• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:34:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

QBS_ZODIAC_FFT

Started by Quillbeatssword, January 27, 2018, 10:22:14 am

Quillbeatssword

85% done with my armor/clothing rebalance
Incorporated damage reduction into the mod thx to Nates asm.
New stats PDR and MDR

Robes now offer high MP and have some magic damage reduction

Clothing has a balance of HP/MP and a mid-range of damage reduction against both Physical damage and Magic damage

Armor offers high hp and PDR.
  • Modding version: PSX
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Quillbeatssword

ASM hacks used in QBS_Zodiac
Katana Break chance

Skillset Behaviors

JP gain hack

Experience gain hack

Counter tackle ability edit

Random Unit gear based on story progression

Random unit equipment more selective

Apply defense v2

Require materia blade

Guests in randoms

Remove targets faith from spell calculations

Inherant RSM Limitation hack

Unit rot without skipped turns

Learn on hit%

Equip X and gender equips

Individual weapon crit rate

Player starting inventory edit

Weapon proc rate

Weapon formula edits

Jump damage X/128*PA*WP regardless of weapon

AI attacks transparent

Wall loses hard coding

Special characters can do propositions

Mighty sword % break chance

Selling items at fur shop 1/4 price

Buying items at fur shop 1x price

Equip change innate all

Undead receive 20% max hp damage from pheonix down

Potions use fraction of max HP

Undead revival chance

Cross skip

2nd squad not mandatory

Blank support over short charge adds 25% skill hit

Divide gained EXP in 2

Divide bonus money by 2

Global C-Ev

X% crit

X% Knockback from dash/Throw stone

X% chance of procs

Selling items 1/4 price

Credits- The entire community at FFHacktics and all the fine tools everyone has contributed!
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Aiolon

i see you are going for the grinding route, I like that  :cool:. I would like to suggest you add smart encounters hack to help with the grinding, it helps a lot.

hurry up and give me that beta! i want to wear my black glasses and my bug detector.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Quillbeatssword

Not so much grindy as trying to keep leveling down. The higher level you get the more this games balance goes to shit so I'm trying to inhibit leveling a bit so you're not really high level by end game unless you serious grind your ass off.
A standard play through I'm hoping will be from level 1-30,35ish if that.
Making weapon breaks etc more common and buy/Sell prices higher and lower will be to force the player to work with whatever equipment they have instead of just buying everyone all the best shit Everytime it comes out.
I'm toying with a couple weapon formulas to balance the new
PDR/MDR mechanic I added. Spent almost 10 hours editing the item table and text yesterday.
Have a couple tweaks to make to a couple jobs still and then I should be ready.
Everytime I'm close my perfectionism kicks in and I start working on a bunch of other things lol.
It will be for the best though. I'm trying to be thorough and not have a ton of half finished ideas Incorporated. Usually when I started one particular balance I work at it and edit the text for it all at once and don't stop until it's done

Quillbeatssword

Ran into an unfortunate hiccup. Despite my best efforts I couldn't incorporate damage reduction into the mod.
I tested it extensively after taking the time to change all the equipment in the game around and text editing all my changes only to discover that the asm doesn't work as intended :/ this was a pretty big center piece of this mod and threw everything out of balance. I'm implementing a different system instead. Unfortunately that means doing a couple days worth of constant work over again :(
The project is still a go. I just have a lot to sort out now to salvage the mod. I created a personal formula to balance every ability using Range/Area/Statuses inflicted or cured amounts to calculate the CT of the ability it's MP and it's JP cost. Nearly every ability in the game is now balanced, Evadeable, has a CT and MP cost.
Basic attacks will have fixed WP*WP damage period. Speed,MA,PA,BR,FA will effect abilities only and those abilities have been reduced to prevent damage spikes and keep balance. Also. My job system was a bit to ambitious and tbh I simply ran out of abilities to keep each job in the specific role I wanted it in while having a decent number of abilities. As a result some jobs had a nearly full skillset of abilities while others had 4-6 not counting R/S/M.
I had intended on keeping all of the vanilla jobs and just modifying them so they could still be used in the various cutscenes. I have decided I'm willing to overlook some glitches during interactions I've seen 1000+ times over the years I've played this game in favor of shrinking the job wheel while making every job very useful at it's purpose.
More later.

