• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:58:12 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Shintroy

Makes me wonder. What would be a good kind of combination could use 100 Faith/Brave? Maybe a Silver Bow Archer?

Archer
White Magic
Faith Up
Magic Defend UP
Warpath
Silver Bow

Gold Hairpin
Power Sleeve
Cherche

???
???

So many combinations. I'd drop my Fire Cape team for this idea. Doubt I'd pull it off.
Some day my people will be free.

Elmdork

Quote from: Shintroy on June 07, 2015, 05:27:43 am
Makes me wonder. What would be a good kind of combination could use 100 Faith/Brave? Maybe a Silver Bow Archer?

Archer
White Magic
Faith Up
Magic Defend UP
Warpath
Silver Bow

Gold Hairpin
Power Sleeve
Cherche

???
???

So many combinations. I'd drop my Fire Cape team for this idea. Doubt I'd pull it off.

I'm often compelled to make certain samurai 70/70 sometimes, but you really need support. I'm thinking along the lines of equip mage gear samurai with ice rod, genji helm and battle boots. Silver bow archer is less risky/dumb/powerful but should make good numbers at a safe distance. you'll need good vertical movement to keep him out of harm's way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

Actually, what's funny is that I created a gimmick team that I was going to post. The 100 club where all four units could get 100/100. My thoughts were Grand Crossing spell gunners (no blind Protection but doesn't need it as much with blind not effecting the actual shots...just the GC move), two handed and two swords mages, undead priests with quickening and two hands. Never thought of the silver now archer so that's a cool choice.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Malroth

Last minute battle to help folks refine their tourney teams

Shintroy vs Herobal

Mudvayne

Going to try to fix my Hypercam issue today when I get home from work, or download some new recording software.

Does anyone have a match request they'd like to see?
I need something to record during my test so feel free to PM me or post here if you want a match. I should be home from work in ~2 hours and will be recording then.

reinoe

Quote from: Mudvayne on June 10, 2015, 04:26:25 pm
Going to try to fix my Hypercam issue today when I get home from work, or download some new recording software.

Does anyone have a match request they'd like to see?
I need something to record during my test so feel free to PM me or post here if you want a match. I should be home from work in ~2 hours and will be recording then.

I'd like a test of my team "new school".
My dreams can come true!

Mudvayne

June 10, 2015, 09:10:54 pm #4226 Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:18:27 am by Mudvayne
FFT Arena 1.39C: Shintroy (Tournament Team) vs Mudvayne (Caster Chix)

FFT Arena 1.39C: Reinoe (The New School) vs Mudvayne (Nudist Colony)

Shintroy Pmed me and asked me to run his tournament team against a caster team so I decided to do it against one of mine. I've updated the team recently and haven't had it tested yet so this was a good opportunity for me to do so and get a match for Shintroy  :P

Shintroy

Mime vs 3 girls 1 monk
Wanted to see Donuts against a caster team so I know whether or not to add good compat to the team or not. Really tough call because this is a RNG based team and bad and worst compat against certain units would probably turn good match ups into bad ones.

R1 - Bahamut? Holy, Dark and Non elemental spells destroy my time mage. Really afraid of running into a team that runs things like chiri, ultima, Meiton, and other potentially OHKO abilties with range. RNG was on my side this round though. Stop missing on my time mage was pretty unlucky.

R2 - Maps like these make or break my team when it comes to caster teams. My team will usually spend a turn getting just close enough to get blown up by the other team's AoE. I've only ran this team against Truelight's Unfaith team and had rounds where my units only get 1-2 turns. The same thing almost happens here until the Scholar chooses to use Bio over a harder hitting spell. Maybe the AI knew one of my units would get a turn before using tornado or quake or something.

R3 - Close round. If the mime had went down at the start I'm pretty sure I would've lost at the start again. The bag attack on my time mage followed my monk getting up and charming the scholar made this really hard to come back from. No MP on the Paladin too? RIP

Thanks for the match Mudvayne. I was going to make my units all good with each other to make revival 100%, but due to this being a heavily RNG based team I'd rather have the normal compat percentages across the board. I don't need Mimic Daravon going any lower than that.

Your Does your Monk have Earth Slash? I'd give him Wave Fist to avoid him ever going for Bag attack when he needs to attack someone on a different elevation. Would've lost R3 if that time mage went down sooner. If he does have earth slash though then never mind. Maybe it was the half earth damage the AI was worried about. Pretty odd since even half of that earth slash damage would've killed the time mage.

The team's strength is definitely crystallizing units. 

12;25 AM everyone. Good luck in R1.

Kurosabes

Teams are still being regularly submitted despite the ongoing tournament, I can probably run some battles in the coming days, seeing as the other recorders are busy right now.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Shintroy

Bag Ladies and Caster Shell. I don't have any plans on releasing teams at the moment, but I did update a few times recently.

