• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:42 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Parted Ways Bug Log (POST ALL BUGS HERE!)

Started by Eternal248, August 12, 2011, 12:08:11 pm

Eternal

August 12, 2011, 12:08:11 pm Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:41:50 am by Eternal248
See topic title, and post which version the bug was in. Thanks!

CURRENT BUG LIST:

-Kanji will sometimes appear in the place of em-dashes in dialogue.
-Sprites will sometimes glitch during events.
-Some item displays will not be accurate- check the item's description for the correct stats.
-The Devout sprite's arms are disconnected (will be fixed in .37)
-Certain skills will not proc debuffs (will be fixed in .37)
-Some WotL names have slipped through the cracks.
-Steel Shield/Heavy Shield do not work properly.
-Ensanguined Shield's Auto: Doom will never actually kill a unit (will be fixed in .37)
-Wish is learn on hit (will be fixed in .37)
-Lamia's Seduce does not properly inflict Charm (will be fixed in .37)
-Stats will reset upon death or level up.
-If an item is stolen or broken, the afflicted unit's HP will not display properly, but will after being hit or healed.
-Rarely, damage displayed as a preview will not be the final damage output.
-Sometimes Brave will appear in place of Fury in text.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Joseph Strife

Het Et, i was playing your patch and everythings was going good and great untill i've reached zeakden, the game crash when i try to form my party for the battle, does anyone reported the same bug, i hope it's not something with my notebook, i'm using ePSXe
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Eternal

Yeah, that's a reported error. There'll be a fix for it soon, hopefully. Pokeytax knows about it and is looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Joseph Strife

No prob, it is normal to have bugs, and it's our job, testers, to bring these up for you so you can fix and make a better patch. ;)
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Eternal

Zeakden is FIXED! Feel free to play on to your heart's desire~

Scearcely

Accidently deleted my ccp save(i was in DD), so time to move on to a new challenge

1) intro battle: ramza had no body or head equipment -- doing the intro where a can't die character has 63 hp... not fun
2) spell quote for mediguard? "we must endure" doesn't actually mention what skill was just used(bad form on an instant skill)

Eternal

I'm aware of the first issue. It's fixed for the upcoming .31. Spell quotes are slightly different in PW. The ones that aren't actual spells won't say the name in the spell quote box.

Scearcely

yee gods man, that was quick....

will using a save from vanilla post-gariland fight screw up things too much?

Eternal

It'll likely have stuff in that save that you couldn't normally get until much later, and JP might be screwed up. I welcome you to join us on IRC to talk about this further. :)

obsidiandawn

August 27, 2011, 04:14:49 am #11 Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:15:21 am by obsidiandawn
Getting a bug where a Magus or Devout on either side of the battle causes the game to simply close itself.

It occurs when that characters turn comes up.

Eternal

August 27, 2011, 04:21:58 am #12 Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:25:55 am by Eternal248
Are you playing the most recent version, which is .30?

Further, does it crash when selecting the job? If you use a Magus/Devout, does it crash for you then? Every detail is important. :)

obsidiandawn

Using the most recent version, and it crashes when Magus/Devout's turn comes up, usually after the movement phase. It happens whether it's my character or an enemies, and it's the only time I've noticed such a crash.

Eternal

Just discovered .32 will crash randomly, usually during attacks. Will hopefully have a fix by tomorrow.

Eternal

Interesting, I'll check that out. Thanks for the report.

pokeytax

September 05, 2011, 09:20:06 am #16 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:24:34 am by pokeytax
Quote from: MountainDew~ on September 05, 2011, 03:33:10 am
Stealing equipment does not cause the target's Current HP to fall to what it should be.

First battle in Dorter after Zeakden I stole a Mage hat off of one of the enemies, Its HP was 129/99 or whatever, and I hit a 99 with Gafgarion the next turn and it did not cause a kill.

Hmmm, that sounds like an ALMA bug. Guess I better address that and the issue with death canceling temporary stat increments/decrements.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Can't take it from him there. Wait until your next encounter with him. ;)

MountainDew~

September 06, 2011, 06:37:31 pm #18 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:41:20 pm by MountainDew~
Okay, I just beat Queklain and I haven't saved it so I'm kind of raging now (that was a hard boss battle, btw, nice job on that)

My game just froze checking character status (Square button) at the pub while picking characters for the Dispatch mission "A Sad Traveling Artist'" or something like that.

*Okay, it happens with every Dispatch mission*
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Joseph Strife

I started playing PW today, and i have a freelancer with a hunting dagger, the one that gives poach, so, i hit a goblin with it, and the damage was enough to kill it and take the poach, so far so good but it was one of those goblins that has MP switch, so, i hit his MP instead of his HP and yet i got the poach and the goblins disappeared.