• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:20:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Noob with Spriting

Started by thisisstupid999, August 15, 2010, 10:38:47 pm

thisisstupid999

I wanted to change the Ramza chapter 1 sprite to a sprite called Young Ramza Noble which I downloaded from this site under the download section. I went to "import SPR" and it said that sprite was too big (65536 is the new sprite and 45056 is the max). How can I change it to the sprite I want?

GeneralStrife

thisisstupid999

Never heard of that. How do I do that?

By the way, since this usually makes a difference, I use the PSP version.

GeneralStrife

<.< yeah that makes a difference, but unfortunately i know nothing about the psp version.

thisisstupid999

No one here does, and it's so much better than the PSX one! Ugh...

RolyTunedIn

use the latest shishi. it extends your iso automatically

ffta707

Also, for future reference, The extended ISO is a PPF patch, that can be downloaded here: http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=13. It can be installed with PPF - O - Matic, which can be downloaded here: http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=12.

Also, the psp version is not better. The tremendous slowdown during abilities nearly makes the game unplayable. But that is only my opinion.

thisisstupid999

What's the link to the latest Shishi download?

ffta707

It's in the forums somewhere. I'm not sure. I'll look around.

Kagebunji

You know, this site has pretty much everything you need. Search main more often people

http://www.ffhacktics.com/downloads.php
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Kage the latest version isn't on the main though. 457 is on the main. I provided that link above, but It is 457.

Kagebunji

I use this version all the time, and it is more than good enough. There is no need for searching newer ones, I quarantee you there won't be any problems.

ffta707

I love the old one. I have never used the new one actually. The old one is awesome two.

Jon

Isn't 457 pretty much the standard? I mean newer ones may have improved features, but 457 is what I use and I'm happy...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

457 is what most have, including me, and I love it. It's so easy to use, and makes everything so much quicker. I remember importing them on my own a long time ago.

thisisstupid999

457 is what I have, but it doesn't extend my ISO, as you put it. If you could please tell me how to do it, it would be much apreciated.

By the way, are there any glitches with Shishi? Such as weird, random sprites showing up in your party roster or anything like that? I ask this because Lion Editor does that all the time, which is one of the reasons I dislike it.

Jon

To extend your iso, open up the iso in Shishi, it will give you a message like "you must extend your iso first". I think thats how you extend it, well at least for the PSX version...hope that helped...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Extending ISO is nothing ShiShi can do. You must download extend iso.ppf file from the main(look at link I gave earlier). Then download ppf-o-matic, open it. In O-Matic open ISO, then select Extend ISO patch, and apply. Just tell me, what are you playing that you need extend ISO?

thisisstupid999

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Extending ISO is nothing ShiShi can do. You must download extend iso.ppf file from the main(look at link I gave earlier). Then download ppf-o-matic, open it. In O-Matic open ISO, then select Extend ISO patch, and apply. Just tell me, what are you playing that you need extend ISO?
I'm trying to put in some of the sprites from this website, but they're too large, and I can't do any of what you said, because I have the PSP version.

Quote from: "Jon"To extend your iso, open up the iso in Shishi, it will give you a message like "you must extend your iso first". I think thats how you extend it, well at least for the PSX version...hope that helped...
Once again, I cannot do that due to me having the PSP version. You cannot restructure the ISO via Shishi when you have the PSP version, at least not at this time. It even says so in the Shishi text file that comes with the 457 package.

Kagebunji

Extend ISO patch works for both PSP and PSX, if you cannot patch it, then you screwed something up. And make sure your FFT is ISO file, not CSO.