• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:37:12 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on March 09, 2011, 05:47:08 pm
Dome, you should change the title to : Overpowered/underpowered items/abilities xD

Anyway, i saw quite a lot of black chocobos using Choco ball, and...OMG it almos never work, i see the sucess rate is like 8%-28%.
Give it at less about 50% chance, at it is now, you have like 1/5 chance to waste a turn...this is quite bad.

Chocobos got a higher MA multiplier/Growth
Next release will implement this

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

GeneralStrife

Dome, what makes sense is special sprites for rad alicia and lavian like The remix did.
Also the two new classes need new sprites.

Dome

GeneralStrife

Then nothing else is needed.....someones preference of the ramza sprite is up to them, they can just switch it out themselves, to the kid that requested brown armor ramza, anyone can do recolors.

EpicSolidSnake

Alright dome, i im almos at the end of your patch guess it is time to do a quick review xD (And a few sugestions)

It was too easy(For me at less) at chapiter 1, ok for 2 had a few hard spot on 3, but easy overall. 4 was easy really, till i get to the celia+lede+elmdor fight.
Oh my god it was hard...took quite alot of tries.
I must say i was very lucky to have won that match with no troble cause i managed to kill
celia and lede on my frist turn using ninjas, and did crirical hits on em...yeah...lol.

The fight after was aslo hard because of those knight using Night and Dark sword to screw me over.

Anyway, I found ramza skillset to be very userfull, lots of userfull skills to heal,revive,buff and once you learn ultima, you have the *Red warrior* skill set, good for anything, anytime!*(Warrior version)

Still, theres one skill i did not use much, *HoldTheLine!*
Unless ramza got the lowest speed, it is hard to use it proprely.

Maybe making it add Defend,Protect,Shell? (Just kidding xD)
But if the +25% def wen defending ASM was in, it could be much more userfull.

I aslo noticed it is very hard to have MP now that monk can't use chacram on others anymore.
I had lots of MP problem in the begining because the shops starts selling em very late...
Could you make em avalable at the mid of chapiter 1?

Ohhh! I see great stuff!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Change his support skill...or esle, YOU WILL DIE!  :evil:

Anyway, im finished. maybe id try the DD later.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Dome

I've might have found a way to make the battles a little harder adding a small element of randomness...but it will require a crapload of work, and progress is slowed down because I acquired my new pokemon black version <3

Barren

So far the best fight I recorded.....holy crap THIS was fun

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dome

SWFFT

So, how exactly does the difficulty of this patch compare to 1.3 (just finished 1.3, so I'm used to that level of difficulty/challenge at the moment)? I've been reading that 1.4 is generally easy for the most part and its the side-quests that are still challenging (in which case it seems cumbersome to have to make it almost all the way through Chapter 4 before you get to any challenging battles...)? Lastly...what was the rationale for removing Move +2/3 & Teleport? :(

Dome

1.4 is cake compared to 1.3
1.3 is meant for veteran players of FFT, 1.4 is meant to be played by everyone (Even someone who never played FFT at all)
Difficulty doesn't skyrocket at the beginning of chapter 4, it slowly increase during the whole game (And the DD will be VERY hard)
Move +2/3 have been removed for balancing purpose, because no one almost used anything else than move +3 and Teleport
P.s: Remember that 1.4 is still under developing (Even if fully playable)

Sylpheed

Quote from: Dome on March 17, 2011, 05:45:46 am
Move +2/3 have been removed for balancing purpose, because no one almost used anything else than move +3 and Teleport
P.s: Remember that 1.4 is still under developing (Even if fully playable)

I think the logic here is kind of flawed. While those are popular movement skills to set for general purposes, other movement skills were more useful in certain situations even in 1.3. Removing them is just going to make people overuse the next best general movement skill.

I don't think either of these skills are unbalanced, and removing them doesn't really promote variety.

Dome

Quote from: Sylpheed on March 17, 2011, 08:25:57 am
I think the logic here is kind of flawed. While those are popular movement skills to set for general purposes, other movement skills were more useful in certain situations even in 1.3. Removing them is just going to make people overuse the next best general movement skill.

I don't think either of these skills are unbalanced, and removing them doesn't really promote variety.

Teleport is not unbalanced? I suggest you to think again...

Gotwald

If it is possible, Move-MP up should be made easier to obtain in the game, considering that MP is hard enough to come by in chapter one and the reason you choose move +1 or +2 over other moves is because they are easier to get.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Dome

Well, considering that black magic is almost broken in chapter 1, not being able to spam it sounds good to me...don't you agree?

Arganthonius7

For some reason, I can't seem to download from dome's download link.
Can someone post a direct link?
Thanking you in advance.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

4look4rd

Hello,

I made an account to just report something that I think is ridiculously overpowered.  Cats.

They have a ranged ability that causes stop/don't act/don't move.  While at first I thought this would be interesting and make the game challenging, it makes low level (first chapter) ridiculous and at times impossible.  My very first random fight was against 5 cats that started literary right next to me.  Such fights should not be allowed, especially in the first chapter.

Please consider nerfing this ability or at least limiting the number of random cats to 2 or 3 max (3 cats in the beginning of the game would already be boarding impossible, since you only have access to basic classes).  You should also take into consideration the fact that generics now have high faith, which makes cats have a 80-90% chance of causing those stats.  In my opinion the poison attack from vanilla was fine as it was (give it range perhaps), but giving such high end spell for a basic creature is just too much.

Dome

Pounce % isn't based on faith, is just a MA+X % (And evadable as well)...
Anyway hit % will be nerfed a bit in the next release, don't worry :-)

P.s: Thanks for the feedback, feel free to report more :-)

4look4rd

I've also noticed that Chakra is limited to caster only and that Move MP up has been removed (or perhaps just moved to another class).  I can see how spell casting was overpowered in vanilla but it would be nice if there was a way to recover MP (other than the MP drain spell).  A good example would be providing shops with eithers since they recover only 20 or 50MP (which is not very much)

dinosaur

Quote from: 4look4rd on March 19, 2011, 07:09:31 pm
I've also noticed that Chakra is limited to caster only and that Move MP up has been removed (or perhaps just moved to another class).  I can see how spell casting was overpowered in vanilla but it would be nice if there was a way to recover MP (other than the MP drain spell).  A good example would be providing shops with eithers since they recover only 20 or 50MP (which is not very much)

Charka has zero vertical meaning the person next to the caster HAS to be on same height (or flat surface) to be able to get the charka effect.

The reason MP move up is removed because there is a huge way to cheat with it. If a character has MP switch and MP move up then it is very difficult to kill the unit because it keeps regaining MP and if someone tries to hit the unit it will always take the MP way and not HP. It is best used for physical attackers. Honestly, MP should NOT be a problem. Magical characters grow enough MP and there are a lot of equipments that can give you a lot of MP. For example, robes or golden hairpin.