• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Sprite] Matoya, The Sorceress

Started by R999, July 11, 2010, 04:01:09 am

R999

The soulmate of Pisces Mateus. A legendary Sorceress -- a Witch they say, Matoya is a woman full of mysteries.

R12

R10

^Thanks to Twinees for pointing out the unused pink.

R8, R6

Notes

First of all, I am not even sure if she will be fighting as a Sorceress in the actual game, which kind of demotivates me from spending too much time on this sprite itself.

Secondly, any kind of helmet design just has fallen flat so far because of the way FFT faces are shaped (no nose, no lips, only 2 pixels of skin). Hat designs just make her look kind of nerdy or like a generic.  And no, definitely not going with the BlackMage style eyes.

R999

A much more refined look, check out R12, R10 (main post). Those dark purple eyebrows? They are makeup.

Zozma

i know shes probably not a priority but that particular dress base probably needs a break, i do like the most recent version of the hair tho
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

Yes, what do you suggest? Reis perhaps?

Zozma

have you used the male summoner cape for anyting? i saw someone working on teen titans "raven" and used that cape on a female, it actually looked good tho the front would definately need different legs and a more female shape up top.

and what about that other concept sprite that had the female summoner cape, as a mage type this would be a more apropriate place. reis dress is certainly nice as well, however.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I really like her hair, but that pixel on her forehead seems too big, erase one.

Kagebunji

And same issue as Meliadoul, too bright whites, darken them a little.