• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:20:53 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Lion War 2.031 - Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, September 17, 2021, 12:03:36 am

RetroTypes

Quote from: dragon022 on March 26, 2023, 01:03:31 amHello guys! I am new on this patching psx games but I am having an issue.

I am trying to apply the TLW to the PSX image.
First I tried to patch directly using the lastest version (V2.031) and I was getting an error on the ppf-o-matic3, it was not able to open the file (not sure if this is expected).
Second: Patching first the version 1.02 and then patch using the version 2.031, worked on the ppf software. But when I was trying to run the game, I couldn't pass the opening, after putting my birthday and skipping (or waiting) the opening scene I got a black screen. (tested on epsxe, psx and duckstation, psx throw an error on the log about some kind od physical address access error).
Third: Just patch using the V1.02, I was able to pass the opening scene, will try to apply the v2.031 after passing the opening scene and while on monastery battle using a save state.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, I read the documentation to applying the patch and I think I was doing the steps correctly, but it's my first time trying this, sorry in advance!

Thanks!!

You cannot apply any TLW ppf on top of an already patched game, even an old version of TLW. It must always be applied to an unmodified vanilla US bin/iso. If ppf-o-matic isn't recognizing the 2.031 ppf, then your copy has either been modified or corrupted in some way. Re-download the zip file, and before opening it, right click it and open the properties, click the "Unblock" button at the bottom, and hit "Apply". Then extract the file(s) from the zip as normal, and check the extracted ppf file for the same Unblock button as well (it may or may not have it, just unblock it if it does). At that point, the newly-unblocked ppf should work as intended. If you're still getting errors, it may be an anti-virus issue or something, because the source file definitely works.

Finally, it's recommended once you do get the game patched to *not* use epsxe, so stick with psx or duckstation for your playthrough. Let us know if you have any more trouble
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

pompoko

April 08, 2023, 04:58:47 am #21 Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:18:34 am by pompoko Reason: I might have asked too soon. Will progress into game some more
(edited, I think I asked too soon)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

locke_stryfe

Hello,
I've recently patched in vanilla WOL and am loving it.  I seem to have an issue on the over world map though.  While the different sites are seen, the map background itself is blacked out, except when I move between places.  I'm not sure if I missed something, or if it is an issue with the emulator I use.  I am using ePSXe, if that matters.

Thanks for any help!

RetroTypes

Quote from: locke_stryfe on May 19, 2023, 05:06:47 pmHello,
I've recently patched in vanilla WOL and am loving it.  I seem to have an issue on the over world map though.  While the different sites are seen, the map background itself is blacked out, except when I move between places.  I'm not sure if I missed something, or if it is an issue with the emulator I use.  I am using ePSXe, if that matters.

Thanks for any help!

epsxe is specifically NOT recommended for TLW mods. Use psxfin or duckstation (you can use your existing memory card, just might need to convert it). See the TLW FAQ for more info

3lric

Quote from: locke_stryfe on May 19, 2023, 05:06:47 pmHello,

Thanks for any help!

This one isn't even specific to TLW, this is a FFT issue in general with ePSXe, which can be fixed, but, as Retro stated above, TLW is not fully compatible with ePSXe

Barney

Hello Everyone! I am new and i am having an issue where when i try to find the game on duckstation it cant see it and if i use the system start a file menu it will start the modded game( i am sure i followed the steps correctly, fresh .bin ppf o matic) it plays the start up like a video but i cant select new game or anything with my controller or the keyboard.  Please help also wondering if this site is still active
  • Discord username: Barney

RetroTypes

Quote from: Barney on June 22, 2023, 03:57:34 pmHello Everyone! I am new and i am having an issue where when i try to find the game on duckstation it cant see it and if i use the system start a file menu it will start the modded game( i am sure i followed the steps correctly, fresh .bin ppf o matic) it plays the start up like a video but i cant select new game or anything with my controller or the keyboard.  Please help also wondering if this site is still active

This is a known issue with Duckstation where it messes with controller settings for non-recognized games (which TLW is, since it changes the game serial). You need to go into your emulator settings and change the "Controller Type" from Analog to Digital Controller

Barney

I ended up just switching emulators but thank you!!
  • Discord username: Barney

Drjebus

Hey there hackticians, I found a curious selection of bugs during character creation.

- Screenshot 1 showcases a typo.  "Enternyour birthday"
- Screenshots 1, 2, 3, 4 all have partially spelled months (or months smashed together)
- Screenshots 5 indicates that the 12th month option is "O K," and in almost invisible letters below:  "N/A" (I think.  It's hard to tell because the hand cursor floats over it)
- Screenshot 6 Instead of "OK" and "Back" for the confirmation dialogue box (or "Check" box) it has [music note] 1 in place of the confirm option, and a blank section for the go back option.
- No typos for Orbonne pic, but the game locks here and will not proceed beyond this text;

(playing on Duckstation via RetroArch)

Thanks very much in advance!  I hope it is just a mistake on my end.
No message is associated with this attachment.

