• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:33:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Tired of lolpatch

Started by Bastard Poetry, February 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm

Quitcha Bitchin?

Yeah.. We're going overboard with this lolpatch war.
17 (44.7%)
Fuck you, Bastard.
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm

DarthPaul

February 13, 2009, 11:15:45 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Arch you seem to be missing the point time and time again.

Read the words spoken to you without a need to argue against them. Then if you still have a problem that's when you post.

I agree 100% with BP on the issue at hand.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:17:28 pm #41 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:03:16 am by Archael
Quotence again, Voldemort, you missed the point entirely.

Zodiac, you missed it too

That's pretty funny because Zodiac controls what happens on the site

if he missed the point on the problems in his own site I don't know what to say about you then

QuoteVoldemort and Asmo have become thugs, and their endless complaining about lolpatches and their zealous desire to kick anyone with an idea is not going to improve this community.

what in the world are you talking about? I never even post here dude

so where exactly am I getting a 'zealous desire to kick everyone with an idea'??

I said that having a mod in here will improve this community

and trust me

it will

QuoteI'm seeing "extreme measures," as Zodiac put it, with Voldemort's attitude and proposed solution. I don't think Asmo should be the moderator if the result is destroying any idea he deems unworthy.

Huge assumption..

You have ZERO idea of how Asmo (or anyone else Zodiac is thinking of for mod) would be like as Moderator. Then again you don't know Asmo as well as Zodiac and I do.

Perhaps you take his troll posts seriously, in which case, your view of him is HORRIBLY distorted from what he is really like

QuoteThe point about Curu: She left because her presence here caused extreme horndogism and jokes about her on the Spam board and, if I had to guess, she was repulsed by the immaturity.

wrong

she mentioned that she had some IRL problems to deal with, posted twice, then left

she also mentioned several times that she cared not about the joke topics made about her

nice try trying to bring in a totally unrelated point into this discussion about lolpatches, though

QuoteVoldemort, quit lulzing for a fucking second and realize that there are consequences to your actions. You think it'd be funny to watch Asmo tear new project ideas to pieces;

no I wouldn't, nice assumption though

Quoteyour nomination has nothing to do with the belief that he'd actually clean up the board with objectivity and rationality.

wrong again

my nomination has to do with my experiences working with asmo on 1.3 in the past

that guy has a sense of design and problem solving like no one else on this entire site, and he would make a great mod for this forum just because of how he can spot a good idea immediately

then again you wouldn't have figured that out on your own, you went right for an assumption based on... I don't know, your imagination, of why you think I'm nominating Asmo for Mod

QuoteHell, I don't even want to see Asmo put into the position of having to deal with moderation objectively and rationally. He's too good at tearing people up with blunt honesty. He'd absolutely HATE having to be an objective moderator.

Blunt honesty never hurt anyone

nice speaking in Asmo's place there, though

Are you a fortune teller? you talk like you knew how Asmo will act as a moderator!!!

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:18:18 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"Arch you seem to be missing the point time and time again.

Read the words spoken to you without a need to argue against them. Then if you still have a problem that's when you post.

I agree 100% with BP on the issue at hand.

hi there 3rd party guest-in-the-argument

your level of relevance here is undetermined

DarthPaul

February 13, 2009, 11:21:25 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Exactly what I am talking about man.

You are looking for a fight and are now starting to act like a cornered animal.

Fighting back to those who may not even hold animosity towards you, as I do not.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

dwib

February 13, 2009, 11:23:06 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
why does everyone think asmo would tear up the new projects forum?? yeah he gives criticism but that's because SOMEONE needs to instead of saying "good job dude!!" which is how undeserving forum sections get created... because no one wants to hurt anyone's fucking feelings. Asmo isn't the dick everyone thinks he is, and he deserves a mod position more than most

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:24:42 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"Exactly what I am talking about man.

You are looking for a fight and are now starting to act like a cornered animal.

I'm not looking for a fight, I am trying to make people understand that a moderator is needed here

and if you back up BP's point of view that things are fine and dandy I am going to call you out on what you're doing (joining the argument for fun)

QuoteFighting back to those who may not even hold animosity towards you, as I do not.

I don't think anyone here holds animosity towards me

the only person who has reason to hold animosity towards me is blackmageshin

I ate that guy alive a couple of months ago and made him ragequit the site

so trust me, that's not the reason I am replying to you right now

nice theory though I guess

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:25:20 pm #46 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:27:39 pm by Archael
Quote from: "dwib"because no one wants to hurt anyone's fucking feelings.

exactly

and feelings, unfortunately for you carebears (BP, Cheetah, others) have little to do with solid ideas

the sooner you realize this the sooner you understand the problem

Also, Dwib is right about Asmo

when it comes down to it, Asmo is way more tame than you're making him out to be

he will sit down with you and give you a solid logical process of why an idea won't work, and why x or y solution is better in your specific project

he's that good

like I said before those who don't know Asmo don't know what they are talking about

SydneySoul

February 13, 2009, 11:26:13 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
There's a reason blunt honesty has such a name. It does hurt people. Constructive criticism =/= blunt honesty. Blunt honesty will get you fired, get you beat up, stifle relationships, cause people to either lose or gain respect for you (double edged sword). That's just the short list.

