• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pride

Just a few nit picks.

The Lancer and Monks have identical multipliers, I would suggest nerfing the monk a bit (3 for Sp or HP perhaps?). The Squire and Sage, again, have identical multipliers. Maybe switch the Sage slightly to be more biased towards the magic side of the board? The Oracle is a buff Priest, nothing worse but has a higher MP/MA in comparison. I'm not sure if this is intentional. The Time Mage has fairly low multipliers, again, I'm not sure if this is intentional because of how strong the skill set is but they could stand to be the "fast" mage class with an increase in Speed.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

GeneralStrife

Yeah I ment wizard versus priest I dunno why I didn't put it. And I hear ya.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Scearcely

personally would drop lancer to a 2 hp* and bump sam to a 4(assuming you're nerfing/dropping bladegrasp as is standard)

lancers are a heavy armor class, with 0 native need for MA-therefore would never be in robes- whose ability(jump) makes them invincible for significant stretches of time.  now compounding that with the 2nd highest hp and they might be the best tank class, a role that should go to knights.

samurai on the other hand have very limited defense options(the reason the devs gave them that broken bladegrasp to begin with).  but most importantly their skill is MA based necessitating robes and/or ma+ accessories to get the most out of it, potentially taking them out of their heavy armor.

time mage seems low, but its probably necessary to keep haste/meteor/short charge under control, making mid-game harder(while your learning the skills) to make end easier(when you can use it as a sub skill on oracle)

geo/sam MA is high, which brings me to an overall note.  It seems that you used mp nerfs more than MA nerfs to differentiate mage classes vs physical classes and you can't really do that.  the way the gear system works mp/hp from gear obliterate mp/hp from modifiers unless its a massive difference(basically a 1 to 4 comparison here)  once the 3rd robe unlocks its extremely rare for mp concerns to ever affect strategy.

obviously certain physical classes need ma(geo/sam/hopefully ninja**) but really no physical class should have higher than a 3 MA and no other mage should be as low as the 3 time mage should have

*lancers traditionally had a high modifier because their tree was all low hp growth classes with the exclusion of knight,  playing it straight(no jp grinding tricks) a lancer would have significantly less hp than an equivalent tier class due to all that time in archer/thief.

** best use of ninja I've seen is the ffxi/infused type, ditching throw for magic attacks+status, and differentiating ninja swords by having them give ma(daggers gave speed), keeping in a throw shuriken move just for tradition.

Dome

Thanks for the post :-) Lot of stuff
Anyway
1) While I agree with you about the lancer nerf, 2 in HP seems low...3 will do
2) The whole mp stuff is right in the vanilla version, but I plan to rework the mp costs / bonuses granted by items, so MP *will* be important

I've modified the chart with some of the changes you proposed...looks better now?
P.s: Remember that not only stats are considered to balance classes

Kaijyuu

Just curious: is it going to be one patch, or will there be more than one of varying difficulty levels (like a "normal, hard, and insane" difficulty).
  • Modding version: PSX

dinosaur

I cannot find it in the logs, but I didn't you remove elixirs for enemies?

Zaen

I'm sure the whole point of this was to not have "normal, hard, and insane" difficulty, but one that has aspects that suit each player. Or something like that.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Dome

The whole idea behind the patch is to make a rebalanced version of ther game that both noobs and veterans can enjoy
The skills/jobs/monsters are rebalanced, the storyline fights will be easy (In order to make everyone able to gain confidence and understand how FFT plays) and the sub-quests and special battles (DD and colliery) will be hard, in order to give veteran players something to clash against :-)

Dinosaur: Someone used it against you? which fight?

Kagebunji

Soo many great names are already taken... IT is hard to pick some. I wil suggest two names you once suggested to Sean.

1.Ultimate Lolpatch
2.Revenge of the noob

Wich one you prefer?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

Quote from: Kagebunji on February 19, 2011, 06:46:07 am
Soo many great names are already taken... IT is hard to pick some. I wil suggest two names you once suggested to Sean.

1.Ultimate Lolpatch
2.Revenge of the noob

Wich one you prefer?

Lol, good old times over the IRC...
But please, stay serious here...shit like that goes into the spam section, not here

philsov

150 multiplier is just too high in general for PA, MA, or speed and makes for some major imbalances, especially early on.  See below.  135 SPM, similarly, is just flat out too good. 

Knight speed:  1-99 = 5 to 8
Ninja speed: 1-99 = 9 to 14

A level 1 ninja will have more speed than a level 99 knight. 

Here's a spreadsheet:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1737.20

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kill_Bones

Can't think of a decent name at the moment. All I know is it shouldn't be 1.4. 1.4 will be a definitive replacement of 1.3, and this isn't supposed to be that.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

dinosaur

Germinas Peak- the male ninja used he was he was reraised.

dinosaur

It is very 1.3 based, it is hard to come up with a unique name. I would say:

FFT Dome 1.3
-or-
FFT Heretic (this may be to extreme)

Sorry, I will keep on thinking and get back to you.

dinosaur

Also those ninja's have un-truth skills