• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: The Damned on February 21, 2011, 08:29:52 pm

If any class is broken, it's still Monk.

Monk could be changed to an other warrior class with new skills....of course most people likes using Monks so i don't think it will hapends, even for balancing issues.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

GeneralStrife

I second that. Change monk to....paladin or crusader or something.
Balancing monk is retardedly hard, I stand by the fact that they are ridiculously OP and a broken class.

Dome

Quote from: dinosaur on February 21, 2011, 06:23:42 pm
The typo says Bravi 2 (suppose to be Gravi2)

Did you notice the oracle in my video? Whats up with that?

(Thank you for fixing the AI elixirs, I like to save them and the AI just think they are like potions XD)

I used the Undead Oracle class to make Boco

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

About the dancer-bard classes, I can do the same that Phil did for ASM'D...Combine them into a single class (That can use the abilties for both classes) and make the skill hit 5-6 panels around them instead of targeting the whole map

About monks...they won't be changed to another class, but they will be nerfed (Removing Martial arts innate and reworking his skills)

P.s: I still think that the red mage skillset I posted is VERY useful...but I don't think it will be implemented...Blue mage will probably make it in

P.p.s: There are formulas that make possible the necromancer class...(Only-for dragons formula can be used on undeads if the undeads are the only monster flagged as dragons in the game...that would require removing them from Reis, However...)

Lucifer_zero

Now i have to agreed with Raven, making Red MAge as you want it only taking one space for a Job that have skill from other Jobs when you could be doing a new one.

But you still can turn one special character into some sort of Red Mage.

Monk
I wih that was a way to make a job have innate only WHEN LVL8, that Way the you can easily remove MArtial as innate, but what i think that monk really need is strength nerf, making their PA multiplier low ( they should became HP tanks )

About Bard and Dancers, they are both broken in some aspect, but still, i think that is a really good ideia from FFT creator to make two classes that are opposite each other, and more, Dancers are PA focused, and Bards are MA focused, whenever they gender are focused on the other stats. My point is, if you want to remove one of they, why not remove they both and make 2 new classes that still folow this mechanic.

And if you keep both, changing they skill to 6 range is good, but even better is to put MP cost too

One more thing i´ve always trought, why not make summons more powerfull and fast than Wizards magic, but with a HUGE MP cost, and summoner not only having the most MP multiplier, but Half MP innate ( AND ONLY THEY ), this is to reflect the fact that summoners are the one who make pacts
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Dome

I'm working on a new release, which will fix all the bugs listed so far, and will change some item attribute here and there (Also, Elixir shouldn't be usable anymore by the AI)
Nothing big, Yet

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Dome on February 22, 2011, 05:36:47 amP.s: I still think that the red mage skillset I posted is VERY useful...but I don't think it will be implemented...Blue mage will probably make it in

No one said the skillset wouldn't be useful.  The argument is that it's redundant.  There's a big difference there.  Again, see something as simple as a Geomancer with either White or Time Magic.  That's 99% a Red Mage right there, Geomancy playing the role of low level Black Magic, the secondary covering the support aspect of things, and the class' equipment and multipliers covering the mixed warrior base.  The entire argument is that Red Mage is a redundant class under your current schema and FFT's design makes such versatility within a single set completely unnecessary.

EpicSolidSnake

Say dome, will you change the monsters in the game somehow?
Cause id like to do an LP of your demo and only use monsters for most of the game. (Low-mid levels)

Cause i like using monsters AND id try to find imbalance for em.

Tell me if your gonna change a few of em before i do it. If so id wait a bit.

Ah...the LP will be in french (..yes...im french.. :roll:)
No worries, id take the time to translate em, no troble here.

Oh yeah...what program do you use dinosaur?
Just wondering.

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 22, 2011, 08:59:41 pm
No one said the skillset wouldn't be useful.  The argument is that it's redundant.  There's a big difference there.  Again, see something as simple as a Geomancer with either White or Time Magic.  That's 99% a Red Mage right there, Geomancy playing the role of low level Black Magic, the secondary covering the support aspect of things, and the class' equipment and multipliers covering the mixed warrior base.  The entire argument is that Red Mage is a redundant class under your current schema and FFT's design makes such versatility within a single set completely unnecessary.

This.

We want a class that don't do what the other classes aleardy does...something more unique will be more fun overall.

But yeah, id take Blue Mage anyday. But if we chose that class, what skills it can learn...?

Oh course most of us have a general idia about this, *Goblin punch* *Self Destruct* *White wind*(Could change the choco cure skill to white wind or something) *Big guard* would be a weaker version of the Mbarrier,could work like ramza stream skill,but can be used on others units.) and maybe even the melt,Quake and tournado spells. (I love those effects, too bad you never really see em normally...i never saw em in vanilia...untill i find this site years ago.)

But...what about chocobo meteor/esuna, or even some of the skills the trees have? Or maybe even Triple thunder and Dark Holy? (Okay...maybe a bit too much OP i agree)
Theres so much skills that could fit for blue mage...really.

