• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:50:44 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 01, 2011, 11:34:51 pm
So you want to take a bunch of weapons no one cares about and apply the exact same idea to all four of them when that idea is already rather hard to make work?

C'mon Dome.

Yeah, I want to do that
We can make a custom formula for them, a formula that (For example) uses the level of the one who wields the weapon

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

The Damned

(Whoops. Posted that preemptively the first time.)

I haven't done anything related to FFT 1.3 since April, but I can't say that I like any of these changes outside of Mime becoming easier to get and maybe nerfing Monk.

• "Some Skillset Should Be Changed": Meh. As far as I'm concerned (and even as much as I hate Chemist), the only class that needed a complete class overhaul was Calculator/Sage/Whatever. As boring as they may be, Ninja, Archer and Lancer don't need to be changed. Hell, as boring as it is still is, Archer's Charge skillset has been much improved time-wise what with being able to get Charge +20s off reliably. I mean, yeah, in a perfect world, where we could keep Jump and Charge and Throw and add other, more interesting skills without having to completely overhaul the class, that'd be fine. However, it just seems like a lot less trouble to focus on other areas of why those skills are being outclassed (if they're being outclassed) than trying to start from scratch. (I mean, hell, hasn't Sage's changes been plagued by people complaining it's way too weak now?)

• Proposed Ninja Changes: Eh, I'd have to see the formula you'd use for Throw Shuriken before I could comment on that; it just sounds for something else to be abused via Speed Save right now. Smoke Bomb seems decent enough. Demystifier just seems like it's stepping on Oracle's toes, though, especially since no one really uses Dispel Magic as it is (as far as I'm aware).

• Proposed Archer Changes: Eh, I don't like "stealing" from Mustadio unless you could at least provide a solid idea of what his skills would be getting replaced with. That said, putting Seal Evil on a generic class (or, at least, a ranged one) seems like it's screwing over Undead even more when they're already still completely screwed by Item in most cases. Also, I don't think a formula exists for that "less damaging, more accurate" attack, unfortunately.

• Archer --> Hunter?: No. There's no formulas to support it. (At best, you could make Hunter a mini-Dragoner...with bows.) Also, Monster Skill kind of blows, so....

• Sage --> Necromancer?: No. Sage just needs some type of solution to the inadequacy of its current skillset--hell if I know what it is, though. It doesn't help that you can't even really do Necromancer. At present, it just ends up being "mage with Dark magic plus Zombie and maybe drain" with the formulas we have. Hell, with just the in-game formulas that we have to use, it wouldn't even really be a mage since the only stat that singular Undead-affecting formula uses is Speed. So Thieves and Ninja (and possible Archers and Priest) would likely end up being (slightly) better Necromancers than Necromancers. That or Necromancers would end up being speedy mages, which is kind of a problem with how spellcasters get killed mid-charge as it is (and it's not like you'd want to give them Innate Short Charge).

• Nerf Monk?: Probably. They're still able to do everything as long as Vertical doesn't screw them over and Martial Arts is still kind of inherently busted. Hell, they got buffed what with Spin Fist being actually usable now; you shouldn't weaken it again to nerf them, though. I figure if they get nerfed, it could probably be best to do so in their healing techniques. Stigma Magic kind of heals a lot of things for being instant and multi-hit and the same goes for Chakra, which is one of the few healing techniques that heal Undead. For starters, those could probably stand to just target the user or another (singular) person, not both.

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on January 01, 2011, 06:26:27 pm
The first is impossible? O.o

Affirmative, which is why Necromancer ultimately can't even be what one expects for the more popular understand of that term. (Not that Necromancer could match its classical definition in-battle either.)

The first ability is (currently) impossible because it asks for a Cancellation of status (Dead) at the same time that it asks for the Adding of status (Invite and Undead). There are additional problems, the primary one being unable to target Dead (or Petrified) units with any status outside of the cancellation of that status, so you can't even make a workaround of applying Undead to a corpse and going from there. Other additional problems are that you have absolutely no way to raise an Undead unit outside of chance and that the AI considers Undead a negative status, so they doubtless wouldn't apply it to allies unless Charm or Confused.