Modding version:  PSX

Tir

Hello, i just got a bug in the battle where you recruit Balthier.

In the starting scene where Ramza is caught by thieves, as soon as the first thief appears from the shadows to attack Ramza the game stay stuck in it.
   The game not freezes(you can soft reset normally), but it remains stuck in this scene. The music plays normally too.

Tried to reapply the patch (downloaded a fresh patch too), tried in multiple game images (maybe some img could be corrupted?) and nothing worked.
   Tested in some emulators (duckstation, psx, epsxe, etc) and the problem remains.

I have a save before i trigger the event of recruiting Balthier, so i will progress from it without recruiting him.
   Have some files (save states, screenshot) that shows the bug.

Lastly, I would like to thank the creators of this mod. This mod is really cool and a lot of fun. They did a great job.

Drjebus

Quote from: Drjebus on August 02, 2023, 07:57:27 pm...I said a bunch of stuff...

In a surprise twist, I tried to re-create this bug.

I patched TLW PPM to a raw Tactics iso.
It ran fine.
I patched TLW movies on top of that patched TLW iso.
It ran fine.

I probably caused this error by mistakenly applying 2.031 to a 1.06

I am sorry for any extra work this may have caused.

RetroTypes

Quote from: Tir on August 04, 2023, 09:31:25 pmHello, i just got a bug in the battle where you recruit Balthier.

In the starting scene where Ramza is caught by thieves, as soon as the first thief appears from the shadows to attack Ramza the game stay stuck in it.
   The game not freezes(you can soft reset normally), but it remains stuck in this scene. The music plays normally too.

Tried to reapply the patch (downloaded a fresh patch too), tried in multiple game images (maybe some img could be corrupted?) and nothing worked.
   Tested in some emulators (duckstation, psx, epsxe, etc) and the problem remains.

I have a save before i trigger the event of recruiting Balthier, so i will progress from it without recruiting him.
   Have some files (save states, screenshot) that shows the bug.

Lastly, I would like to thank the creators of this mod. This mod is really cool and a lot of fun. They did a great job.

See this thread for a fix for that.

Tir

Quote from: RetroTypes on August 05, 2023, 02:42:42 amSee this thread for a fix for that.
Oh sure, thanks for the reply.

As i can see the problem is related to ramza name. There's a small mod that allows you to change character names in the soldier office(this way i can change Ramza name to his original name before trigger the event), so i will do some tests. For now i will use this fix.

Nyzer

Azelle

September 17, 2023, 06:30:35 am #34 Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:12:41 am by Azelle
Greetings, I have a bug where when my units unlock a new job their have 0 job points in it, it doesn't seen to happen every time though, when Ramza unlocked the Thief class it worked like normal, but most of the time it doesn't. The game also still counts as if I had 100 job points in those jobs.

Edit: I downloaded the Lion War of The Lions and the bug seens to happen there as well.

Edit 2: It apparently happened because I benched those units so it isn't a bug.

Nyzer

Discovery: The Brave Story bug with a unit starting a round with 1 HP is because of using InflictStatus to put a dead Lucavi into the critical animation before exploding them. InflictStatus resurrections prepare the unit to be set to 1 HP when battle resumes, and apparently, that's not when the current sub-event ends, but when the game runs out of sub-events to run. Since switching to the next round is set to immediately follow this revival, the game holds onto that "set the unit in this slot to 1 HP" command until the new round begins.

This is fixable by using UnitAnim and SoundEffect instead of InflictStatus.

3lric

Quote from: Nyzer on December 16, 2023, 01:01:38 amDiscovery: The Brave Story bug with a unit starting a round with 1 HP is because of using InflictStatus to put a dead Lucavi into the critical animation before exploding them. InflictStatus resurrections prepare the unit to be set to 1 HP when battle resumes, and apparently, that's not when the current sub-event ends, but when the game runs out of sub-events to run. Since switching to the next round is set to immediately follow this revival, the game holds onto that "set the unit in this slot to 1 HP" command until the new round begins.

This is fixable by using UnitAnim and SoundEffect instead of InflictStatus.

Thank you

Yaegami

is it just me or Rendezvous - Be A Beta have a bug? The enemies always revive again and said he can't defeated if her ally still alive. But i already kill all her allies

3lric

Quote from: Yaegami on December 22, 2023, 10:15:45 amis it just me or Rendezvous - Be A Beta have a bug? The enemies always revive again and said he can't defeated if her ally still alive. But i already kill all her allies

I've not seen any other reports of this. Nyzer did pretty extensive testing on it, so I kinda doubt it's broken. Can you share a screenshot or video or something?

Yaegami

Quote from: Elric on December 25, 2023, 01:25:09 amI've not seen any other reports of this. Nyzer did pretty extensive testing on it, so I kinda doubt it's broken. Can you share a screenshot or video or something?

I play that at ch 1 and after play be a beta at ch 2, when i win it just freeze like that.
Also skill for Monk and Thief have bug. I already have all monk and thief skill, but not master it