Aiolon

thats unfortunate but im glad to know you are still willing to get this finished. its nice to be ambitious and to have a lot of cool ideas but if you take look at the archives section theres a bunch of terminated projects with great ideas and cool concepts that A: Did not work or B: they couldnt implement them because they just couldn't find a way to do it so they just left the things broken and dropped their projects with a sorry but i can't do it for X/Y reasons.

a 1 man project even if its a vanilla mod its actually a very time consuming challenge and something that i believe people does wrong is to imagine they have all they need to make it true from time to motivation but the right thing would be know the tools you have, know your posibilities, the things you CAN do and the things you CANNOT do. unless Xif or some other hacker/spriter magicians come in and make your dreams come true.

don't feel down, i can tell you that if your patch is ever finished you won't feel 100% happy with it, you'll always be telling to yourself: but it could have this, this should work like that, or its not good enough! and other things.
Remember your patch is vanilla so not many people are going to be interested but you can be sure that at least 1 person maybe a user or maybe a guest is going to give it a try and maybe get pretty far if not finish it and you will probably never know.
most hackers or other skilled people prefer to give a helping hand to story patches or other projects that look to ambitious but possible. (reputation is also a thing.)

relax and dont wander to far from the things that you can do. you have plenty of very useful hacks out there. it's kinda sad but even in the big videogame industries things like these can happen, take a look at KONAMI. Hideo Kojima the master of metal gear series and Koji Igarashi master of Castlevania series had a lot of incredible ideas for their games that had to be discarded simply because KONAMI said: yes, it would be great but we have l i t t l e  m o n e y  so work with what you have! its a little out of context but even so they managed to come out with GREAT GAMES!
look at some of the completed patches out there. they are pretty basic but have cool concepts and are actually fun to play, Heck look at mine! the best way to tell my patch is different is by loading a complete game save file and take a look at the inventory, jobs, synthesis shop and maybe try out a few battles because if you just start from the beggining the first thing you are going to say is: So whats different?

sorry for the wall of text i just felt the need to say it. don't give up, i can tell you that you are going to have at least 1 player and maybe its a bit sad but its going to be me. :cool:
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Andre Pratama

I will also be a player Do not be sad, you know I'm the toughest final fantasy tactics fan and I'll try all the patches that are made by people whose idea is cool

Quillbeatssword

Quote from: Andre Pratama on February 08, 2018, 12:31:20 pm
I will also be a player Do not be sad, you know I'm the toughest final fantasy tactics fan and I'll try all the patches that are made by people whose idea is cool

Means alot. I'm not going to quit. I'm just working methodically on balance. With everything balanced around magic and physical damage reduction I just have to undo alot of changes I made. No biggie. I've made other mods for other games too. It's always time consuming and frustrating but worth it.
Currently I just spent the day going down the abilities list balancing everything with the formula I made adding CT and MP per range/area/status seems to be working pretty good.
I also took 9999 and divided it by 8 for the job/lvl requirements which I think will work pretty solid and give the a.i access to more abilities.
I'm also going to start the mod with a small job wheel probably 6-8 well balanced jobs and patch in more occasionally.
Overall this should work out good. The primary goal is to use this mods balance etc as the foundation for my own custom story later on. This is just a project to familiarize myself with all the tools available to me without jumping directly into a non vanilla project. Aiolon I especially appreciate your support and look forward to working on a collaborative project with you in the future.

Quillbeatssword

I talked to Xif because I was going to use the skillset x innate mod to make items usable by everyone but I guess it only works with normal type skillsets. No Item/Charge/Jump/Geo/Math so I'm toying with the idea of making a skillset for knight swordskills and making them learn on hit and making the skillset innate.
The idea would be that you will always have access to your knight skills regardless of job. Have to test it and see what happens

Andre Pratama

Glad to heard it Everyone must have experienced a deadlock therefore never get discouraged, I'm sure guests out there are a lot of interest with this mod

Quillbeatssword

Just wanted to let everyone know that real life has temporarily slowed me down but I'll be back to work on the patch in the next week or so.