• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:01:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Event Instruction help (Effect)

Started by Jumza, November 20, 2012, 10:16:26 pm

Jumza

November 20, 2012, 10:16:26 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:22:36 pm by Jumza
So, the problem I'm having is that, while event editing I added an Effect Instruction,
Effect(x00E0,x09,005,010,x00)
EffectStart()
EffectEnd()
I was wondering how I can make the unit this instruction is targeting (in this case Unit ID 09) hold a pose the whole time, because right now it works fine up to the end then she starts walking. I've tried putting UnitAnim's before, after even in the middle of these instructions, and nothing helps. Anyone know what to do?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Pride

Have you tried using a block?

such as

blockstart()
wait
unitanim
blockend()
effect
effectstart()
effectend()
waitforinstruction(whatever is wait for unit animation, 0x0B iirc)
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

This is the way I make it work ^ Tho Pride's way is a bit more fancy and probably more useful then mine. I hadn't thought of the wait for instruction :P

Jumza

How long should the wait instruction be? Because right now she holds the animation until the effect ends, but she starts walking on the spot still.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

You may have to mess with it a bit, start at Wait(00150) and go down to 00100 if that is to long then 00050 if that is to long, etc.
It may take some fine tuning, but that is what eventing is all about.