• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:50 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Sprite] Anastasia "Tiamat", The Dragon Knight & Czar

Started by R999, June 24, 2010, 03:33:21 am

Archael

hmm

tough call

black is over-used

but green looks dull as hell on that sprite

R999

Applied glowing eyes on the green one as well, but the glow is not as realistic as it is only using 2 colors as opposed to 3.

Kagebunji

Like I said to you on chat, one of these should be chosen

And I told you that when you erase whites it will be "boring"(Anastasia) :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Archael

that light teal dragon with red eyes looks pretty good on it's own, but dont know how it'd fit standing next to her

R999

@Kage: Hmm, I fail to see how those simple recolors compare to the ones that I have done. They have poor color reduction (lost shading detail), no color correction (balance, etc), [s:2qhtw4cw]no color divide between fangs and body skin[/s:2qhtw4cw], and lacking the glowing effect on their eyes. In contrast comparing with other monsters in the game, these ones all look heavily undersaturated. There's a good reason why Black was chosen for Czar (as he is the Black Dragon in all the FF games as well as for color optimization purposes, as blacks and greys can be shared easily).

At any rate, the Hydra with the best color combination that matches Anastasia best should be the one chosen for Czar for aesthetic reasons.

Zozma

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Black, because the yellow reptilian underbelly looks realistic and I like the green glow.
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

QuoteLijj: Black! by a long shot

Zodiac: the black one looks more realistic (as far as dragons go)

Eternal: Black. He's supposed to be intimidating. Why do you think corporate people wear black? It gives them an aura. Besides, Green reminds me too much of the generic Dragon.

Hmm... looks like this is settled then.

Archael

QuoteEternal: Black. He's supposed to be intimidating. Why do you think corporate people wear black? It gives them an aura.

lol

yeah go 4 black