles me. (Super new to modding)

3lric

Quote from: Xane on September 02, 2020, 11:58:04 amIs this still active? It won't let me PM foreclosure. And the UMDGen part baffles me. (Super new to modding)

Is there a reason you didnt just post your question in the thread?

Xane

No, I guess it would have been better here, doesn't work with ppf-o-mattic, or am I using the wrong iso/bin. I have both psp and psx emulators and I found the UMDGen. But no idea how to use it. If any one could post a walkthrough or direct me to where it is that would be great.
Thanks in advance

Feuholden

October 26, 2020, 01:16:17 am #17 Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:30:58 am by Feuholden
i already follow your step-by-step after done ppsspp say "PSP_Game Could not load game. this is save data, not a game."

and i try 2nd times.. "the game is corrupt"

or someone can upload the game already patch done of this Mod please?
I Play Every Mod

Nyzer

We don't upload ISOs here.

Wernecksteiger

Couldn't make it work by any means. Followed the tutorial step by step
  • Discord username: wernecksteiger