• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT TLW Easyvent editor; unsure how to "attach" events to story moments

Started by Talcall, February 20, 2020, 05:33:51 am

Talcall

I feel like this is more of a "I'll get to it when i get there" issue, however I would like to ask here beforehand in case i get something wrong.

I want to input cut-scene events between "partings" and the "chapter 2 start", particularly, in this order:
2 cut-scenes,
1 battle with a pre-battle scene,
2 cutscenes,
a still-image with text (in between the last cut-scene and the next),
and a cutscene,
how would i go about this? is there some kind of "call event" I can use?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Nyzer

In the Attack.OUT editor, you can tell an event which event script to load next. So currently when Chapter 1 ends, it says to load the start of Chapter 2.

If you're including world map transitions it gets harder since you have to set conditionals and map locations to activate the next event, but if you're not doing that (yet) you should just be able to have Attack.OUT chain together events, and adjust the conditionals of those events appropriately (as you need different conditionals if you're going straight to the next event or going into a battle).

I know there are tools for adjusting conditionals but I've never personally used them, sorry.

That said, it shouldn't be a hard part of the process - more important would be to get all your events up and running first, and you can string them together after the fact. That's going to be the biggest time sink by far.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown