• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

@ramzasotherbrother Wow...thanks xD
@Kaelum Sadly...no
I dislike the PSP version, and I won't work on that version...sorry :-(

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kaelum

Quote from: Dome on April 29, 2011, 08:34:17 pm
@ramzasotherbrother Wow...thanks xD
@Kaelum Sadly...no
I dislike the PSP version, and I won't work on that version...sorry :-(

aww i really liked 1.3 on war of the lions..too bad i can't play this.. :cry: but still a great work your doing here.

Pierce

I have an idea, whether or not it's easy (or possible) to implement, I'm not sure. I also don't know if it's something you want in this patch, but anyways...

What if instead of undead units having 50% revive / 50% crystalize, they instead die and turn into crappy ghosts. A new class could be made for this, with a custom sprite. The idea being that this new ghost they become is really crappy, maybe it just has a weak physical attack or something. Maybe this is something someone wants to look into?
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Dome

While I love undeads, they already have some huge flaws (Phoenix down, potions, white magic harms them HARD, the inabilty to reliabily resurrect them) and that would only make them worse...

Pierce

I just realized I didn't explain my idea well. I meant undead becoming ghosts 50% of the time, and the other 50% they fully revive. It was meant as a buff for undead.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Dome

I see
But I don't know if it's possible/worth the effort, to be honest...

MysticKnightFF5

Just ask FDC to do it, he always runs head first into fun shit like this :P

Eternal

You say that as though he's not already doing a million other things...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MysticKnightFF5

Hey, I was banned from IRC, like hell I know what anybody on here is doing.

Dome

Eternal

Take a page from what I'm doing for Parted Ways. Copy ENTDs of previous story battles, paste them in an area later in the game while adjusting the names/sprite sets so they're generic characters.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 05, 2011, 04:42:28 am
Take a page from what I'm doing for Parted Ways. Copy ENTDs of previous story battles, paste them in an area later in the game while adjusting the names/sprite sets so they're generic characters.
?

Eternal

Like the example I gave on the PW board. Make an ENTD that features and Angel of Death, 2 Knights, and 3 Skeletons in Dolboldar Swamp after the battle with Zalera in Limberry. But do that with each story battle in a different area, so it'd be like fighting the story battle again, without the events and special characters. Kinda make more sense now?

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 05, 2011, 06:23:38 am
Like the example I gave on the PW board. Make an ENTD that features and Angel of Death, 2 Knights, and 3 Skeletons in Dolboldar Swamp after the battle with Zalera in Limberry. But do that with each story battle in a different area, so it'd be like fighting the story battle again, without the events and special characters. Kinda make more sense now?

Yes, it does :-)
That could work for special battles, thanks for the suggestion :-)

But...this topic is about "Normal" randoms, and which monsters should be present on each spot

Eternal

Ah, sorry. I thought you were interested in filling it with some human battles as well. Doguola can be Dragons, Germinas can be Avians, I suppose. Bed Desert can be a combination of Behemoths and Bombs.

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 05, 2011, 07:10:26 am
Ah, sorry. I thought you were interested in filling it with some human battles as well. Doguola can be Dragons, Germinas can be Avians, I suppose. Bed Desert can be a combination of Behemoths and Bombs.

Thanks, I'll add your suggestions to the list :-)

Wildcard

Maybe I'm missing how to do this, though I did check some of the posts; is there a way to combine the FFT Complete and FFT 1.4 patches? I'd like to get the less old-fashioned translation if at all possible.

Dome

I think it's possible, but...
1) If you want to do so, I suggest you to wait for the next official 1.4 release (It will fix/implement a lot of stuff)
2) I suggest you to learn how to do it...because I don't plan on doing such a thing (I hate the WOTG translation)

Samuraiblackbelt

Hey Dome, is there a description for 1.4 I can use for a video description on Youtube?

Like the one I had Koko make me for my CoP videos:
''A complete patch for FFT that goes beyond editing classes: It edits the story, events, and even maps. This little gem of hacking will make your dreams come true and give you a whole new sense of challenge and discovery as you follow Gospel the rebel and two other heroes along their personnal quest... Their answer to the Call of Power."
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."