• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:16:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Another attempt at GIF making. Turned out better I think. Anyway, this one is Hashmal based on the design from FFXII, I took his Revnant Wings form, gave him new palette(greens from Malak, whites from Pieke, Skin color from Hashmalum, and the flashy things on his horns from Hashmalum as well), reworked his ass arms wich are damn ugly in RW, and made his legs a bit wider, since htey were really thin, heh. I also plan on reworking those clothes above his armored legs, since they are somewhat ugly.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zuzka

That's really cool. this is from revenant wings? so how much did you actually do to this thing. it looks good, i just have'nt seen this game before. looks like fft style now. but did you re draw all those arms yourself?

Kagebunji

Here is a png on wich you can see all the changes:

Cheetah

This is looking promising, good luck!
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Thanks, I will make sure to get this done. I wondered about the portrait though. Should I take FFT's Hashmalum and rework it, or take FF12RW Portrait and do something to make it fit FFT? I doubt I can do this from scratch so it actually looks like something...

Zuzka

Well that  answered my questions.. nice work/ edits!

~a fan girl of you and Lijj

Wolfran

Well done, Kage. I think you should use the FFT's portrait and edit the eyes and whatever another place that you want. I'm wondering if you will finish Tana because I like a lot the sprite but the portrait needs some minor details to fix. Anyway, Good Luck!
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

I will finish the Ninja, yeah. I am just lazy as hell lately, plus I have school and IRL things on my head. Once I have some free time(weekends are way too short...), I will sit and finish those.

Twinees

Why only 3 frames Kage? :(. It would look so much smoother if you added in those extra two.
Modify the existing fft portrait for hasmulum into something like your new one will be a pain in the butt tbh. Atm, yours doesnt look like a lion, which could prove hazardous. However, you could use the mane from the original portrait... (and change the colour).

• Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Tbh, I was too lazy to research those two extra frames and do them. I can try though(ugh :P). So you suggest I use the portrait from FFRW? Ok, it will be interesting to do for sure, hehe.

Twinees

Heirr, please post in the sprite request thread if you have a request for sprites.

Kagebunji

April 03, 2011, 08:55:15 am #1851 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:56:12 am by Kagebunji
Small update on the portrait. Took reds from Vincent(Twin's version).

Lijj

Nice update on the portrait and awesome gif and improvement/ fftactizing that monster sprite!

Kagebunji

Twin did some amazing improvements on this portrait, so this will be what I will use for now. Just look:

mav

That shade of blond just won't do, Kage.

Lijj

I like this more and more as I see it develop. I really like the improvement Twin did on those bangs. I think the shade is ok... Is it too yellow? Mav knows what's up so I'm not arguing; it just didn't strike me as bad before. The little backwards L on the bottom could be improved with the addition of a little more of that shade down there I think.

Kagebunji

You got it, I will change the blonde. First thing that came into my mind is Balmafula, since sprite has head that was based on her, second is Female Ninja, and last Female Knight.

Asmo X

There's really nothing wrong with that shade of blonde unless you're trying to make it look like something in particular. It's a good portrait overall, but the tips of the hair are too choppy-looking. You need to make that area more defined.

Wolfran

I like the Ironed hair :) good work, Kage
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

April 22, 2011, 11:07:41 am #1859 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:17:59 pm by Kagebunji
Starting to work again.

Edit, a lil progress on arms(don't mind the square next to main pose)