• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:03:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Flashtics [*** 0.6 Available ***]

Started by dbp, December 30, 2010, 01:13:41 am

dbp

Next demo available !
As always check the bottom of my first post.
Thanks Twinees for the sprites, Cheetah for sounds and Eternal for English text correction.
Nice team work !

**Features**
The musics and sounds add a lot of depth to the game.
While Message box and Dialogs add some game-user interactivity.

This bring the demo to a new level.
Enjoy !

Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Eternal

Amazing stuff! The music and menu does add a ton to the scenery. What's your plans for next? You just keep adding more and more awesome stuff! :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

Zodiac ripped all those sounds for the record. This is looking freaking awesome, the sound effects, music, and event editing stuff is incredible.

As for the next steps:
1) What sprite would you like to have made up for you next dbp?
2) As far as the maps go, here is our wiki link for how maps are programmed in FFT, so perhaps you could make some kind of conversion. http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Maps
3) Do you need weapon sprites? Or more attack animations?
Current Projects:

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Also, I'm curious. Do you need MP3s or MIDIs for music? I can try and dig some up that might be useful to you.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

mav

Sweet Sassy Molassy. This is such an inspiring project. You work incredibly quickly and efficiently. If there's ever been a project that's needed completion, it's this one.

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Eternal

I'm very tempted to give this project a board, btw. It just needs an official name. ^_^

mav

Is "The Most Important and Inspiring FFT Project Ever" not a good name?

Eternal

I was thinking "Final Fantasy Flashtics". But I'm sure dbp has a better name than that in mind. :P

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Twinees

Haha, thats so cool. Like Cheetah said, if you need help with anything just ask :)

dbp

Good morning ! (Japan Time).

I am very glad that you liked it as i said your feedback is very important for me !
But more than feedback it is an exchange, i am still very surprise how kind and helpful is FFH community !

QuoteAs for the next steps:
1) What sprite would you like to have made up for you next dbp?
2) As far as the maps go, here is our wiki link for how maps are programmed in FFT, so perhaps you could make some kind of conversion. http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Maps
3) Do you need weapon sprites? Or more attack animations?

1 - As i wanted to do a kind of remake of FF7, why not inserting a different FF7 character ?
2 - I'll have a look !
3 - this is find i think, i Twinees already gave me some good stuffs, i just need to program it.

QuoteAlso, I'm curious. Do you need MP3s or MIDIs for music? I can try and dig some up that might be useful to you.

I use modern MP3 :D

QuoteI'm very tempted to give this project a board, btw. It just needs an official name. ^_^

Waow really ? feel free to do it ! I would be very happy !

About the name i don't know myself : Final Fantasy Flashtics is not bad at all.
Final Fantasy Tactics Flash Edition (A little bit long ?)
Pain in the ass to program game ?
Final Fantasy Tactics Online ?

As i released the next demo, i feel like i can ask you some more sprites :D May i ?

Lets decide the next Character ! Why not Sephiroth ? :D

Twinees

Quote from: dbp
As i released the next demo, i feel like i can ask you some more sprites :D May i ?

Lets decide the next Character ! Why not Sephiroth ? :D

Sephiroth has a sprite made already, which is good foir you, but its got some general errors and quite a lot of shading errors (i think somebody wanted me to fix Sephiroth up a while back).
If you really want me to, I can fix it up.

dbp

Well it really depends on your preferences twinees. In fact, i don't really care.
The only FF7 character that looks hard to implement right now is Red XIII. But i may be able to implement it later.

So if you have any character that you want to implement in priority please tell me.

dbp

By the way, here is my plan for the next release.

- 2 Units on Map
- Attack implementation
- New Background
- Some bugs correction
- Internal code changes

Xifanie

February 07, 2011, 02:02:25 pm #77 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:04:44 pm by Xifanie
I made a Palette Editor script for TYPE1 sprites...
Basically is rips all the frames of the unit + Portrait.

There are 364 frames for a TYPE1 sprite, each frame fits in a 48x48 block. This should be identical to what you find in shishi.

I made this for you, so if you would like a different width for the spritesheet (currently 768x1152), tell me.

Technically, Frame 0 is always blank, so I just pasted the portrait over it.... if you mind I can easily change my script.

Example attached.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

dbp

Hi !

I see, this script might be very very useful. Especially if we want to implement a new character very easily in my engine.

I don't know anything about what options you have to make this script, but i have few questions about it.

First, 768 * 1152 may just be a little bit too big in my opinion.
The fact is that its an online game, and more we add characters and more the downloading time will be huge for the user. (But if we have no choices, that may be fine.)

Also, there is still some half sprites. (Like charging position for example).
Is is possible to fix that ? I mean, is it possible to get the full sprite ?
At the end of the sprite sheet there is a lot of half sprites that i can't use in my engine, so maybe if we remove them, the size of the images may be good.
Is is possible to generate a kind of light version of this ?
With a sprite sheet that can looks almost similar as the sprite sheet i sent ?

Anyway this is just looking good. Thank you for your help.
I know what you a looking to do there.

If hopefully we can coordinate your sprite sheet script with my engine, implementing chars will be a piece of cake.

Lijj

The half frames are for the standing in water. Nice work on the script Xifanie and DBP this is an exiting project you have coming along.