• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:34:46 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Kill_Bones

Nice! I only see one small thing on the port that's bugging me. On her left (our right) suspender, a couple white pixels go into the brown, making it look rather odd. The walking frames look great, although, like cheetah, I'm not a fan of the shoulders atm

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

GeneralStrife

I know the port is a WIP, but the front part of her hair (the bangs) look like a hand, but like you said, WIP.

Twinees

February 19, 2011, 10:21:51 pm #702 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:59:35 am by twinees
Thank you guys, those little white pixel were supposed to represent a buckle, but it didnt turn out well.
Hopefully i fixed that hand/claw thing that was happening with her bangs.

Might have to change the tip of the bangs.

Edit:
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Quote from: twinees on February 19, 2011, 10:21:51 pm
Thank you guys, those little white pixel were supposed to represent a buckle, but it didnt turn out well.
Hopefully i fixed that hand/claw thing that was happening with her bangs.

Might have to change the tip of the bangs.

Edit:

That's alot better. The one on the right's hair is much better.

Twinees

February 20, 2011, 12:59:12 am #704 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:15:48 am by twinees
thankyou GS, heres another update:

I will be darkening the hair after its finished, as suggested by several people.

Lijj

February 20, 2011, 01:26:21 am #705 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:31:58 am by Lijj
There's a spot on her throat where the shadow and light meet that doesn't look quite right where the neck meets the collar area.

edit: typos

Cheetah

Fantastic looking portrait. You have already made improvements and the few things I have noticed so far. You already worked on blending the bangs in so they look more natural from the part, but I think it needs a bit more work. The shading of the hair for the hanging down bits don't look quite right to me, but I'm not sure how to improve it. This is very very close to being perfect.
Current Projects:

Zozma

whoa thats amazing, i love it!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

dbp

This character is going to be amazing !!!!!!!!
Love the portrait so far !

I can really feel that she's Tifa but with the exact perfect FFT style.
Good job  :D
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Cheetah

February 20, 2011, 10:48:09 pm #709 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:48:49 pm by Cheetah
Aha, I think I know what is up with the hair. You have a black/dark line around all her hair, this definitely shouldn't be the case when it is facing directly towards the light source. Right? I think I gave similar feedback to the Red XIII portrait and it looked way better afterwords.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Hmm... this getting any better?
I got rid of the attempt at a collarbone (thanks lijj)

Cheetah

YES, much better. Move the shoulder on the left one pixel down. That is the end of my feedback.
Current Projects:

Twinees

I will get back to work on the sprite when possible.

Cheetah

It's so good, I love it. You continue to shock and amaze me with your spriting skills.
Current Projects:

Twinees

February 22, 2011, 05:02:22 am #714 Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:47:29 pm by twinees
Thanks Cheetah, i appreciate your kind words. So I darkened the hair, which do you guys prefer?

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Cheetah

Haha, I like the one on the left. Any chance of a black haired version just to sooth the fanboys.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Pixel-wise I pick brighter version. So I vote for left. You will get FF7 project done in no-time :D As we spoke on chat some time ago, I still am secretly hoping you will do Rufus, since he is damn awesome.

Zozma

Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kill_Bones

I like the left one tbh. This looks amazing either way Twin, nice job.

I can't imagine Rude and Elena being hard to do next. But I think I remember you saying you were doing the main party first.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....