• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote- I'm probably going to be in the minority on this, but I think Ramza's skillset name could have been left as Guts. While it might be fitting to call it leadership when he has abilities like "Everyone Defend" (sidenote: I'm not a fan of some of the skill names either), most of his skills are still largely focused on supporting and buffing himself.
gain, I'll likely be in the minority for this one, but I also think that for chapter 1, he could still be called a squire, because...he is one.

This is meant to be a community project, and the one I released is an Alpha demo, so, nothing is permanent
Give more specific suggestions for the names/skills and we will discuss them
P.s: Seems that the majority of ppl likes the Cadet -> Mercenary -> Heretic progression, so I don't think it will be changed for now...but who knows?

Quote- I don't think I need to point out the problems with your cameo in Gariland.

Please point them, because I don't see the problem...

QuoteWhat's the difficulty curve going to look like? Honestly, vanilla FFT failed in this department and IMHO, so did 1.3.

Enemies will always be at your level, (Only bosses will be some level higher) and the enemy equipment in every fight (Random or storyline battle) will be the same you can buy in stores (Even if almost every battle will have at least 1 item worth stealing)
In this way, levelling won't punish you at all, you can't get LOLCRISTALMAIL at level 1, and steal will be still worth the slot

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Pride

Having a cameo of yourself screams "lolpatch" and causes it to not be taken seriously, which it should be.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Dome

Quote from: Pride on January 01, 2011, 06:39:35 am
Having a cameo of yourself screams "lolpatch" and causes it to not be taken seriously, which it should be.

A whole patch is judged by a useless cameo which only changes 4 letters on a name you may even not see?
Wow
If it is such a big problem, I'll remove it...

Eternal

First impressions matter, sadly. Even if it's not a huge deal overall, it still gives a certain appearance that you want to avoid.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on January 01, 2011, 07:12:29 am
First impressions matter, sadly. Even if it's not a huge deal overall, it still gives a certain appearance that you want to avoid.

Ok ok, got the message
It will be removed in the next demo (Which will feature the whole chapter 2)

Dome

QuoteDaggers: They will probably lose the +1 speed
My idea is that every dagger should have the same weapon power, (After all, daggers are usually meant as defensive weapons, and not for offense) also, every dagger should have something different to make them useful, like 25% to inflict status on hit or granting good statuses to the one who wields the dagger (In this way, almost all daggers will never be outclassed)

QuoteFlails: Same WP, different properties, like daggers

QuoteGuns: there are 2 non magic (buyable) guns; Those 2 should have the same WP but different properties as well

QuoteAxes: Same as flails

In this way, there will be a lot more of variety with those weapons, that are usually not used much

Like? Don't like? Think something should be changed?
Discuss

P.s: Swords should gain a 13 WP fire and thunder sword, like the Ice brand, just with a different element

FFMaster

What formula will the Flails and axes use? The old vanilla formula?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dome

My ideas:

QuotePriest - Wizard - Time mage - Summoner - Oracle will get a instant spell, in this way they will always be able to use some kind of magic
My ideas:
Priest: 1 panel 3 range cure 2 (Mini cure)
Wizard: 1 panel 3 range flare (nerfed damage) (Mini flare)
Time mage: 1 panel 3 range haste (Small haste)
Summoner: Need suggestions here
Oracle: Need suggestions here

QuoteAbout wizard skillset:
Fire will do more damage than ice and thunder
Ice will have a wider range than fire and thunder
Thunder will charge faster than ice and fire
It will lose poison

Like? Don't like? Think something should be changed?
Discuss

Dome

Quote from: FFMaster on January 01, 2011, 07:22:21 pm
What formula will the Flails and axes use? The old vanilla formula?

Still don't know about axes, but I think flails should use 1.3's formula

FFMaster

Dome

Quote from: FFMaster on January 01, 2011, 07:27:36 pm
So, what is the point of adding in the instant spells again?

During the first part of the game, you can charge whatever you want and the enemy won't probably be even able to move
Later in the game, you are not able to charge anything at all, and jobs like the black mage are usually...left behind
That's why the idea of an instant spell

philsov

That would be a twist on daggers, but why change them in the first place?  Daggers are used plenty, because of that +1 speed.

Changing these for guns, axes, and flails has some potential, but what sort of WP are you thinking about for them?  Are they going to be some sort of "stat stick" or with they have viable melee as well?

QuoteP.s: Swords should gain a 13 WP fire and thunder sword, like the Ice brand, just with a different element

And what gets sacrificed in the process?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

philsov

QuoteTime mage: 1 panel 3 range haste (Small haste)

that's yell.

FFMaster

I can't remember if the gun formula had problems or not, but I suggest you test it if you already haven't. Your ideas as usual are very vague, except for the sword ones. Personally, I hate using anything with 25% status activation, and would rather use another alternative. Axes have always been terrible, and probably need a formula edit.

For the swords, which swords do you plan to replace? I honestly don't like how the elemental swords will be 13 WP. It will make sword scaling much harder as the game progresses, unless you want swords to jump from 9 to 13 WP instantly.

Dome

That would be a twist on daggers, but why change them in the first place?  Daggers are used plenty, because of that +1 speed.
I want to limit the +1 speed stuff

Changing these for guns, axes, and flails has some potential, but what sort of WP are you thinking about for them?  Are they going to be some sort of "stat stick" or with they have viable melee as well?
Still have to decide about the numbers, I have to test in-battle...but I want them to be useful in melee, and not just for stats/statuses

And what gets sacrificed in the process?
Coral sword will just see his stats (and aviability) change
Say bye bye to the "ancient sword", which will become the "blazing sword" or something similar

FFMaster

Well, that would be very hard, if not impossible to balance. What you are suggesting now, those spells will never be used in the latter part of the game anyway, except for the Haste one, which philsov has already mentioned as being a Yell clone. I will also add that Haste is 2 CT, and I would probably still use that due to AoE.

They will just deal too little damage later on, and if you buff them too much, too much damage early game.

Dome

Your ideas as usual are very vague, except for the sword ones.
I already have some idea in mind, but I'd like to hear the others suggestions before saying my ideas

Axes have always been terrible, and probably need a formula edit.
Axes will probably get lower WP and a less random formula

For the swords, which swords do you plan to replace? I honestly don't like how the elemental swords will be 13 WP. It will make sword scaling much harder as the game progresses, unless you want swords to jump from 9 to 13 WP instantly
4-5-6-7-9-10-12-13-13-13-14
(coral will see his stats changed, ancient sword will become the 13 wp elemental sword)

philsov

QuoteThey will just deal too little damage later on, and if you buff them too much, too much damage early game.

Yes, but that's all spells.