Beside...the blue mage class will gives you more reison to invite monsters on your team...and using monster skill and try that hidden skill,maybe it will be useless....or maybe you will see an great skill to learn.

If you even made the blue mage, id be sure to try it out and test it for ya.
Id aslo use monsters to compare the skills form the blue mage and the original monster having it, to see whats OP or UP.

The Damned

No, you can't have Self-Destruct on a Blue Mage in FFT unless you make revival EXTREMELY hard in your patch. And I'm saying this as someone who gave my Blue Mages (a nerfed) Bad Breath when people tend to think that's overpowered.

It's way too easy to abuse Self-Destruct, especially on a human and with Phoenix Downs still around.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: The Damned on February 23, 2011, 01:33:48 am
No, you can't have Self-Destruct on a Blue Mage in FFT unless you make revival EXTREMELY hard in your patch. And I'm saying this as someone who gave my Blue Mages (a nerfed) Bad Breath when people tend to think that's overpowered.

It's way too easy to abuse Self-Destruct, especially on a human and with Phoenix Downs still around.

Most of the blue magic skills will probably have a CT anyway.
Try using self destruct at low HP with a charge speed of 20...very hard to pull off before an enemy throw a stone and kill you mid charge.
Many enemies have ranged attacks anyway, so i don't think you will be able to use it that much anyway. Even Reraise may not help that much.

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 23, 2011, 12:24:27 am
Say dome, will you change the monsters in the game somehow?
Cause id like to do an LP of your demo and only use monsters for most of the game. (Low-mid levels)

Cause i like using monsters AND id try to find imbalance for em.

Tell me if your gonna change a few of em before i do it. If so id wait a bit.

Ah...the LP will be in french (..yes...im french.. :roll:)
No worries, id take the time to translate em, no troble here.

Oh yeah...what program do you use dinosaur?
Just wondering.

Monsters have already been changed:
Every monster of the same family has the same stat, and the abilities have been modified to make them useful
Every monster tier is worth using, and not outclassed
Btw, I'm still balancing the stats of the monsters, so I suggest to wait before you record a monster-only challenge

Dome

Blue mage spells will have a MP cost, depending on the skill
Self-destruct won't be part of the skillset

P.s: Guys, what do you think about the idea of turning Rad, Alicia and Lavian into special characters?

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 23, 2011, 04:42:25 am
Guys, what do you think about the idea of turning Rad, Alicia and Lavian into special characters?

This will give me a reison to NOT ban em out right away after i get em...i always unequip em and use Ramza's ban hammer on em usally.
Good idia, maybe there could be worth the 3 slots there using....for once.

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 23, 2011, 04:41:06 am
Monsters have already been changed:
Every monster of the same family has the same stat, and the abilities have been modified to make them useful
Every monster tier is worth using, and not outclassed
Btw, I'm still balancing the stats of the monsters, so I suggest to wait before you record a monster-only challenge

Alright.

Id wait after the next update or the one after that in that case.
Anyway, i am looking foward to help ya balance em. (I want em to match most humains character later in the game powerwise.)
I could aslo help with the monster skills, see if there is anything useles, OP or UP.

Anyway, after you did the balance to the monster stats frist id help ya.

Looking foward to help ya later on.

Dome

Ok, buffed the MA of the time mage a little...
Now, every class should have a reason to be used

Thanks to everyone who helped me!
^_^

Scearcely

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 23, 2011, 06:58:12 am
This will give me a reison to NOT ban em out right away after i get em...i always unequip em and use Ramza's ban hammer on em usally.
Good idia, maybe there could be worth the 3 slots there using....for once.

seconded, rad lavian and alicia have never fought in anything but the intro battle for me, though i will miss the free money from stealing their gear  :)

Dome

I was thinking about turning Rad into a Red mage, TBH
Dunno about Alicia and Lavian...any idea?

The Damned

Although I too have thought of (and am still thinking of) turning Rad into a Red Mage (different from yours), I would say that you can probably do better considering you're keeping other things relatively the same.

Honestly not sure what to do with Alicia and Lavian since I'm not even using them. Sorry.

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 23, 2011, 03:59:57 am
Most of the blue magic skills will probably have a CT anyway.
Try using self destruct at low HP with a charge speed of 20...very hard to pull off before an enemy throw a stone and kill you mid charge.
Many enemies have ranged attacks anyway, so i don't think you will be able to use it that much anyway. Even Reraise may not help that much.

20 CT? ...Are you serious? Even Meteor doesn't charge for that long. Congrats. Self-Destruct goes from potentially overpowered and braindead to completely worthless and taking up space. (It forces you to give Bombs Non-Charge, otherwise Bombs suck completely then.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

Well, there is no way to make Rad, Alicia and Lavian useful without turning them into something special...
At the beginning of chapter 2, very few people will use them instead of the generics they already recruited, and they will just be recruited, stripped and removed from the party...
Think about Boco: Even if he isn't broken, gives the player a reason to keep him around