• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 02:36:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chocokin

Started by digitaldragoon, March 02, 2009, 08:58:19 pm

Smash

The chibi look is hard to avoid in FFT.

[attachment=0:2tnlclvs]Upload.png[/attachment:2tnlclvs]

Either way.. Think there could be a chance to make normal units use monster sprites, or other big sheets? I was thinking I'd be useful for making in-horse cavalier units.

There's already the cavalier sheet, making the horse wouldn't be a big task.. Just a few poses and joining them in. Fire emblem cavaliers with horses would be the most epic thing to ever happen in all goddamn Ivalice

jimmyjw88

The only way (currently, unless we somehow figure it out on the alignments and how they work) for mountable unit is by using monster sheet. But the poses are limited; 1 to 3 tops, for attacks frames.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Wolfran

Quote from: "Smash"Eeehh..

Whats so great about mutant overgrown chicken anyway..? Like pikachu, it's just a lame forced signature character by square's part

Real men mount real fucking steeds

[attachment=0:3kvmca7z]Upload.png[/attachment:3kvmca7z]

(I know it's useless, but it was fun to sprite)
Someone has to finish this concept...
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Smash finish this at least please, we have seen laready lot of your great concepts, but they usually are left unfinished :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Smash

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Smash finish this at least please, we have seen laready lot of your great concepts, but they [s:lo9y3kfj]usually[/s:lo9y3kfj] always are left unfinished :/
Imagine this was finished right now, with great poses all along, good animation frames all over, great palletes, ect.

It wouldn't change anything. This because it won't fit any of FFT's existing sprite allignments, hence the comments above. I was saying it could hardly work for horse like enemies in the monster sheet though, but those weren't the original intentions.

Before anyone comes saying it'd work great for a centaur enemy, it'd still look too cramped in the small space avilable, and would need some shortening fixes that would make it look too chibi.

jimmyjw88

Agreed. Cramming that in won't look good and making it look chibi isn't going to be either.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.