Constructive Criticism:

"I don't like how this and this turned out. You should look into this, this, and that or try this - otherwise so&so feels lacking. Consider the effect of blah blah on the blah blah."

Blunt Honesty:

"Yea, the such & such are all wrong. Fix them or you won't end up with anything  of merit."

If you don't notice the difference there...
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.

DarthPaul

February 13, 2009, 11:31:43 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I did not join the argument just for fun, that is the last thing I would do as I never do anything "just for fun". :D

I never said a mod isn't a good idea and neither did BP.

I am overly critical of Asmo because whenever I have tried to have a decent conversation with him he tried to make me ragequit.

If he is as you say we should make him a mod. I am just speaking from experience of dealing with him. In all off our conversations he tried to troll me and on occasions admitted that he was being serious. Though again if I could see him as you do that would be nice.

If we could end this argument in a way that helped the site I think it would be for the best. All I see happening right now is a small scale civil war which could end very bad for us.

I love this place and would like to see it flourish. For that to happen though we need a solution to this argument everyone agrees with. (Or at least the vast majority.)

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:33:53 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "SydneySoul"There's a reason blunt honesty has such a name. It does hurt people.

enlighten us

Quote. Constructive criticism =/= blunt honesty.

Constructive Criticism = Blunt Honest when you limit the Constructive Criticism to the person's ideas for a FFT project

the problem is way too many people take CC for their projects AS Blunt Honesty and get their feelings hurt

Blunt Honesty about a FFT project never hurt anyone

QuoteBlunt honesty will get you fired, get you beat up, stifle relationships, cause people to either lose or gain respect for you (double edged sword).

examples are irrelevant and are borderline on stupidity

you don't Blunt Honest your boss, cuz you get fired

however you do Blunt Honest when you want an idea to improved

this is a FFT hacking site

blunt honesty about trying to improve ideas works, without it, "constructive criticism" candy coats too much of what needs to be said

QuoteConstructive Criticism:

"I don't like how this and this turned out. You should look into this, this, and that or try this - otherwise so&so feels lacking. Consider the effect of blah blah on the blah blah."

My feelings are now hurt

your Blunt Honesty has now hurt my feelings and I will ragequit the entire project

bye

HatterMadigan

February 13, 2009, 11:35:03 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
I agree with SydneySoul. If Asmo or you, Voldemort, would just help with the constructive criticism and tell them what's wrong with their patch that makes it an 'lolpatch' in your eyes, instead of 'this sucks!', maybe there would be less 'lolpatches'. Just a thought. But I do think that there should be a point in time where, if the poster of the topic requests that their particular topic be deleted because they don't want to do it anymore, then I think it should be complied. That would  free up more space, so SentinalBlade wouldn't have as much of a problem.

DarthPaul

February 13, 2009, 11:36:17 pm #51 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:38:41 pm by darthpaul
I did not see a solid argument in that reply Arch. Sorry it just didn't happen that time.

Also HM the same could be said about that agreement statement.

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:37:28 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "HatterMadigan"I agree with SydneySoul. If Asmo or you, Voldemort, would just help with the constructive criticism and tell them what's wrong with their patch

don't you think a moderator would be more efficient with this?

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:38:08 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"I did not see a solid argument in that reply Arch. Sorry it just didn't happen that time.

I did not take logic101 class so you might see me using some ad hominems and some red herrings

sorry my arguments don't adhere to your high standard of quality DP

DarthPaul

February 13, 2009, 11:40:16 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Voldemort"I did not take logic101 class so you might see me using some ad hominems and some red herrings

sorry my arguments don't adhere to your high standard of quality ph33rb0t

I do not have high standards it would just be nice to see arguments with merits and not the start of a flame fest.

HatterMadigan

February 13, 2009, 11:40:16 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Sometimes, yes. But not just one. One person in control of this could spell disaster for you and bastardpoetry both, if it goes either way. That is why I think we need two- one from each side. They would both have to agree on something for it to happen. Even, no?

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:41:51 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "HatterMadigan"Sometimes, yes. But not just one. One person in control of this could spell disaster for you and bastardpoetry both?

uh... not really

(unless Asmo gets it because some people seem to not want Asmo as mod of this place)

CidIII

February 13, 2009, 11:41:53 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Debate is a good class though, you should take it, it is quite fun.

The solution to this problem is evident, Algus must be made the moderator! The way he mends words is uncanny.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Archael

February 13, 2009, 11:42:50 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"
Quote from: "Voldemort"I did not take logic101 class so you might see me using some ad hominems and some red herrings

sorry my arguments don't adhere to your high standard of quality ph33rb0t

I do not have high standards it would just be nice to see arguments with merits and not the start of a flame fest.
where have I flamed anyone

DarthPaul

February 13, 2009, 11:46:02 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Your reply to SSoul was less constructed argument and more borderline flamebaiting.