• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 12:30:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

From Windows 7 to Mac Snow Leopard!

Started by TacticsLURV, February 05, 2010, 06:04:05 pm

TacticsLURV

Hello everyone!

I have a new MacBook Pro but I changed the OS to Windows 7 to play FFT with the patches because I could not figure it out on the MAC. I came to realize I do NOT like Windows 7 and I miss my Snow Leopard! I want to switch back to SL but I also do not want to lose playing FFT. I would LOVE some help.

Here is my problem:
I do not know how to get the FFT .IMG file to play on the Mac emulator, PCXS. (Because on Windows PSX emulator it gives you the option to pick an .IMG file "Run ISO". However, the Mac emulator gives you one option "Run CD".)

This is what I have:
-PCXS emulator
-.IMG Final fantasy tactics file (which has been patched with PPF)
-BIOS

How can I play my .IMG file on my Mac??

Thank you! I appreciate it! Final fantasy lurv <3

Jumza

Get the MOOBy cdr plugin for your pcsx also if run into any troubles or can't find it thier is this one guy who did 3-4 (can't remember the number) videos on how to get PCSx to work it helped me tons!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

TacticsLURV

Quote from: "Jumza"Get the MOOBy cdr plugin for your pcsx also if run into any troubles or can't find it thier is this one guy who did 3-4 (can't remember the number) videos on how to get PCSx to work it helped me tons!

Thanks love! I will try that ... I also believe I found the videos to help :)

TacticsLURV

Noo that did not work :(

But I came a cross PCSX-Reloaded now I can play the ISO file BBUUTTTTT .... it always freezes during the battles!! I disabled Dynarec CPU core and the game still freezes. Anyway ideas?

Jumza

Do not use dynarec it auto freezes at either battle formation screen or just when you start it...
it didn't work? hmmm well im not sure someone more expierenced with mac might help you (arch plays 1.3 on his mac ask him). good luck!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

degrofm

Another option is to use Crossover Games, from Codeweavers. It costs $30, but it can run ePSXe well. You can also download a trial version to see if it will work on your computer.

R999

I am able to play PCSX-Reloaded with FFT on Snow Leo perfectly fine. PCSX-Reloaded comes with all the standard plugins built in, so you won't run into those problems like with loading CD/ISO.  I believe they have also branched off of the original PCSX port as well... so it's not entirely the same Emu. If you are still having problems I'll post my settings (for Reloaded). I have also built the latest built of PCSX-Reloaded off of their official SVN Repository (with Xcode) -- if you want it I could upload it somewhere.

I have had this problem locking up as soon as the first person is about to cast a spell. Not sure what caused it, but it seems applying a PPF patch within the Windows environment (VMWare) helped to fix the issue for me.

And....for some reason PCSX-Reloaded runs so much better, with everything running 100% perfectly in Snow Leopard compared to running ePSXe with Crossover Games. I have tried every possible combination of settings with ePSXe and just couldn't find one that matches the quality of PCSX. ePSXe does have much better framerate/performace though, even inside Crossover. But running PCSX natively is better (graphically accurate to the original). Once in a while, the framerate will drop a little bit, so I recommend playing with Frame Skip as well.