• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:01:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Barren

The holy water item for some reason doesn't get rid of blood suck :(

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dome

metaphist

Definitely going to try this out soon, but I'm not quite understanding "martial arts" being removed. What exactly does that leave the Monk?

Dome

Well, monks with innate martial arts and a proper set-up can do so much damage that they can make every other attacker useless xD
Anyway, glad you are going to play 1.4 :-)
Let us know if you enjoyed it!

GeneralStrife

Now monk is only good when he has abilities including martial arts, makes monk less OP

Barren

i poached a lot of uribos/porkies/wildbows in chapter 2....when chapter 3 starts and i enter the fur shop....i get nothing.....is it RNG or is it that the monsters you poach in chapter 2 don't count until chapter 3?

Dome

Quote from: Barren on March 04, 2011, 06:29:23 pm
i poached a lot of uribos/porkies/wildbows in chapter 2....when chapter 3 starts and i enter the fur shop....i get nothing.....is it RNG or is it that the monsters you poach in chapter 2 don't count until chapter 3?

TBH...I don't know
NEver bothered with poaching before chapter 3

Barren

Dome

Quote from: Barren on March 04, 2011, 07:43:22 pm
PSX

This
Working on a psp version would require me to start from scratch, doubling the time required...and I hate the psp version xD

EpicSolidSnake

1.Gafgarion can be killed using instant death skills, (Agrias Killed him with Crush Punch and gafgarion had full HP)

It was in the save Ovelia fight.

Is thats supposed to hapend?

2. The Pisco Demon description,(or his element weakeness) is worng. There are supposed to be weak vs lighting, i do 20 damage with ice 1, 25 with Thunder 1, and 47 form fire 1.

I must note i was using a flame rod, but i dont think it matters, Thunder should do more damage that that...unless the description form that moster is worng somehow.

3. Some texts errors.
In the job ring, if you press select on the lancer, it says you need lv4 thief to unlock it. But i have it unlocked aleardy and my thief level is only at 3.
same thing about the Geomancer, saying you need lv4 monk, but my monk is lv 3 and i can use geomancer.
Aslo, the ninja one is worng too...i think it is better to look over em all one by one somehow...there might be more.

4. Other one...

5. Esuna cancel the bad and GOOD status effects...?

6. That ghost(Yellow one) turned me into UNDEAD at 100% sucess rate...youch :P
But...by looking at his skill description, it was supposed to be *Berserk* not *Undead*...
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Dome

Thanks a lot for posting them :-)
All the bugs listed so far have been fixed :-)

athropos

Hey man, I registered to post on this thread because I had some stuff to say.

First of all, your patch is pretty great. The Red Mage class is awesome. It's so cool that I don't want to play any other FFT mod that doesnt have it. I like pretty much all of the changes you made. I love everything about it except for one major thing, it seems to be way too easy. I skimmed through some of the playthrough videos by dinosaur and uh, that other guy and I was really sad to see that enemies have the old terrible skillsets from vanilla FFT. Many enemies have no secondary skillset equiped, or no movement, or no reaction, whichever. To me that is unnaceptable. I really hate the insanely derpy of 1.3 and I think easytype is spot on. In easytype, the other teams tend to be crafted in a way that makes sense, that is synergetic. You can feel like a human has thought about it and crafted each character that you fight against. However, in hardtype 1.3, this is taken to an extreme quantity of arbitrary bullshit. I like to be equal to my opponnents. Now sadly in 1.4 I'm not tempted at all to invest myself in it because I know that, as an experienced player that is not completely retarded, I will absolutely anihilate the main game like I did with vanilla many times 10 years ago.

I'd basically let you bear my children if you somehow managed to keep the encounters consistent with 1.3 easytype while having the red mage class around. Or better yet, tell me how to incorporate red mage Rad in a easytype 1.3 ppf or a patched iso. I can't make heads or tails of how you did it by opening the patched iso in FFTpatcher. I can grasp some stuff but I can't even export the badass sprites or find which class you modified.

Dome

Well...how to put it simply...
This patch is still in progress xD
Ever enemy is going to get a secondary skillset, a reaction and a movement ability...and remember, this is chapter 1, for a patch meant to be played by ANYONE (Even someone who never touched FFT)
So, chapter 1 is like a "Big tutorial", and must be easy
Chapter 2/3/4 will be harder (Chapter 4 is similar to 1.3's...xD)

EpicSolidSnake

More Bugs!  :mrgreen:

1.Prayer don't even do anything, all i get is 00% sucess rate...
Tried using it but all i get is *Missed!*

2. Gafgarion hacked himself!  :lol:
Yep, gafgarion knows red magic now...keep using ice,raise and stuff.  :roll:

3. Move +1 is on Squire AND thief.

4. The magic gloves accecory is obselete, it gives only +1MA and the wizard mantle give +1MA AND evade. The magic gloves is totally useless now by the time you get it.

5. PLEASE do us a favor and remove the Axe form the Mediator form the Save olan fight...he actually managed to one shot Olan with over 280 of damage... :evil:

Dome

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on March 06, 2011, 04:10:45 pm
Fixed all them bar the number 1, I dont understand why it doesn't work...

After cheaking the formula you used, i aslo can't see wy it cause this.
Maybe the formula is hard coded or something?

Anyway, since the formula don't work like it should be,we could use the same formula that the cure spells uses.
Giving it the same power that cure 1 has and reduce the MP cost to 16.

It would be like an instant cure 1 but cost x2 more MP since it is instant?

EDIT : If this formula MUST add a status to work proprely, is that possible to add *Evil looking* ? Has far i know this don't do anything. (If im worng tell me...)

RavenOfRazgriz

Which Formula/Flag setup was used?

The Raise/Death formulae must always inflict their status to work, and must always be trying to inflict one,  If you're trying to use the Raise formula for a healing spell, make it All or Nothing Inflict the top status on the list in FFTPatcher.  Using Dark/Evil Looking results in an animation error, and disabling and using Wall messes the AI.