The next team I'm releasing after the tournament is a team called Bramble Blast. I was thinking about bringing back a white magic mime if I can't perfect it. I can't wait for everyone's new teams post tournament. So many new staple builds being solidified as top end builds. I really like the Healing Staff, Snipe Ninja builds I'm seeing a lot of. Didn't like it at first, but with Execute? Pretty bad ass.

Reks

I just needed more variety in my teams.

A single, Death-based team wasn't fun to watch.

After the Tourney I'll add that team to my roster as well, and despite setbacks because I suck at designing status and speed teams, there should be one soon.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

Balanced Bag Team vs High Ranged Damage

R1 - Got destroyed here. Would've been quicker if it weren't for berserk AI and Raise 2 missing.

R2 - Thank you Berserk AI. Not sure why Reks's units aren't reviving. Probably due to high speed?

R3 - Stopped it at 3 panel Don't Act.

GG. I had no answer for those Archers.

Mimic Lore vs 11-13 SP team

R1 - That Thief didn't know what to do. Great Map.

R2 - 100% Stop on 70 Faith units.

R3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpeCk6NyZU

GG. Entertaining

Fugg

Mudvayne

June 19, 2015, 11:20:11 am #4234 Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:49:13 pm by Mudvayne
Round 1.. terrible map for me. Too big for me to even get in range to do anything. GG.
Round 2 was much better. I do like seeing this team in action. If my thief hits a few quickenings and gets hasted she can be retarded fast.
Round 3 I was EXTREMELY surprised I was able to come back and win that. Holy shit... Mimic'd lore spam is pretty powerful espescially on larger maps(not to mention MA save also!!). It wrecked me in round 1 and I was sure the same was gonna happen this time. I love those high percentage stops against you thanks to high faith.
I'd love to see this team in action against a non mimed wizanibus/lore spamming team and see how they stack up that way.

Those dancers hurt. A LOT. Fun fight, but agains against a mimed wizanaibus team this time from some pretty strong ass dancers. Again, curious to see how this team stacks up against a different type of team. Was still fun either way though for sure  :P

Thanks a lot for the matches Wiegraf!

Corosar

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

Quote from: Mudvayne on June 19, 2015, 11:20:11 am

Those dancers hurt. A LOT. Fun fight, but agains against a mimed wizanaibus team this time from some pretty strong ass dancers. Again, curious to see how this team stacks up against a different type of team. Was still fun either way though for sure  :P

Thanks a lot for the matches Wiegraf!

Yeah it was fun match the 2nd battle showed me there still some tweaks I could try to improve it. It made me decide to go with white magic plus some mobility for the Biebes. I had ma save + draw out so he could pack a wallop when the enemies did come for him. But he doesn't really get hit much up to the point that he would need to go on offense and he was pretty boned when the ladies went down. So I think being able to revive them back up and more options with damage/healing should be better. I'll be losing haste option oh well can't have everything. 

Kurosabes

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Corosar

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on June 22, 2015, 05:08:41 pm
Finally managed to record in 480p for faster edit and upload.

FFT ARENA 139C - Shintroy (Ye Olde Rangers) vs Otabo (Reckless Rainbow)

FFT ARENA 139C - Heroebal (How to tame a dragon?) vs Corosar (Dragon Summoners)

FFT ARENA 139C - Rouroni Elmdor (The Raven King) vs White Knight Wiegraf (Kakumeiki)

I have given some advice to Heroebal and Corosar as well in their video.

I would like to mention that my Dragon summoners team is meant as a themed team... basically the theme of the team was to get as much power to my black mage as possible for when he procs bahamuts and he is meant to be the main way of taking out another team. This reason is why no other units are proficient in anything but healing and support as i wished for that black mage to be laying down the dragon god on people. For this reason i apologize White knight and in proxy Rouroni elmdor (he gave a PM suggestion) but both of the suggestions will have to ignored because of the theme of this team. i don't wish to be against you as your suggestions are great ones. It just does not fit the theme i was going for in this team. I will have to put up an actual win attempting team sometime for a comparison as all i have is my tourney team and themed teams. However white i will agree i am not seeing a use to the punch art and am gonna look up a better armor for the white mage and black mage without sacrificing to the theme. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions though!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

June 23, 2015, 12:54:15 am #4239 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:02:33 am by Heroebal
"How to tame a dragon?" is a themed team as well. The idea was for the thief to keep hitting the dragon with shadow shade to keep activating his pa save and the thiefs reaction speed save to quickily increase the pa/damage output of the dragon. ( I wanted the lore damage low so it did little damage to the dragon, just there to trigger reactions) and then the mime/bard were supposed to keep healing themselves and redistributing the hp back to the dragon to keep him upright.

However none of that works if he keeps getting one-shotted :p. I figured the lack of being able to revive the dragon would be a problem. So I have a rough draft  in the works of incorporating cursed ring on the dragon into the equation, along with koutetsu & steal heart on the thief. I guess corosar's mage had a good answer to "how to tame a dragon" you tame a dragon by bringing in real dragons :) .   

*I didn't realize that berserk negates evasion, thanks for that. He would probably be better off with swift plate then