• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:52:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT PSX FFTPatcher ruins my game

Started by nickjagg14, April 06, 2020, 12:26:09 pm

nickjagg14

Hey guys! I'm new!

Anyway, onto my problem. So, I'm trying to essentially make Ramza a Holy Swordsman. I gave his Guts skill-set all the abilities that Orlando has. I also have him insane, well to me anyway, innate abilities 'cause I just want to make him a 1-man wrecking machine. Figured it'd be fun. Also, I changed the cachusha and ribbon from hair adornments to a helmet and hat respectively, and gave them insane buffs :P Now, I honestly thought that those changes were relatively minor, but when i finish it all and patch my ISO, that ISO is totally screwed. I don't know how to dissect what I need to change to fix everything.

Also, when I enter a battle (even though i didn't change any battles...at all), the sprites are totally messed and I just immediately lose right after the battle starts. I took a lot of screenshots, so sorry for that, but I figured I'd show exactly what I'm trying to do. Amazingly enough, these exact same changes works with WotL. WotL has hiccups with these changes, but the game runs fine and is perfectly playable. The sprites and text can be messed up but, still playable certainly. Hopefully people see this, I'm new to changing the game like this so I have no idea how these changes can alter the game so severely.

Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

It sounds like your ISO is unfortunately incompatible with the tools we use here on FFH.

You'll have to acquire another one, either by ripping your own with an original disc, or through... other means.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

nickjagg14

Actually, this is a rip of my own hardcopy. Could the problem be that I'm patching a copied version of the original? So what I do is I rip the CD, and then from there, I make a copy of the ripped file. Should I try patching the origial ripped ISO?

Xifanie

What program are you using to rip the game?

I made a topic covering compatibility here: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10119.0

I'm not sure if ripping a backup could cause any issues, but I know it was fine for me.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

nickjagg14

I'm using Cyberlink Power2Go 8. I'm gonna read that thread your posted immediately, it might help.

Nyzer

Yeah, nothing you're doing with the Patcher should be able to cause that level of insanity. In fact, nothing the Patcher should even be capable of should be able to cause it.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

nickjagg14

Yeah isn't that insane!? So I went with Xifanie's advice and used one of the recommended ripping software's. Lo and behold, compatibility was indeed the issue. For some reason, creating an ISO from my CD using cyberlink was the problem. Thanks guys! I'll test it a bit first before changing this topic to "solved."