• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:22:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

I won the "lottery"!

Started by Eternal248, May 02, 2010, 08:04:09 am

Eternal

So, opened my e-mail and I get this clearly fake lottery award e-mail. Normally I just delete this junk, but it's so pitifully done, I feel like being a snark and replying (for it being an official lottery, they even use Yahoo and Windows Live e-mails in the letter). I think I'll pretend like I'm interested and out-scam the scammers. I think it was Koko who had a similar topic, so I look forward to hearing your replies. The e-mail I was sent is below.

QuoteFrom:    Canadian Lottery Promo (gregnorman1@live.com

You are required to contact the agent with the following details.

1) Your Full Name:
2) Contact Address:
3) Tel/Mobile Number:
4) Occupation:
5) Sex:
6) Age:
7) Nationality:

Congratulations once again from all our staff !!!

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs.Candy Snell.
*Customer Service*
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kokojo

Ohhh. The best things to do :

Write back saying you don't understand what they want you to do, and when they copy/paste it back, say that they copied/pasted and that this seems weird.
Say your wife/girlfriend is suspicious of this E-mail and that you want a private meeting with the lotery guy; you can go search it yourself.
You can't accept the money unless the user performs a basic task to show you it's not a scam : ask to see him with bread under his nose or something

Il e-mail him too tonight. I know he will reply. Il play M. Jack Muchloves, the leader of F.F.A.C, Food for all childrens, and il say that my compagny feeds over 10,000 orphans per day! Let's see how the money-grabber will react.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Eternal

Well, I think I'll reply by saying that a lot of scam e-mails have gone around lately and that I'd like some reassurance that it's not a scam. And then play it from there.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

gojoe

I never learn from my mistakes.

VampragonLord

why is the canadian lottery paying you in USD?
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

degrofm

Quote from: "VampragonLord"why is the canadian lottery paying you in USD?

It could be that the nice folks at the Canadian lottery converted the prize from Canadian dollars to American dollars.