• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:13:58 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Character Creation

Started by Brune, July 18, 2011, 05:02:49 pm

Brune

So I went through I did the tutorial according to Jon here http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=5868.0 but I still cannot seem to get it right. I made one of my beginning squires into Izlude and made a new job for him from the bishop + 23 Magic stuff. The Bishop part changed and it says magic in the action menu but when I go to status and check what abilities I can learn it's a knight's action abilities and the rest are squire abilities(support/reaction/movement). Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Lijj

I actually never even read that, the infamous head-swap tutorial, so.. I don't know.
Someone help!
  • Modding version: PSX

Shade

Quote from: Brune on July 18, 2011, 05:02:49 pm
So I went through I did the tutorial according to Jon here http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=5868.0 but I still cannot seem to get it right. I made one of my beginning squires into Izlude and made a new job for him from the bishop + 23 Magic stuff. The Bishop part changed and it says magic in the action menu but when I go to status and check what abilities I can learn it's a knight's action abilities and the rest are squire abilities(support/reaction/movement). Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Did you go and give him the skillset from ENTD?
If you did, you were doing it wrong, let me explain.
Every job has assigned skillset, that you can change from job tab, but if you change from ENTD, the change isn't permanent, if you change the job and come back to the base job, it would turn to the job normal skillset. This can also happen with enemies or allies that have set abilities from ENTD, and they actually haven't learned the RSM's, so if someone has speed save set from ENTD, and you invite him to your party, he might not learn it at all, but he still has it.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Brune

July 18, 2011, 09:27:10 pm #3 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:33:54 pm by Brune
So I went and changed it so that I had all the default abilities in ENTD and only had the sprite and the Job and the skillset in the different tabs. I am still coming up with the same thing. Do I need to patch my iso with FFHacktics 1.3 and then add other stuff?

Also, during the Gariland Magic City battle, everything I have changed is labeled correctly(except for the previously mentioned Abilities available for learning) but once I finish the battle and go into the Formation screen, "Izlude's" Job name and the skillset name revert to their names before I changed them in FFTacText. Any help with this?