• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 02:27:55 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

EvtChr Editing - EvtChrView Increasing File Size?

Started by Aqueous, July 31, 2012, 06:27:40 pm

Aqueous

Hi Guys,

I've been mucking around with my FFT for awhile now thanks to alot of help on these forums and so far been fine on my own but I've hit a bit of a wall.

I'm currently trying to edit Ramza's sprite in various events in the game. I've made all the edits, the files are ready and in the correct formats etc. The issue I have is that when using EvtChrView, when saving the file it increases the filesize from the normal 4110KB to 4500KB. This happens even when I don't edit the images contained in the file. So if I simply open up the default EVTCHR.BIN and resave it using the program, it increases the file size to 4500KB?

I tried inserting this back into the ISO using MagicISO (since I couldn't do it with CDMage as it would truncate the file) and the ISO is now unreadable.

Could anyone help with how I can save this file without inflating its size?

Thanks!

3lric

this is normal, the EVTCHR.BIN size does increase, but I import it all the time without issue, try CDProg, or CDMage R5. Also, don't reimport the battle.bin  ONLY reimport the EVTCHR.bin
  • Modding version: PSX

Aqueous

Aaargh!

Yeah I just found that the program adds about 10-15 sheets at the end that are blank so if you truncate the file it simply trims it back down to size. Unfortunately, I didn't find this out until after I bricked my old ISO *weeps*.

Thanks for the quick reply though and the help :)

3lric

lol, I've lost many iso's this way. But that's why we are here.

If you've any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
  • Modding version: PSX