• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:34:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CCP - Bug Reports

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:42:46 pm

Stretch

September 24, 2011, 02:51:31 am #100 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:28:40 am by Stretch
Um, is the first Colliery battle supposed to be a glitched out Save Cloud mission? The battle can still be won, it's just against 4 very weak lapidaries, and Cloud doesn't join at the end... I imagine this has something to do with changing the whole Cloud mission into something new?

EDIT: The next battle starts with Cyan's introduction on a black screen, then after the discussion with very confusing wordbox portriats I get a BATTLE COMPLETE! and items and money! Then the actual colliery fight starts, and every time a character does an action, the screen turns black. :? This is getting interesting! I haven't even done the first story battle in ch4 yet. The Beowulf and Cyan sidequests are messed up.

EDIT: Just finished that battle, and I'm back to the party screen, so it's still beatable so far. The next battle is completely normal.

EDIT: Colliery done. Only the first two battles are glitchy. And just an aesthetic note, I don't think "Doubler" should have the quotation marks.
Yeah, right

Stretch

Jeez I'm posting a lot but I have a lot to say!

Ramza just trained an enemy, but he shouldn't have... Here's what he has on.

Does Torero have innate Train? Also, I just tested it out, Ramza definitely has 7 jump. This is after the Colliery glitches, they might have done something weird.
Yeah, right

Celdia

Well, better late than never:

I checked Fire Dance and the Fire element flag is definitely checked. I can't say I know why its not triggering Oil for you since it definitely should be. I would suggest testing it on a Bomb/Grenade to see if it heals them or not just to be 100% sure. The problem may not be with Fire Dance but with Oil.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Stretch

September 24, 2011, 02:14:33 pm #103 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:28:23 pm by Stretch
Fire Dance healed a bomb, so the problem is with Oil. Maybe Oil isn't triggered because Fire Dance is a physical attack? I've been using a brawler for poaching and it has been a lot of fun, poaching multiple enemies in one attack. Should I be able to use Brawler abilities to poach?

Thanks for the emulator settings, I copied them for mine but the only thing that changed is that the vanilla rom loads to the Squaresoft screen before hanging, no change to CCP. I'm thinking the problem must be the version of the game on my disc (it was a first edition US copy) or my computer (Windows 7 laptop). Anyway, I can play it with fewer crashes now that my other emulator doesn't think it's reading data outside the limits.
Yeah, right

Celdia

Don't know why Train is triggering for you. That could be a conflict from something in ALMA. I'll have to investigate. As for Poaching with Brawler skills...should you be able to? After all the ASM I've put into this thing I can't say I'm surprised you can. I never intended for that but it is amusing.

Stretch

There's something so visceral about Brawler skills poaching, it makes the skills feel more like actually hitting the enemy with blows and strikes instead of magic effects.
Yeah, right

Celdia

October 01, 2011, 01:29:49 pm #106 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:13:23 pm by Celdia
A few things in 1.96 I noticed after I put the patch up that I missed.

The description for Loremaster's Resurrection skill should read as follows
Arcane magic capable of restoring a fallen ally
to full health.
Range:4  Effect:1  MP:26
Cancel:Dead

Also lacking on the Mop Handle and Caduceus wands is a listing for 'Range: 5' like the other wands.

Rafa and Malak have the wrong move skill in their base skillsets. Not much to do about this until I update the patch again.

Stretch

October 04, 2011, 04:56:48 am #107 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:07:31 am by Stretch
I just used the Flame Tongue against someone with the Oil status, and there was no damage boost. Oil must only make fire spells stronger, not fire elemental attacks.

Also, if you wear Weighted Boots and a Winged Cap, you will float. Not that I would do that, but the enemies seem to like the combination.
Yeah, right

CT5Holy

In battle, I can't see all my jobs unlocked. Can't really get a good sense of how much JP my characters have =P
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Celdia

@Stretch: Someone else mentioned the Oil fix hack not working 100%. Been trying to find out if anyone has figured out what to do with that. As for the items, if you wear a Rabbit Pole and Fresh Herbs you can have both Poison and Regen at the same time. There are a few amusing combinations like that.

@CT5Holy: That's an unfortunate known bug with the female units. I don't know how to fix it but Xifanie once mentioned it would be easy to do...I just don't know how.

Lady Ladile

Looks like White and Blue chocobos have the correct new coloring and skills, but still show up named Black and Red, respectively.

Celdia

I would forget something like that. -_-

Stretch

Waterflying cloth item description: "250% magic evasion"
Yeah, right

Stretch

Confirming that Rafa and Malak both join at 69 brave and faith. I made the changes at ETND 131 and 132 after patching the rom. Now Malak isn't useless and Rafa isn't a coward!
Yeah, right

Stretch

October 16, 2011, 11:30:22 pm #114 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:38:03 pm by Stretch
Using a Loremaster... I tried using the spell Ice Storm, and nothing happened. I have the Destruction Tome equipped, and was targeting a unit. All the spell did was drain my MP.

EDIT: I just tried it again, this time targeting myself and an enemy unit, without selecting an enemy, and it worked. No idea why it wasn't going off before. But after more testing, it definitely doesn't go off when a unit is selected, only a panel.
Yeah, right

Celdia

A couple of the Loremaster skills got placed over old skills from Rafa and Malak. In the last update I think they may still have the Random Hits flag set which means for all that AoE, its only hitting one panel, at random. I'll see if I can get an update posted soon that fixes that.

Stretch

October 18, 2011, 03:16:09 pm #116 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:22:11 pm by Stretch
Using the newest patch, but with an old save. Lightning Bolt and Ice Storm still aren't working right.

EDIT: Also, at the Volcano, I have a unit with the Magnifier move to the top of the spire for the item there... and nothing happened? I tried out the other item panels, and nothing happened. Is the item broken? Did you move the items around?
Yeah, right

Celdia

I didn't move the items at the Volcano and I haven't changed the Magnifier since I put it in and I know it worked before. I'll give it a test when I get some time later. As for Lightning Bolt and Ice Storm, I'm looking at the flags on those right now and they've been fixed in the latest update. I can't imagine what's causing them to not work now. I just tested them both really quick and they function fine. I don't how an old save could make a difference with that since I'm using an old save to test with.

Stretch

Maybe with the emulator I use, the savestates carry over more information?
Yeah, right

Eternal

Don't load from savestates between versions- it messes some stuff up.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817