• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Patch Information

Started by Xifanie, December 31, 2014, 02:28:27 pm

Xifanie

December 31, 2014, 02:28:27 pm Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:38:00 am by Xifanie
This mod will only be available for the Playstation (PSX) version!

This mod is not currently available because it is still too early in development for any release

King of Ivalice
[indent=2]This mod is meant to immerse you into the world of Final Fantasy Tactics, but seen from the eyes of the second main character: Delita Hyral. Of course, this mod will not be Matsuno's original story because it won't be written by him. However, we will try our best to keep faith to everything that is canon and take some liberties where possible. Not being Square, we can feel free to include all sorts of content it would be illegal for them to add.

New World Map locations
[indent=2]With the Nelveskia Temple, Deep Dungeon, Golgorand Execution site and Murond Death City locations freed, expect new locations and paths on the map![/indent]

Headquarters
[indent=2]A refurbished Deep Dungeon! No more battles, rather new options for you to discover. Each section will use a pretty 320x240 custom background file instead of maps and units, unless of course, fighting is directly involved.

• Meeting Room: Storyline progression events happen here.

• Seer: Gives you important tips about the game.

• Library: Read books that you find throughout the game to reveal important information.

• Workshop: The team's archeologist can repair his artifacts here.

• Treasure Room: Assign a treasure hunter to fetch items for you at different locations. Updated every time the storyline progressions increases.

• Gambler: Earn gil in a non-fighting way.

• Training Grounds: Fight against a scarecrow to build the exp/JP of your characters left behind.

• Monster Arena: Capture monsters and hand them over to the Arena Master who will create Chimera monsters for you to fight.

• Coach: A teacher can turn some generics with a lot of potential into powerful Special units if some requirements are met.

[/indent]

"Super" Monsters
[indent=2]Roaming around Ivalice, don't be surprised if you ever encounter an enormous chocobo, a blazing fast goblin or even an insanely strong uribo. These kind of super monsters will be commonplace now.[/indent]

Lots of War Trophies
[indent=2]Items won't sell for a lot, but the accessibility to some will be vastly increased. The higher the level of the monster you fight, the better and more items it might drop! Every generic monster will be able to drop a vast array of items, but only 4 can be generated per unit. After some battles, this can mean a lot of items! Not just monsters, you might get some very good loot from human foes as well.[/indent]

Shady Salesmen
[indent=2]There are rumors about some merchants roaming Ivalice who are selling some... interesting wares. The origin of those wares is suspicious to say the least, and while they might be very pricey, you might be able to haggle them to a more reasonable price.[/indent]

Synthesis Shop
[indent=2]Remember the Synthesis Shop from Final Fantasy IX? A better version will be available for you to create new items.

More information about this hack[/indent]

Soldier Office Upgraded
[indent=2]Once you start Chapter 2, you'll be able to recruit new units at the soldier office. Forget about those level 1 squires with terrible equipment and no abilities!

More information about this hack[/indent]
[/indent]

King of Ivalice Revolution
[indent=2]This version is just like the original King of Ivalice, but heavily alters the vanilla (original) aspects of the game, like generic jobs, generic monsters, items and abilities in order to give a different, new flavor to the mod for players who are interested in that kind of experience. These edits are meant to make the game fun and different; not to give you a hard time, but still challenging enough. This idea is inspired by Celdia's Complete Patch.

This includes all of KoI's original features!
[/indent]

Credits

[indent=2]
Development
  • Xifanie

Events

• Xifanie

• Elric

Sprites

• Xifanie (French Maid)

• Toshiko

Mechanics
  • Xifanie

ASM Hacks
  • Xifanie

[/indent]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Choto

All those big hacks are gonna fit together so nicely. I love the idea of the headquarters, and meeting unique monsters that are powered up. Definitely looking forward to this.

Pride

Ohhhh excitement is happening ^___^
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

This will pretty much be the patch to end all patches.

This patch will be so good it will even kick "wins" ass.

Lijj

Jumza

:D Congratulations on getting this going Xifanie!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

I'm definitely happy to see such enthusiasm towards this project. With Elric on my team, I feel incredible! Yes, yes, yes, yes! I can win! I feel great! I. CAN. DO. THIS. RAAAAHHH!

Quote from: Lijj on January 01, 2015, 06:36:40 pm
Supah Monsutahs?! O: how?

I'm not really sure how I'll create the super monsters yet... I think the most simple way would be to just create new BATTLE.BIN only jobs, which for me will be a piece of cake since I'm not planning on using FFTPatcher all that much anyway. Excel will work far better for me.

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Lijj

Ah.. I was thinking you might ASM hack it to scale up making them crazy big but pixelated.

Xifanie

oh yes, the mama chocobo would be twice size. Choto and secondadvent gave me tips on how to do it, but I can't guarantee it. It will be mostly palette swaps, and ideally 50% / 200% size sometimes if I can figure it out.

Lijj

haha that's awesome, I hope the scaling works.. If not; there's so much to to come in this patch it'll be barely missed and palettes/ speed / super abilities etc. will suffice.

skiploom188

Wow wow wow a new patch to wait for! It's been a while since I've seen the Child Boards get updated :)

I support this patch. Please... Make it happen.

Hang on, when you said PSX, that includes emulators right? It kinda sounded like its for the real PS1 (in front of the TV) but I guess that's just me. I hope it isn't. *fingers crossed*
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

sasapinjic

Very good and big project , i wish you luck with this !  :D
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage

Angel

Quote from: skiploom188 on January 03, 2015, 05:26:20 amHang on, when you said PSX, that includes emulators right? It kinda sounded like its for the real PS1 (in front of the TV) but I guess that's just me. I hope it isn't. *fingers crossed*

Worry not; if it will run on console, it will run on emulators. The playability goal for KoI is the same as Jot5 - get the game running on anything that can run FFT. Xifanie's responsible for any ASM going into it, and she tests all ASM hacks extensively, so everything should be working flawlessly out the door for anybody interested (which should be most of us), no matter how you choose to play.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

skiploom188

Quote from: Toshiko on January 03, 2015, 08:57:51 am
Worry not; if it will run on console, it will run on emulators.

Yes!

Hmmm come to think of it maybe I could try this on my conso... oh wait my PS1's dead.

Emulators it is  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

KingBAMF

this looks totally awesome, good luck with this!

Shintroy

Is Delitia or Ramza the MC of this patch?
Some day my people will be free.

Xifanie

Angel

Erm...

*ahem*

Quote from: Xifanie on December 31, 2014, 02:28:27 pmseen from the eyes of the second main character: Delita Hyral
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Shintroy

Didn't want to read any threads and risk spoiling something.
Looking forward to it. Anything to keep me from constantly checking the GG thread.

It only hurts because once when watching ATLA in high school someone went "That's you Troy." when watching thst episode live. I thought I escaped, but I can't change who I am. Forever aloof.
Some day my people will be free.

CT5Holy

Holy crap, I remember hearing about this several years ago, and now it's actually here (or at least somewhat public and stuff). gl hf Xifanie and Elric and Toshiko and whoever else ends up helping with this project!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney