• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:56 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTP Consolidation Project

Started by 3lric, May 14, 2020, 07:30:01 am

3lric

Something I've wanted to put together for a little while. This patch, (which also includes Celdia's Item Attribute and Inflict Status Consolidation Patch) fixes the Tutorial units, Undead units and Dead Units in the game, such as the undead knights in the Zalera battle, or Alma/Malak during the battles they are unconscious in. Using Xifanie's Special Snowflakes ASM, I was able to give these specific units the statuses they needed to still be vanilla, while being able to give them standard jobs instead of wasting job space by having a duplicate job with 1 difference like dead or undead.

At the same time, I have gone through and removed any job that is never seen in battle in game, and consolidated a few others into each other where we were able to do so. I've also done this with sprites and skillsets. As of now, this should be the most space we've freed up for more things in FFTP, I'll also include a premade version of Xifanie's extra abilities and Effects sheets, which will free up an additional 4 ability slots, and possibly consolidate the Bio abilities as well.

Currently, this is where we are at. I just need to do a quick run-thru the game this weekend to ensure everything is working as intended, which it should be, then I'll release it.

The current version is only for vanilla FFT. However a TLW version will be coming out when the next update for TLW comes out soon.
  • Modding version: PSX

Timbo

I frickin' love this!

Don't the Alama and Malak always dead sprites have a different pose for dead status that's specifically used for their death events? How did you get around this?
  • Discord username: Timbo

CONMAN

Such an awesome tool to begin a new mod Elric!  Great work!

3lric

Quote from: Timbo on May 14, 2020, 11:12:58 amI frickin' love this!

Don't the Alama and Malak always dead sprites have a different pose for dead status that's specifically used for their death events? How did you get around this?

Malak is either normal dead pose, or EVTCHR, assuming the former, since it's a battle event.
Alma has a custom pose on her spritesheet. I didn't remove this spritesheet from the list, and she is still linked to it, just with a different job now.

The special snowflakes hack allowed me to set both of those units to dead, in those battles, so they appear the same as they would in vanilla

3lric

I've just released this merged into TLW. Tomorrow night I will do another run through of the vanilla game with consolidation, and then I'll upload a purely vanilla versiom here as well

Timbo

What is your plan with the bio abilities?
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

Quote from: Timbo on May 20, 2020, 05:36:23 pmWhat is your plan with the bio abilities?

I dont have one. Everything in this patch, consolidates without affecting vanilla at all. Something like consolidating bio, would have to be done by people using it, since it can affect gameplay

3lric

This will be out in a few days. Forgot i needed to make a few tactext edits to include with the mod, in order to fully show the freed up space.

3lric

This should be out sometime this weekend, got just about everything worked out and just need to do one more run thru. I've also managed to free up 4 ability slots by moving the Altima teleport moves, using 2 of Xifanie's ASMs, as we did for TLW. We also use her Special Snowflakes hack here, to free up some job slots and also fix the tutorial. As it stands the consolidation will be as follows

Orkney

So Nice !

I was digging in the unused sprites.
In fact you've already done that job !

Thanks you so much for providing this.

Heisho

Quick question on job slot 7B: Is the Wildbow duplicated somewhere else?
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

3lric

Quote from: Heisho on June 12, 2020, 12:56:00 amQuick question on job slot 7B: Is the Wildbow duplicated somewhere else?

Ill have to double check that one. I think thats the one monster job that isnt ever called in a event, and was only in the dummy/test data of a ENTD, while still obtainable via breeding. Which would mean that that one job, would not actually be free

Heisho

Quote from: Elric on June 12, 2020, 05:37:31 pmIll have to double check that one. I think thats the one monster job that isnt ever called in a event, and was only in the dummy/test data of a ENTD, while still obtainable via breeding. Which would mean that that one job, would not actually be free

IIRC is the only monster that can be obtainable by breeding. It appear in the ENTD 1FE (Tier 3 monsters set) but not on any other random battles. Poaching it is the only way to get the Ribbon and the FS Bag. So I think it would not be a free slot.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Orkney

Hi !

I have missed the release of this patch ? Or did the release take more time than initialy planned ?

3lric

Quote from: Orkney on October 19, 2020, 01:48:42 amHi !

I have missed the release of this patch ? Or did the release take more time than initialy planned ?

I havent actually released it yet. All the fixes are includes in TLW and im using it as a base for another mod, however it should be out shortly after my vacation ends

Orkney

Glad to read it.

But i'm not sure to understand the TLW part. The fixes are included in it, but TLW use a part of the freed slots/sprites no ?