So...yeah.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dominic NY18

Quote from: Dome on January 01, 2011, 06:16:59 am
This is meant to be a community project, and the one I released is an Alpha demo, so, nothing is permanent
Give more specific suggestions for the names/skills and we will discuss them
P.s: Seems that the majority of ppl likes the Cadet -> Mercenary -> Heretic progression, so I don't think it will be changed for now...but who knows?

I...can't really be more specific about saying that his skillset name should remain the same if the skillset is mostly about buffing and supporting himself. "Leadership" just sounds generic. The only reasoning I see for it is because Ramza leads other people, but in that case, Cid's skillset can be called "Leadership."

I also can't be more specific about his job class name for the first chapter. He is a cadet, but he is also a squire. I never had a problem with him being called a squire after chapter 1 (because he's never knighted), but I thought it was only problematic that his chapter 2 and chapter 4 job classes are still called squire.

It's not a huge deal to me, despite how much I'm talking about though.

QuotePlease point them, because I don't see the problem...

To add on to what Pride said about the impression it gives, my biggest problem is how out of place your cameo is.

You don't see the problem with a 75 Brave/7 PA enemy w/Martial Arts as his support, Ignore Height for movement and some relatively advanced gear being in the first real battle? His physical attacks are pretty much instant death to whoever he targets.

QuoteEnemies will always be at your level, (Only bosses will be some level higher) and the enemy equipment in every fight (Random or storyline battle) will be the same you can buy in stores (Even if almost every battle will have at least 1 item worth stealing)
In this way, levelling won't punish you at all, you can't get LOLCRISTALMAIL at level 1, and steal will be still worth the slot

OK. Sounds good.

I'll actually have a chance to play it some more today, so I'll probably be giving more feedback soon.

Dome

I'm working on that
A lot of monsters will represent an element...they will absorb that element and be weak to the opposite
See the bomb family, for example

skiploom188

What if the axe's damages would never go below the given damage? Like the elemental guns? Is it possible?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Dome

Quote from: skiploom188 on January 03, 2011, 06:55:28 am
What if the axe's damages would never go below the given damage? Like the elemental guns? Is it possible?

Axes:
Dmg_[weapon] + 25% cast spell
How to edit weapon damage formula?

Dome

Little update, next demo will be up soon, it will feature some monster change and the whole chapter 2
After that, the work will be slowed down (Exams...)
Just to let you know

MysticKnightFF5

You should have axes increase in WP and have a strong level-based formula, but -1 speed

skiploom188

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on January 03, 2011, 09:36:18 pm
You should have axes increase in WP and have a strong level-based formula, but -1 speed

I was thinking about that one too, but I was too shy too suggest.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 03, 2011, 12:29:19 pm
You could use the custom Axe/Flail/Bag Formula in OrgASM...
OrgASM = intentional?
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dome

Together with my editing of 1.4, I'm working on a guide (Much like the FFT 1.3 Master guide)
I liked Arch idea about the format, so I decided to make my own
Do you like this format for monsters guys? (I made it with Excel and Paint)
(The info about chocobos are not complete)

Pride

Good format, it displays everything nicely. And it adds a bit of color and life to the set up.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Dome on January 04, 2011, 04:27:50 pm- Fire, Ice and Thunder spells have been changed to make them different (Fire focuses on damage, Ice on AoE and Thunder on speed)

Have fun rebalancing the Glacier, Blaze, and Blast Guns then.

Dome

Quote- Fire, Ice and Thunder spells have been changed to make them different (Fire focuses on damage, Ice on AoE and Thunder on speed)

When the time comes I will work on them too
I will adjust the WP accordingly

philsov

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 04, 2011, 05:20:35 pm

Shouldn't be too hard, but I don't know how extreme the damage differences in black magic are.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.