• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:29:20 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Complete: A grognard's journey.

Started by woodenbandman, December 11, 2009, 08:03:12 pm

woodenbandman

December 18, 2009, 11:07:35 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Well it's irrelevant because the actual name is "silked" robe. : /

Dominic NY18

December 18, 2009, 11:28:12 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Yeah, the "silked" robe was my fault...

*runs away*

woodenbandman

December 21, 2009, 10:37:10 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Ok guys I'm thinking that I should play through this game 1 entire time to experience the entire new story before I resume this criticism. It's really cutting into my enjoyment of the story, so I'm going to just zoom through it and experience what it has to offer, then resume this project.

LastingDawn

A shame... I really liked your little gripes with the translation, mainly because I hate the name Gragoroth, but I love his new text, he comes across as intelligent and well spoken, in comparison to many other commoner's speech. Also he seems to have pity and turns out sympathetic all in all. I think the point of "May heaven help..." was very well put, it was left ambiguous if he was referring to the fallen Tietra or himself, or perhaps both. Also the "Father" line was in reference to Fara who is basically the G-o-d of the Glabados Faith. Gafgarion I feel in this translation comes off classy but even more cold then the original, which I feel does not fit his character exactly.

Also I loved Cheetah's thoughts on Ramza's personality shift in Chapter 1. It makes a great deal more sense. Also you do really feel for Wiegraf in this translation, though I think he really stands out from his PSX self in his second fight, since he can't really be called Wiegraf in the third fight, since he is Wiegraf/Belias. Also as they said earlier, there might be a few reasons why Zalbaag is Lord Zalbaag and Dycedarg is simply Dycedarg. Keep in mind that Dycedarg is just an Aide-de Camp to Duke Larg, that's his official post. Zalbaag however is the leader of the Order of the Northern Sky Knights, which is definitely worthy of the title of "Lord".

Also yes... Duke Larg comes off as much less deceitful in this translation. Duke Larg seems lead along by poor advice at every turn (sort of like Iago and Othello, in a way).
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!